true blueberry no germination out of 2 packs

spearzy

Are there any tails on the ones still in the PT? A couple have already popped and are up? That's telling you the seeds are viable, give them time. Practice on some shit seeds, if you need to side split them, but really, wait man, dont get ahead of yourself. Being patient is the hardest part of this hobby, it teaches me to find some everyday.

checked them today and its not looking great to be honest

theres a slight yellow tinge to the little taproots that have popped

the taproots appear to have stopped now as well
so ive put them to soak in water with a few drops of h202 in it

im not sure whats happened but hopefully they will do better soaking in this solution

spearzy.

NorcalBob

ICMag Supporter
ICMag Donor
You dont want them soaking, they will turn to mush..... after they have popped, no excesses water. Next time you germ if you see a tail starting, toss it in your medium, I hope they work out man.

spearzy

You dont want them soaking, they will turn to mush..... after they have popped, no excesses water. Next time you germ if you see a tail starting, toss it in your medium, I hope they work out man.

ill try them in the medium see if they come up

but i doubt it

ill have to see if i get a nice fem out of the 3 that have broke ground i guess if none of the others make it

spearzy

spearzy

Make seeds with those 3, then pick your pony~

u mean say if i hopefully get a mixture with fem and male out of the 3 pollinate the fem?

would that give me better odds on finding the blueberry muffin type pheno i am looking for?

i guess i could polenate a bluberryx grape fruit if i only get male trueblueberrys

ive never tried any of my own crosses before

id want do it by pollinating just 1 branch probbably

i think ive read enough to get the idea of how to do it

gently dip a paint brush in some male pollen

and lightly brush it on the bud or buds you want to pollinate

then put a paper bag around the bud with an elastic band holding all the pollen in so none can escape for a few days

turn all fans off while doing it obviously and remove all other plants you dont want pollinating while doing it

im not sure what week of flowering to do the pollination though and how long you can store male pollen or how to store it.

is this how you would do it norcalbob?

spearzy

NorcalBob

ICMag Supporter
ICMag Donor
week 4 is best, a week before or after wont hurt things terribly. The seeds need at least 4 weeks to ripen to tigerstripe. Just remove the plant your planning on hitting, dust it, leave it out for 2 days, no bag around the cola. After the 2 days, spray the buds/bud you dusted with water, water kills any leftover pollen. Then throw her back in the pile, and let nature run its course.

spearzy

week 4 is best, a week before or after wont hurt things terribly. The seeds need at least 4 weeks to ripen to tigerstripe. Just remove the plant your planning on hitting, dust it, leave it out for 2 days, no bag around the cola. After the 2 days, spray the buds/bud you dusted with water, water kills any leftover pollen. Then throw her back in the pile, and let nature run its course.
thanks norcal bob

id put the remaining trueblueberries into jiffy pellets soaked in a solution of h202

1 more has raised its head but there is deffinately germination problems with these seeds

i put 9 chimera blueberry x grapefruit to germinate as 1 had somehow been crushed when they arrived

and only 12 hours later 4 have allready popped taproots

so in 24 - 48 hours i reckon all of them will have popped and that is the usual case for me

for some reason the trueblueberry seeds ive had take longer to germinate giving more chances for problems to set in pathogens ect

i do think dj and seedboutique need to be made aware of this so they can rectify the problems and work out what is happening

obviously im happy with 4 seedlings because i could have ended up with none

im going to leave the remaining 6 to see how things go i think there was 1 or 2 more that didnt have that yellow tinge to the taproot

hopefully more will rise in time either way

spearzy

spearzy

how do u store pollen norcalbob and how long for?

spearzy

NorcalBob

ICMag Supporter
ICMag Donor
Rephrase then, It knocks it down and out, and inactivates it. You wont have to "tiptoe" around after you spray them. I seal pollen in a tuberware container, mostly in folds, then in foil. I use Silica Gel to keep out moisture, I've had pollen work after 8 months in the freezer.

spearzy

Rephrase then, It knocks it down and out, and inactivates it. You wont have to "tiptoe" around after you spray them. I seal pollen in a tuberware container, mostly in folds, then in foil. I use Silica Gel to keep out moisture, I've had pollen work after 8 months in the freezer.
thanks for that norcalbob

right i germinated 9 chimera seds

out of the 10 i got 2 were damaged somehow during post ect

however all the remaining 8 germinated perfectly

so compared to 3 packs of dj short trueblueberry

only 4 have sprung up and im certain the remaning 6 will not by now

there is deffinately problems with the dj short trueblueberry seeds

something does need to be done about it and obviously dj needs to be notified its not just the odd pack to be honest 4 seeds out of 3 packs is terrible

im sure youd all agree

chimera seeds bieng half the price and full germination tells me somethings seriously wrong here

im sorry to say it but i know dj is a good breeder i still feel its unnaceptable and needs adressing

i still hope dj comjes here and adresses it i cant just say my experience with his seeds has been great when id be lying after all

the truth is the truth wether its liked or not

thanks spearzy.

spearzy

got 4 healthy trueblueberry seedlings

3 are mutants and 1 looks completely normal so far and they had a purple tinge to the first true leaves

hope i find a keeper fem but the odds may not be great with only 4 that made it,

ill still come and update let yous know what happens, maybe post some pics

i do think in future i would get better germination results with these seeds with the new things ive learnt to aid germination

spearzy

habeeb

follow your heart
ICMag Donor
^ looking good man

keep us updated.. one of the strains I haven't flowered out yet, grew it in veg though.. as BB in it's own right is a very good strain, well for me anyways..

out of 4 momma's you should at least get 1 good plant..

have fun,

Canniwhatsis

High country cat herder
Wow,... this thread is still running,....

Well of my 2 girls, I've taken several clones, the first of which is ending week 7, got some nanners, and she's an N hungry bitch!

Stretch is absolutely amazing!!!!! this is the first strain that I've EVER seen quadruple in size once I kicked the lights!!!!!!! :eek:

Smell is awesome, like a bowl of fruit,... not the frostiest bud in my room, and to say it's not the best yielder in my room is an understatment,.... but if it's anything like the Vannilluna strain, it's worth it!

Lets hope in another month or so I'm smoking it and feeling the same way! :D

spearzy

^ looking good man

keep us updated.. one of the strains I haven't flowered out yet, grew it in veg though.. as BB in it's own right is a very good strain, well for me anyways..

out of 4 momma's you should at least get 1 good plant..

have fun,
ill put up some more pics as they grow and flower im planning to sex them get a clone or 2 off each of the fems then flower them as small as i can so going to try keep them in the small pots theyre in only realy wanting to see if i have the pheno im looking for so it will be a test to see what i get.

daveyboy

spearzy

Wow,... this thread is still running,....

Well of my 2 girls, I've taken several clones, the first of which is ending week 7, got some nanners, and she's an N hungry bitch!

Stretch is absolutely amazing!!!!! this is the first strain that I've EVER seen quadruple in size once I kicked the lights!!!!!!! :eek:

Smell is awesome, like a bowl of fruit,... not the frostiest bud in my room, and to say it's not the best yielder in my room is an understatment,.... but if it's anything like the Vannilluna strain, it's worth it!

Lets hope in another month or so I'm smoking it and feeling the same way! :D

does it smell like blueberries though?