What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Trimming and probation

I am currently on probation for the silliest of shit (DWLS), and therefore unable to partake. Also subject to random urinalysis. I have a whole crop of Selene that I began trimming last night, and had a horrible thought...Can I absorb the THCA or other cannabinoids transdermally, enough so that it would cause me to fail a urinalysis?
I know I can wear latex gloves, and if absolutely necessary I will do so, but it's kinda like wearing a rubber to have sex. I'd rather not if I don't have to. Gloves screw with my tactile sensation enough that I end up trimming off nugs, or bits of them.
Anyone else in this position? :plant grow:

atk7

Don't risk it wear gloves , no sense running the risk of compounding your problems again.

EastCoast710

damn I was on probation.. for the same thing.. only got 3 months.. and no supervision.. all I had to do is pay the money.. and not get arrested for 3 months and that's it.. they didn't test me and wouldn't for that unless caught with some on you or a retarded lawyer..

good luck that sucks.

I got caught 3 times in as many months. (Told you it was silly ) I've been the victim of ID theft, and for several years maintained it was up to thme to prove it was me, not the other way around. As bad as it chaps my as to cave in to govt tyranny, pride and principle are getting me no where quick. Next time is a felony here. The revolution can't come soon enough, but until then I'll pay the fines and costs especially being engaged in my current endeavors. Thanx for the input guys, I'll play it safe.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yes, micro amount an be absorbed through skin. Use gloves or have someone else trim.

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I had a friend, new to growing/consumption, that was trimming up his plants & said he got blasted. He hadn't consumed anything for a few days previously so that's proof enough for me of transdermal absorption.

I highly doubt the friend got blasted from handling the buds s the THC had yet to be decarboxylized, however after reading the another reply here I find that THC can be absorbed transdermally.I'm off to buy gloves and a home test kit.
It is my understanding that these test kits do not detect the actual THC, rather the metabolites, but my appt. with fate is Mon, and if I test + I forsee a trip to the ER in my immediate future. (I'm a cardiac patient, and chest pains mon morning would give me some time)

Jonny Lan

I highly doubt the friend got blasted from handling the buds s the THC had yet to be decarboxylized, however after reading the another reply here I find that THC can be absorbed transdermally.I'm off to buy gloves and a home test kit.
It is my understanding that these test kits do not detect the actual THC, rather the metabolites, but my appt. with fate is Mon, and if I test + I forsee a trip to the ER in my immediate future. (I'm a cardiac patient, and chest pains mon morning would give me some time)
Stay safe buddy.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
don't know about transdermal absorption, but i have read that trimming can transfer THC into/onto your hair & fuck you up on the hair test.

Went to RiteAid yesterday and bought a test kit and latex gloves. Waited until the first urine in the morning and took the test. Apparently I dodged a bullet, test came out clean for THC. WHEW!!! I dont know whether or not trimming can cause enough transferrance to fail a test (Apparently not, I trimmed for 3 days without gloves) but I WILL keep a steady supply of them on hand.Thanx for all the input and concern guys!!

BTW, Selene is the stickiest,most trichome laden cultivar I have EVER handled

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
I hate using gloves ..they end up tearing or my hands sweat if tougher and I too loose the sensitivity...hope all goes well for ya .. never been on supervised probation ..only unsupervised once and all they wanted was my cash monthly ..didn't even do the stuff they asked like provide proof of residence and job..just sent money each month and ignored them..finally got a letter saying I was done...long ago ...yeehaw

Betterhaff

Veteran
I can’t believe enough would be absorbed to produce a positive result. Depending on the testing, standard urine dip strip has a threshold of 50 ng/ml and with GCMS the threshold is usually 15 ng/ml.

That paper that dank.frank posted said the levels found thru absorption were in the 4 ng/ml range although it didn’t say what the exposure was.

I hate gloves too but sometimes it’s better to take the cautious route…or hold off your trimming until after testing.

Latest posts

Latest posts