What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

tripod LEDs?? sound cool but...

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
Well if you are ok with paying that price for what they saw is 30 W but could be way less real W, then sure. A 30W 3000K led spotlight would probably be better spectrum, more watts, and half the money. Just needs a screw or some steel wire/hook to hang it off something..

Cuddles

I think they come in highr wattage too. But what kinda of results an be expected? I´m sure it´ll still be better than growing by the window or using CFLs?

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
Could be same as cfls or a bit better, for leafy greens u don't really need lots of light so window could work too if good exposure. If you got the right conditions for stuff to grow by maybe it would be worth to add some dli with somthing like that, but to use that as main source for growing greens, seems wasteful. you would get much better price getting the premium stuff at the market.

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
I mean for that price per watt there are better options for sure. if you want to go that way. but maybe you don;t need to invest till you see how it goes by the window..

Latest posts

Latest posts