What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Tyrone's Arboretum and Cannabinoid Oasis

TyroneShoelace

Found one of DJ's BB Sat from the Spice of Life days
7032SOL_DJ_Short_Blueberry_Sativa_68B9.jpg

GrandpaMillenial

Good looking plants!

My Flo came from a 4+4. I was just checking this thread from the beginning and i noticed you grew blueberry and kwazulu.

I made a little cross of those two a couple grows ago. Two different kwazulu, one turned bright red.

1842A8A9-CA5A-4B5C-810A-949F1C0402C1.jpeg

So after Im done with my current Thai/Panama/Flo grow, ill be sprouting my little F1’s.

TyroneShoelace

Good looking plants!

My Flo came from a 4+4. I was just checking this thread from the beginning and i noticed you grew blueberry and kwazulu.

I made a little cross of those two a couple grows ago. Two different kwazulu, one turned bright red.

View attachment 18741219

So after Im done with my current Thai/Panama/Flo grow, ill be sprouting my little F1’s.
Wow! That's a beautiful Kwazulu! I had no idea they got colorful like that. Did she have the typical anise/licorice aromatics?

I love that you made a BB Kwazulu cross. Great minds, my friend!
Kwazulu Flo.jpg

GrandpaMillenial

Wow! That's a beautiful Kwazulu! I had no idea they got colorful like that. Did she have the typical anise/licorice aromatics?

I love that you made a BB Kwazulu cross. Great minds, my friend!
View attachment 18741261
Damn, nice organized collection, where’d you get that organizer?

I grew 3 kwazulus, I got em from the seedcellar during the pandemic. I popped 3 bean and each plant was a little different.

2 super green one of which was hard to control. 1 red medium size.

The green ones had a little spice/anise, the red was a bit floral/perfume, not as speedy.

Over time they have all seemed to drift towards a pineapple smell and taste.

Great to smoke for breakfast or at parties, very speedy. Not an everyday smoke, and not much needed.

Ive heard a few reports of a red/purple pheno so its not totally uncommon.

The landrace team has a drakensberg that looks a bit more landracey. they say 14 weeks, i took the wos to about 11 weeks.

Not to many people have grown kwazulu, thats so wild we both had the same plan.

TyroneShoelace

Damn, nice organized collection, where’d you get that organizer?

I grew 3 kwazulus, I got em from the seedcellar during the pandemic. I popped 3 bean and each plant was a little different.

2 super green one of which was hard to control. 1 red medium size.

The green ones had a little spice/anise, the red was a bit floral/perfume, not as speedy.

Over time they have all seemed to drift towards a pineapple smell and taste.

Great to smoke for breakfast or at parties, very speedy. Not an everyday smoke, and not much needed.

Ive heard a few reports of a red/purple pheno so its not totally uncommon.

The landrace team has a drakensberg that looks a bit more landracey. they say 14 weeks, i took the wos to about 11 weeks.

Not to many people have grown kwazulu, thats so wild we both had the same plan.
It's a rack for centrifuge tubes. You can find them on Amazon pretty cheap. This one is for 1.5ml tubes, but it works with 0.5ml, though if you get the angle wrong they can slip underneath the rack. Depending on the seed sizes a 0.5ml tube is good for a single 10-15pack.

Interesting on those aromas. I ran a green Kwazulu until it was overripe and never detected anything fruity. Must speak to the variation in the line. It was all spice/anise and not particularly speedy. Oddly enough, it was way overripe at 10 weeks. 9 was likely the sweet spot, but I only did a light pollination and wanted to make sure every Flo seed was mature.

That Drakensberg looks so drastically different than the Kwazulu. That region is right next to Kwazulu Natal and at nearly the same elevation. It's hard to believe the morphology would be so drastically different between the two. I would love to have seen the selection process for both.

I am stoked to see someone else go in a similar direction with the Blues and Kwazulu! Looking forward to seeing what you end up with. Nice to see people walking similar paths as there is so much to be learned in the process.

