What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Trip to Russia, saw lots of weed

Levitationofme

9 years ago I was fortunate enough to be able to go on a trip thru Russia. I don't like long flights, then came the even longer train ride.

As we pulled farther away from Moscow, I was beat up and just zipping out. looking at countryside go by. I saw what looked like giant Marijuana plants going by, one after another.

Sure as shit on a stop, we took a walk around the station to stretch our legs. Its fucking everywhere. Growing underneath unmoved cars, along the fences. Really a weed.

When we stayed in the country for a few days, the garden was battling a massive invasion of weed.

In a strange place with much different traditions I wasn't going to mess with it.

The People of Russia, they are great. The Russian Beer was excellent. I did get a kick out of nearly every plant I saw....

Bud Green

I dig dirt
Veteran
I'm gonna take a somewhat educated guess and say that most of what you saw was probably landrace Cannabis ruderalis...

It is just a weed, and I don't think you would have even got high if you smoked it....

edit: a good friend of mine went there around '79, and he told me the black hash he smoked there was excellent. But that was a long time ago...

Goyakla

I have smoked Red Russian Many times...i belive the hash comes from Down South ..and imo its just AS good AS Black Afghan.. And its def., NOT ruderalis.. Been to Russia too on vacation..great time.

The hash does come from down South, close to the 'stans.

Spent most of 2013 and 2014 in Saint Petersburg. Smaller, but very competent indoor grow scene there. Better variety, but not volume, than most major US cities. Proximity to prime European seedbanks helps.

dddaver

Veteran
I was gonna say hemp, ruderalis very likely though. Same. Smoking hemp will just give you a headache too.