What's new

True Oaxacan Highland Land Race Sativa and 'Sticky Retardo'

bodymind

Veteran
Here are various shots of my Mexican Coastal Sativa circa Puerto Vallarta, we call her Yelapa after the village in where her seeds were obtained, personally. Many phenos... clearly she has been hybridized.

these look just like my oaxacan leaning flo! which is my keeper of keepers in this last seed run.... pescador, you are right about the looks of those plants. here is mine:

picture.php

TheSg

hey, I'm starting a chimera strain called highland mexican * Blueberry. is it possibly an oaxacan hybrid?
I guess this would only be know by chimera...
these are amazing pics and amazing landrace genetics, howcome people aren't making these hard to find landrace's available to the public in non-hybrid form?
I just wish I could have some more unique landraces.

Last edited:

Feb2006er

For the record, the above strains were grown by me, The Oaxacan is genuine LandRace from 1978, baby [no BS] and the Sticky Retardo is a spontaneous Sativa that no doubt came from some really good commercial bagweed. The Sticky Retardo was named, by my homie and I, with the late great Desi Arnaz [Ricky Ricardo from I Love Lucy] in mind, what can I say, we were stoned at the time. This is great stuff from my family in the coffee growing region in the jungle highlands above the West Coast of Oaxaca just before getting to Huatulco. :D

Paz y mas...

That makes me remember the trail to the neice of Maria Sabina. Fun times and great weed.

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Edit: that's the guest and image we mention below.. small world!! ^^^ One Love!!!

Neat thread,, nice images :yes: :canabis:

This plant was from c.1977 highland Oaxacan (above so many feet,, there's a photo someplace) seeds. Jah bless the brother than liked us these,, others may be more fruitful :friends:

7253oaxa21.JPG

.. funkiest,, most mutated seedline we ever seen,, looked like some kind of heirloom Inca squash.. lol :D

,,sadly composted :no: cause we couldn't expect to reap from that ,, when other plants were growing healthy strong :canabis:

Mr. Alkaline

Your Changable Self is Constantly Becoming a Refle
ICMag Donor
Veteran
....howcome people aren't making these hard to find landrace's available to the public in non-hybrid form?....
Because it would kill the profit margin.
But, it's time to do away with this top to bottom format....let's flip it this year, and see where the seeds happen:)

puntacometa

For the record, the above strains were grown by me, The Oaxacan is genuine LandRace from 1978, baby [no BS] and the Sticky Retardo is a spontaneous Sativa that no doubt came from some really good commercial bagweed. The Sticky Retardo was named, by my homie and I, with the late great Desi Arnaz [Ricky Ricardo from I Love Lucy] in mind, what can I say, we were stoned at the time. This is great stuff from my family in the coffee growing region in the jungle highlands above the West Coast of Oaxaca just before getting to Huatulco. :D

Paz y mas...

:wave: I used to live down there...in Zipolite back in the early 70's, when dinosaurs roamed the earth. We used to pack into Tengolunda on burros with our scuba gear and dive for black coral. This was back when the electrical grid stopped in Pochutla/Pto. Angel. The bud we used get tasted like a cross between UK Cheese and Lemon Thai. Some of the best bud on earth, IMO.

:tiphat:

3rdEye

Alchemical Botanist
Veteran
Beautiful plants from all the growers. :) Hats off to keeping some of these genetics alive. muchos gracias

fabvariousk

Veteran
This plant was from c.1977 highland Oaxacan (above so many feet,, there's a photo someplace) seeds. Jah bless the brother than liked us these,, others may be more fruitful :friends:

7253oaxa21.JPG

You can see the ohawk coming thru by way of Grape Krush and Blue Satellite #1 in this GrapeSodaII plant.

If plants like this are male I find they can reduce sativa flowering times without taking a way from the head
:petting:

acespicoli

you dont see enough of this kinda thing enough from south of the border, I could go for a seeded oz right about now lol
never thought is think that, its just not around like it used to be and will prob get harder to source

they had a lime green red hair skunky strain down in AZ bout 20 years ago that was superb
the high was up and fun, very nice few seeds