I had a similar experience a few years ago when I was working with the ACDC. I wanted to cross it with a Blueberry selection and then work it back to an ACDC chemotype, with BB terps and looks. Then JD dropped Rosaberry. I was thankful he did the work, though because his results weren't quite what I was after. Maybe it was just his selections, but I wasn't as interested in continuing that direction so I pivoted to doing an ACDC x Flo. And I found that the floral terps pair quite well with the ACDC, though I didn't find what I was looking for in the first round. But I plan to return to that once I have more space and can run some real numbers.

ACDCxFlo.jpg

GrandpaMillenial

It's a rack for centrifuge tubes. You can find them on Amazon pretty cheap. This one is for 1.5ml tubes, but it works with 0.5ml, though if you get the angle wrong they can slip underneath the rack. Depending on the seed sizes a 0.5ml tube is good for a single 10-15pack.

Interesting on those aromas. I ran a green Kwazulu until it was overripe and never detected anything fruity. Must speak to the variation in the line. It was all spice/anise and not particularly speedy. Oddly enough, it was way overripe at 10 weeks. 9 was likely the sweet spot, but I only did a light pollination and wanted to make sure every Flo seed was mature.

That Drakensberg looks so drastically different than the Kwazulu. That region is right next to Kwazulu Natal and at nearly the same elevation. It's hard to believe the morphology would be so drastically different between the two. I would love to have seen the selection process for both.

I am stoked to see someone else go in a similar direction with the Blues and Kwazulu! Looking forward to seeing what you end up with. Nice to see people walking similar paths as there is so much to be learned in the process.

I had a similar experience a few years ago when I was working with the ACDC. I wanted to cross it with a Blueberry selection and then work it back to an ACDC chemotype, with BB terps and looks. Then JD dropped Rosaberry. I was thankful he did the work, though because his results weren't quite what I was after. Maybe it was just his selections, but I wasn't as interested in continuing that direction so I pivoted to doing an ACDC x Flo. And I found that the floral terps pair quite well with the ACDC, though I didn't find what I was looking for in the first round. But I plan to return to that once I have more space and can run some real numbers.

View attachment 18741435

Thanks for the heads up on that equipment!

Do you have plans to grow out your kwazulu x flo? It be cool to compare notes.

I came up with the idea to cross the two strains sorta as a tribute to my late grow buddy, he was an old vietnam vet that showed me the ropes early 00’s.

He always grew a strain called “Big Blue”, i think which was either Joti or BCSC. He always had durban poison growing. Then he would have a few more of different varieties. He didn’t even get very high from big blue, but everybody else did, so he grew it to give away.

Durban was his all time favorite, im pretty sure he was growing dutch passion but apparently durban poison isnt what it used to be 20 years ago. So the girl at the seed store told me to check out that kwazulu.

I found something similar.

effects rated as… aroused, happy, and tingly. so i figured id grow it out and give some to my girl lol.

I hope we can grow these out and compare notes.

TyroneShoelace

Thanks for the heads up on that equipment!

Do you have plans to grow out your kwazulu x flo? It be cool to compare notes.

I came up with the idea to cross the two strains sorta as a tribute to my late grow buddy, he was an old vietnam vet that showed me the ropes early 00’s.

He always grew a strain called “Big Blue”, i think which was either Joti or BCSC. He always had durban poison growing. Then he would have a few more of different varieties. He didn’t even get very high from big blue, but everybody else did, so he grew it to give away.

Durban was his all time favorite, im pretty sure he was growing dutch passion but apparently durban poison isnt what it used to be 20 years ago. So the girl at the seed store told me to check out that kwazulu.

I found something similar.

effects rated as… aroused, happy, and tingly. so i figured id grow it out and give some to my girl lol.

I hope we can grow these out and compare notes.
Yeah, I can't speak to DP's current quality, but I have a hard time believing they didn't outcross their Durban to skunk at some point along the way. They say it's pure, but I take most seed-seller marketing with a grain of salt.

Your tribute is awesome! Can't wait to see what comes out of it.

Honestly, I doubt I'll be getting to the KZxFlo anytime soon. All else equal I have a couple projects that are going to take up my space for the next 2 years. If you want a 5pk to play with and you think you will get to growing them sooner, holler at me in the DM.

