What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

turkey season opens Saturday!

armedoldhippy

Veteran
anyone here hunting them ol' birds this spring? i'm hoping to use this as an antidote to virally-induced cabin fever. sitting in the woods in the dark listening for the first birdsong of the morning , smoking a bowl to pass the time, ah. what a way to start a day out. looking forward to finding some nice morels as well...maybe this will be the year for me to bring home the bacon with my longbow. 13-0 turkeys vs me in that regard, lol.:biggrin:

buzzmobile

Veteran
anyone here hunting them ol' birds this spring? i'm hoping to use this as an antidote to virally-induced cabin fever.

Turkey hunting is a virus. Better wear a mask.

attachment.php

Attachments

• mask.jpg
    mask.jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 50

mr.brunch

Veteran
420giveaway
Sounds like you’ll be fine, hunt one out for me!
I’d love to stick a turkey on the barbecue about now

NEW ENGLAND

ICMag Donor
Veteran
anyone here hunting them ol' birds this spring? i'm hoping to use this as an antidote to virally-induced cabin fever. sitting in the woods in the dark listening for the first birdsong of the morning , smoking a bowl to pass the time, ah. what a way to start a day out. looking forward to finding some nice morels as well...maybe this will be the year for me to bring home the bacon with my longbow. 13-0 turkeys vs me in that regard, lol.:biggrin:

They moved it up , I thought it was set for November 3rd

:laughing:

armedoldhippy

Veteran
as always senor.........best in baggin’/w bow..........handmade arrows....?

yup. i buy straightest grained poplar boards i can find, cut into 1/2" dia square strips, & turn them down with dowel maker i reverse engineered from looking at Veritas tool catalogs.:) trying to get better at knapping stone points, have used feathers from birds i've shotgunned for fletching. dream is to build a bow, make a string & silencers, and kill a tom with all home-made gear.:woohoo:

armedoldhippy

Veteran
They moved it up , I thought it was set for November 3rd

:laughing:

no, that's when we try to pick a new president. not nearly as important to me as turkey hunting.:woohoo: politicians (and those imitating them) can all kiss my ass. a man has gotta have priorities. if saving those in govt was going to cost me time in the woods hunting, somebody better get busy digging graves...LOTS of them. :tiphat:

Chevy cHaze

Out Of Dankness Cometh Light
ICMag Donor
Veteran
On the shores of California's west coast it's turkey season all year long hahaha
CC

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
assholevania has 4 coasts, apparently...

Ignore him. He's just a little troll who goes in to threads just trying to start shit up. He probably saw the thread title and thought there would be more turkeys like him.

Meanwhile back at the ranch we have tons of turkeys. Our roving chicken flock is territorial and runs them off, but they still come around. I never took one but I thought about it. My experience with birds is that it's allot of work.