What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Trichome question ?

Deke

So I have a couple plants that are near or at the end. Most trichomes are cloudy but very few if any Amber/dark colored trichomes ? Do all plants eventually darken up, or are some just not predisposed to do that?
Also I have two other plants that are the same strain, planted at the same time. Both have cloudy trichomes, but one has a good amount of amber/ burnt orange colored "hairs" while the other doesn't have a single one both the exact same age? Thanks all.

troutman

Seed Whore
Plants of the same strain which are harvested earlier tend to have more THC. While plants
harvested later tend to have more CBD, Cannabinol,etc. So harvest some plants early and
some later if in doubt to find what you like best.

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
You may have heard the word "Phenotype" around here. You can have 5 seeds from one plant and have 5 different Phenotypes. Not likely, but possible. But it's very common to have 2 or even 3 Phenotypes in a strain (usually 2). So it sounds like you have 2. One early and one late. Chances are good that the overall shape of the plants are not the same either.

Like Troutman says, Harvest the early one.

Deke

You may have heard the word "Phenotype" around here. You can have 5 seeds from one plant and have 5 different Phenotypes. Not likely, but possible. But it's very common to have 2 or even 3 Phenotypes in a strain (usually 2). So it sounds like you have 2. One early and one late. Chances are good that the overall shape of the plants are not the same either.

Like Troutman says, Harvest the early one.

Thanks. I actually thought about that. But both those pairs of plants are damn near identical in size with in an inch , branching, etc. So that confused me. But I do have 2 WW plants that look nothing alike, so I see exactly what you are taking about .

And the thought of harvesting at diff times I like .i think I'll cut one this weekend and watch the one this week.