I will definitely be following your progress and taking notes either way.

TyroneShoelace

Quick update. The Type 3 bubba cross (Cali Kush) is still taking her time. She's an absolute mass of cabbage. I can't wait to see how her flowers fill in.
20220711_184408.jpg

We are still vegging, trying to get some height going out of the CK. And I am abusing the other plants trying to keep them at the same canopy height. I get sticky fingers whenever I touch the CK. Everything is covered in resin (capitate sessile), even the oldest fan leaves.
20220809_191703.jpg

And the younger ones have stalked capitate trichs

20220809_191733.jpg

I hope this juice is worth the long squeeze. All signs point to something good, but it's painfully slow.

GrandpaMillenial

Yeah, I can't speak to DP's current quality, but I have a hard time believing they didn't outcross their Durban to skunk at some point along the way. They say it's pure, but I take most seed-seller marketing with a grain of salt.

Your tribute is awesome! Can't wait to see what comes out of it.

Honestly, I doubt I'll be getting to the KZxFlo anytime soon. All else equal I have a couple projects that are going to take up my space for the next 2 years. If you want a 5pk to play with and you think you will get to growing them sooner, holler at me in the DM.

I will definitely be following your progress and taking notes either way.
That sounds awesome, I only had a few seeds any so maybe i’ll reach out. Im 90% certain it will be my next grow.

btw someone did a write up on kwazulu and they took some nice pics of a purple pheno.

TyroneShoelace

That sounds awesome, I only had a few seeds any so maybe i’ll reach out. Im 90% certain it will be my next grow.

btw someone did a write up on kwazulu and they took some nice pics of a purple pheno.

It would be great to see someone grow them out. The Flo papa was very dominant in the ACDC cross. Both runs were very colorful. First round had an earlier flush and faded to black, while the second faded to red. The resin was vastly improved over the ACDC mom. I expect similar traits to be passed to the Kwazulu.

Damn! I wish I had popped a purple Kwazulu now. Crossing with that Flo papa would have made a seriously ornamental variety. But heck, if you find a purple male in this cross it might be a good BX candidate.

GrandpaMillenial

It would be great to see someone grow them out. The Flo papa was very dominant in the ACDC cross. Both runs were very colorful. First round had an earlier flush and faded to black, while the second faded to red. The resin was vastly improved over the ACDC mom. I expect similar traits to be passed to the Kwazulu.

Damn! I wish I had popped a purple Kwazulu now. Crossing with that Flo papa would have made a seriously ornamental variety. But heck, if you find a purple male in this cross it might be a good BX candidate.

Exactly, I figured that would be a great start to a good looking plant, i suspect these kwazulu are a higher thcv strain also. I’m probably gonna gonna get em properly tested. I think Flo makes a better looking plant than blueberry. Adter checking out miraculous meds, Im thinking about getting some F13’s and Flo and just pheno hunt. But I already have so many beans to grow.

as far as the acdc, i haven’t tried any cbd or cbg yet, Im seeing cbg in some strains I like so that might be something to start looking into.

TyroneShoelace

Exactly, I figured that would be a great start to a good looking plant, i suspect these kwazulu are a higher thcv strain also. I’m probably gonna gonna get em properly tested. I think Flo makes a better looking plant than blueberry. Adter checking out miraculous meds, Im thinking about getting some F13’s and Flo and just pheno hunt. But I already have so many beans to grow.

as far as the acdc, i haven’t tried any cbd or cbg yet, Im seeing cbg in some strains I like so that might be something to start looking into.
Solid plan looking through both the Flo and the F13. It might be hard to find the F13 these days, but there was a recent OWG release called Seven-of-Nine that may still be available. There are also some members here who have been preserving both.

Also, if you're looking for a Flo that has Zero blueberry influence (i.e. no Juicy Fruit Thai), see if you can find the Temple Flo. It's basically an OPTxAfghan and there are some heady sativa things happening in there.

I find that in the right ratio, CBD can really enhance THC's effects. It can lengthen the come-up and the overall duration of the high. It is also good to take the edge off if you've overindulged. I find CBG to be more potent in countering the negative effects of THC, though. It also brings energy and focus.

