What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Trump thread part 2 (Or anything else we want to talk about that's ridiculous in politics today)

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
from "the hill"

Former President Trump was indicted on criminal charges in New York for his role in organizing hush money payments made to an adult film star during his 2016 campaign, according to a source familiar with the proceedings.

The history-making indictment marks the first time a president has been charged in a criminal matter and comes as several law enforcement entities are investigating Trump’s conduct in numerous probes.

‘QAnon Shaman’ released from prison, transferred to halfway house Texas judge strikes down ObamaCare’s free preventive services requirement
The indictment, which remains under seal follows an investigation by Manhattan District Attorney Alvin Bragg (D) that centered on a $130,000 payment fixer Michael Cohen made to adult film star Stormy Daniels shortly before the election.

Trump’s company labeled Cohen’s reimbursement of the payment as a legal expense and did not disclose them in campaign expense reports.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
It's the weakest case out of the rest.. Even if he is found guilty he will not get the same sentence as his fixer Cohen did. The top secret doc case and the coup should put his ass in jail but unlikely.

THE REAL TRUMP DRAMA IS JUST STARTING. Watch and see what he does.

Last edited:

igrowone

Veteran
Trump is playing it cool hand luke style, now
but when mr cool is in real criminal court, might be a different story
kind of hard to know just how he will handle it until he's inside
who's your daddy donnie?

HempKat

Just A Simple Old Dirt Farmer
Veteran
Well said.

Deplorable is being very kind. That would be a good campaign slogan to remind republicans what they might be voting for. That is if he's not in jail.
Unfortunately it would probably have roughly the same effect as when Hillary used the phrase, which was that the party as a whole was being described that way even though Clinton specifically said that "half" of Trump's supporters belonged in this basket of deplorables. Since she didn't define who the half was that left it up to everyone to wonder if they were included in that group. Then again Hillary was a widely despized figure amongst Trump's supporters so it's hard to say how much that effected people's reactions to the statement.

Also don't be quick to think that Trump being in jail will keep him from running or from being President if he wins. Only crimes against the public have the power to prevent someone from becoming President. The crimes Tump was indicted for today would be described as private and therefore would not automatically exclude someone from holding the office. It should have the effect of keeping someone from being elected based on the idea that nobody should want a convicted criminal holding the most powerful position in the land but considering how Trump's supporters think and their belief this is all just some underhanded political attack I doubt that would stop them from voting for him. Fortunately the number of supporters Trump has now is much lower then in 2016 or 2020. Many were killed off because of how Trump handled the Covid Crisis and many have wised up and realized Trump is not the great President he was thought to be. It still seems like their numbers are large enough because they're so vocal and the GOP keeps cowering to them but in reality they only represent about 1/3rd of the electorate maybe even less.

Another thing to keep in mind, at least as far as this charge goes it is doubtful Trump will do jail time if convicted. Especially given his age and that this would be considered his first offense even though we all know he's committed numerous crimes over the years. The most likely punishment is he would be sentenced to home detention and possibly even just probation. Unless of course he continues to be the moron he[s been so far and incites people to violence and threats of violence against the court.

HempKat

Veteran
Holy shit. Weisselberg changed lawyers too!
I found this news even more exciting then Trump's indictment given that him doing that very likely signals he is going to be more cooperative with ongoing investigations.. The last person to do this was Cassidy Hutchinson right before she gave up some of the most damning and credible evidence against Trump regarding Trump's efforts with Jan. 6th and other attempts to overturn the election. I haven't heard any reporting of why he's doing this but my guess is he expected more help from Trump to keep him out of jail in return for his decades of loyalty and finally realized he was never going to get it. I hope this becomes a very painful lesson to Trump that you don't throw the people most loyal to you under the bus the way he usually does.

HempKat

Veteran
I hope he gets a photo-op with the bracelets on.
As tempting as that sounds I'm hoping he doesn't because that and/or a perp walk would be just that, a photo op and most likely it will only happen if Trump wants it to happen so he can use it to further rile up his base. What I would love to see though is the police putting him into a police car and the police not be careful to protect his head but instead help him to hit it against the roof of the police vehicle. Just like Trump once encouraged the police to always do when they arrest someone, that would be poetic justice.

igrowone

Veteran
I see Pants & Co. denouncing the latest travesty against Trump
thought they were simply ball-less, but it's worse than that
I'm beginning to wonder if they would feed off of the corpses of their own mothers