What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Treating Cancer with Concentrates Thread

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
80-90 percent is some strong medicine for certain!

Any patients going the cannabis only route without chemo?

Yes and has produced both some "miracles" and heartbreaks. Not the great end all panacea, as it works amazingly well sometimes, and not others.

We've actually had our best luck with patients that haven't first trashed their immune system with chemotherapy. The cannabis seems to put what is there back in balance, if it isn't too far gone.

Gray Wolf

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Have you ever used extra virgin olive oil as a carrier? I find coconut does mix well and will separate if cooled in a refrigerator then rewarmed to room temperature.

Yes, as well as most of the vegetable and nut oils. They all seem to do the job.

G.O. Joe

Veteran
It's an established scientific fact, whether it's true or not. The hemisuccinate ester is the usual suppository form of THC.

angelgoob

I read up it's Vitamin E in a certain format. Looked it up on where you can buy..can't find it.

What would I be looking for if I wanted to buy tocopherol hemisuccinate?

Mednugs

It's an established scientific fact, whether it's true or not. The hemisuccinate ester is the usual suppository form of THC.

How is something a known fact, weather its true or not. Sort of defeats the concept of being a fact. And how about many studies stating otherwise?

LostTribe

Premium user

So you have stated nothing but scientific trial without anything to back it up.

What is your own opinion on the use of suppositories regarding cannabis research??

The Tribe

Gray Wolf

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I considered using nut oil but worried about a nut allergy. I can see that feedback report... I put in the suppository and everything was on fire!

Hee, hee, hee, when we were making suppositories, one of my partners insisted on making some with HAO, which she alone tried, and reported back that it was a super hot ride.

Good point on the nut oils! Not for everyone.

Gray Wolf

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Butt dope research always uses esters, because THC was not absorbed in monkeys once and no one has ever contradicted that in a peer reviewed journal or the THC suppository patents. The Dr. appears to be oblivious to all that, so don't count on that emergency rectal CBD administration either.

Ummm, 200 mg of cannabis absolute in a coco butter suppository certainly demonstrated THC effects when I personally tested it and the cancer patients we've made them for report effects as well.

Hee, hee, hee, wait till I tell you where we all stuck them!

Mednugs

Patient swore she saw the Chupacabra, but we thick she might have been hallucinating. One that note we worked on improving the taste so it would be better as a sublingual.

G.O. Joe

Veteran
How is something a known fact, weather its true or not.

When it's published in a respected science journal, which heavyweights in the field then cite when making statements in their own work like THC itself totally lacks bioavailability from suppositories, accompanied by statements like these from U.S. Pat. 4,933,363:

Studies have shown that there was no absorption, consequently no bioavailability achieved via the rectal route using various suppository formulations.

Neither delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol nor its metabolite was detected in any of the blood samples, confirming the lack of bioavailability of delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol itself from a suppository dosage form.

Ummm, 200 mg of cannabis absolute in a coco butter suppository certainly demonstrated THC effects when I personally tested it and the cancer patients we've made them for report effects as well.

This then is a golden opportunity for the crew to get published in at least an open-access journal, to everlasting fame. Wouldn't young biochemistry student Joe be stoked to write the first science showing THC or metabolites in the blood of a posse of primates after - sorry, none before - a mass anal insertion of THC party?

LostTribe

Premium user
Ok enough anal probing activity going on in here to get us all banned, just kidding!

So go joe are you stating that you believe suppositories will get thc into the blood stream in humans or not?

Have you tried it yourself as gw had(not sure I would be that brave unless I was very ill)?

LostTribe

Premium user

Hee, hee, hee, wait till I tell you where we all stuck them!

So, where'd ya'll stuck em?

Gray Wolf

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Have you tried it yourself as gw had(not sure I would be that brave unless I was very ill)?

I couldn't in good faith give them to a patient without trying them myself, but haven't done followup trials, because I didn't much care for the insertion part.

I turned down the HAO suppository trials because of my suspicion that the cinnamon and myrrh might add entourage effects, significantly altering the experience.

I'm pleased to say, that was a good call, as the experimenter who did, reported quicker uptake, but seriously unpleasant side effects involving perceived heat.

I couldn't in good faith give them to a patient without trying them myself, but haven't done followup trials, because I didn't much care for the insertion part.

I turned down the HAO suppository trials because of my suspicion that the cinnamon and myrrh might add entourage effects, significantly altering the experience.

I'm pleased to say, that was a good call, as the experimenter who did, reported quicker uptake, but seriously unpleasant side effects involving perceived heat.

This is science in its finest moment. We know that cinnamon and myrrh cause a burning sensation when in the oral cavity, so we can hypothesize that a similar effect will occur in the rectal cavity. I better call in a test subject for this..... moments later... hypothesis confirmed!

Latest posts

Latest posts