I am a firm believer that the best cannabis has a full spectrum of cannabinoids. I have been collecting isolates of CBD, CBG, CBN, CBC, CBDV, THCV, and a few blends that include more obscure cannabinoids like CBT and CBL. CBD and CBG seem to be ok on their own for certain medical conditions, but when you start mixing them in cocktails... the entourage effect is very real.

GrandpaMillenial

Solid plan looking through both the Flo and the F13. It might be hard to find the F13 these days, but there was a recent OWG release called Seven-of-Nine that may still be available. There are also some members here who have been preserving both.

Also, if you're looking for a Flo that has Zero blueberry influence (i.e. no Juicy Fruit Thai), see if you can find the Temple Flo. It's basically an OPTxAfghan and there are some heady sativa things happening in there.

I find that in the right ratio, CBD can really enhance THC's effects. It can lengthen the come-up and the overall duration of the high. It is also good to take the edge off if you've overindulged. I find CBG to be more potent in countering the negative effects of THC, though. It also brings energy and focus.

I am a firm believer that the best cannabis has a full spectrum of cannabinoids. I have been collecting isolates of CBD, CBG, CBN, CBC, CBDV, THCV, and a few blends that include more obscure cannabinoids like CBT and CBL. CBD and CBG seem to be ok on their own for certain medical conditions, but when you start mixing them in cocktails... the entourage effect is very real.

Wow, we are on the same page here. I was going to source the F13 from 7o9, I also see some “Sativa Medley”, Blue V2 looks promising,

Two Female Flo/TF mothers and a Thai-side FL/FK male
Type: Sativa Dominant Hybrid
Flowering Time: 57-70 Days
Yield: High

Fruity, Tropical, Earthy”

I actually picked up my 4+4 after the store told me they were out of temple flo. Miraculous meds has some good stuff on here and on his instagram.

I’ve heard some people call cbd the E-brake for the strong sativas lol. CBG sounds perfect though, helps with the negative effects of thc and brings energy and focus. Perfect.

Thats awesome you have all of those isolates, I feel that something with 15-20% THC, 1-2%THCV and 1% CBG would be the ultimate ADHD medication without bringing on paranoia or anxiety or exacerbate any potential underlying ptsd.

TyroneShoelace

Wow, we are on the same page here. I was going to source the F13 from 7o9, I also see some “Sativa Medley”, Blue V2 looks promising,

Two Female Flo/TF mothers and a Thai-side FL/FK male
Type: Sativa Dominant Hybrid
Flowering Time: 57-70 Days
Yield: High

Fruity, Tropical, Earthy”

I actually picked up my 4+4 after the store told me they were out of temple flo. Miraculous meds has some good stuff on here and on his instagram.

I’ve heard some people call cbd the E-brake for the strong sativas lol. CBG sounds perfect though, helps with the negative effects of thc and brings energy and focus. Perfect.

Thats awesome you have all of those isolates, I feel that something with 15-20% THC, 1-2%THCV and 1% CBG would be the ultimate ADHD medication without bringing on paranoia or anxiety or exacerbate any potential underlying ptsd.
That is the beauty of the blue family. There are so many unique members that can be created and recreated through different pathways. It pays dividends to have people like Josh who have the experience growing and breeding with the original F4 stock, and who has direct access to the man himself for advice.

Check out @ghighwillow on IG (and here) as well. They are currently doing some work with 7of9 and JD's F13 throwback.

That is an interesting analogy about the ebrake. It makes sense, but I would liken CBD more to an airbag in that it softens the impact of THC. And CBG seems to do the same in a more potent way. But take my experience with a grain of kif. I am extremely sensitive to THC and it really does not play well with my PTSD. My ultimate meds would be somewhere around 1%THC, 50%CBD, 10%CBDV, 5%CBG, and 1-3% of mixed minors. I am beginning to think that CBC is a vital part of that mix, though. It contributes a really relaxing effect. I think it is at least a partial contributor to the "warm hug" effect.

GrandpaMillenial

That is the beauty of the blue family. There are so many unique members that can be created and recreated through different pathways. It pays dividends to have people like Josh who have the experience growing and breeding with the original F4 stock, and who has direct access to the man himself for advice.

Check out @ghighwillow on IG (and here) as well. They are currently doing some work with 7of9 and JD's F13 throwback.

That is an interesting analogy about the ebrake. It makes sense, but I would liken CBD more to an airbag in that it softens the impact of THC. And CBG seems to do the same in a more potent way. But take my experience with a grain of kif. I am extremely sensitive to THC and it really does not play well with my PTSD. My ultimate meds would be somewhere around 1%THC, 50%CBD, 10%CBDV, 5%CBG, and 1-3% of mixed minors. I am beginning to think that CBC is a vital part of that mix, though. It contributes a really relaxing effect. I think it is at least a partial contributor to the "warm hug" effect.

I like having different buds for different effects at different times.

I’m definitely not looking for anxiety, paranoia, hiding behind the curtains isnt my idea of a good time. But neither is sitting around drooling. A little jar of some “night cap” is nice if your gonna smoke right before bed.

My biggest issue is the “weed hangover”, I don’t wanna be forgetful or slowed down the day after. I definitely have a lot of concentration issues with ADD, so the forgetfulness doesn’t help. I’ve never been diagnosed with PTSD, but After spending a year in the sandbox, certain types of stress can ruin an entire day for me.

That would he really interesting to try some cbc, cbd, and cbg in different ratios. Best I can do is try different strains and try to track back what was in it, and then try to use correlation to try and figure out my recipe for success.

TyroneShoelace

I like having different buds for different effects at different times.

I’m definitely not looking for anxiety, paranoia, hiding behind the curtains isnt my idea of a good time. But neither is sitting around drooling. A little jar of some “night cap” is nice if your gonna smoke right before bed.

My biggest issue is the “weed hangover”, I don’t wanna be forgetful or slowed down the day after. I definitely have a lot of concentration issues with ADD, so the forgetfulness doesn’t help. I’ve never been diagnosed with PTSD, but After spending a year in the sandbox, certain types of stress can ruin an entire day for me.

That would he really interesting to try some cbc, cbd, and cbg in different ratios. Best I can do is try different strains and try to track back what was in it, and then try to use correlation to try and figure out my recipe for success.
I'm with you. Variety is the spice of life. I do like some sleepy herb before bed, but otherwise am looking for effects that support the different aspects of my regular existence. That usually means clear-headed, focused effects that aren't debilitating.

I only get a weed hangover when I am using THC every day. After a few consecutive days the fog starts to set in and I get noticeably lazier, dumber, have worse motor skills, and poorer overall judgement. There can be benefits there for PTSD in the forgetfulness which can help distance the conscious and subconscious mind from the source of trauma, especially with therapy. Microdosing (non-canna) with some carefully planned macrodoses are also incredibly effective.

Check out hemp! You can mix it with your THC flowers to create all kinds of great ratios. It helps that the reputable vendors all include COA's that take away the guesswork. There are CBD-dom, CBG-dom, CBDV-dom, and many of the CBD-doms are starting to reveal other minors like CBC (i've seen up to 3.5% CBC).

TyroneShoelace

Dabbling a bit in the outdoors. This is Sour Tangie CBG #4. This is from the (apparently now defunct) breeder, Seeds of Satori. They also bred the Cali Kush.

The dirt was amended with some low quality compost and this tiny clone was planted far too early, and without any hardening off. A week later it got a compost tea. Then a top-dress of better quality compost. This is poor clay-rich dirt that has never been planted in, so I don't expect much this year.

From what I know about the genetics, there is an autoflowering parent. But I wonder if it got going even earlier due to the stress of hardening off and trying to survive. Either way she's doing some funny things. On the bright side, the resin is caked and it smells fantastic. Citrus, Skunk, and dank. Even if the flower isn't a great smoke, I'll be happy to do a bubble run or give it a squish.

St4 August 20.jpg

St4 August 20b.jpg

Latest posts

Latest posts