What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Treating Cancer with Concentrates Thread

LostTribe

Premium user
I watched the hash church with dr bob and its great. everyone should check it out. He has a great story about his friend with aids. The Dude with the 60 gram dose of oil that went canna comatose for 3 days and woke up to find all of his aids related lesions falling off. He hadn't taken oil in 2 weeks on a trip and when he got back the lesions had returned. A lot of great interesting info in that video.

LostTribe

Premium user
At 1hr16 they start talking about hyper dosing. A gentleman with colorectal cancer began taking 1/8 of a cup of non activated oil for 42 days and all of it went away!

Dr. Bob is the shit! talked about people shitting out colon cancer and coughing up lung cancer!

LostTribe

Premium user
I just want to say that Dr. Robert Melamede blew me away with those stories this guy is so for real!

SkyHighLer

Got me a stone bad Mana
ICMag Donor
Veteran
You lose the waxes which are ostensibly inert inactive ingredients, plus monoterpenes, which all have their own medical properties, and as noted, contribute to the entourage effect.

You would get the same effect extracting with alcohol, because the loss of course occurs during alcohol removal.

The question then becomes one of perspective, changing the question to whether it removes enough to make the medication less effective, and we have routinely winterized since we've been making Holy Anointing Oil and Holy Shit, both which have their following and record of success, so it doesn't make it ineffective.

Except for the fan leaves, stems, and roots, we extract guts, feathers, and all that is left, all together.

That leaves open the question of just what the optimum levels are, and what would be best, which I leave to the professionals!

Interesting finding after a series of bummers (two days of trying to recalibrate my stock pot vac chamber with home brew PID controller and it seems to be just the thermocouple, substituted the Dork DSV and back to bliss, and then... the extremely low yield from what I thought was a reputable walk in dispensary's nuggs, and to top off the experience, this crazy ass ethanol goop, which at the end of purge drives my pump into some sort of overheat or something spewing fog throughout the house!)

So I have discovered for lack of a better word, "Flubber." It is the pristine separated fraction composed of a 100% ethanol dried flower top soak minus the components of a BHO soak.

It's really, really refined crap. :laughing:

I soaked in butane, poured off through a 2.5 micron filter to an evaporating dish, added room temp ethanol to the Mason jar for a second soak, and let it slowly drain off through another 2.5 micron filter paper to a second evaporating dish.

The BHO was vac purged at 115F down to the 20,000 micron level until it wasn't showing much reaction, less than an hour. Btw, it was poured off through filter paper screwed under the jar lid when the butane was reading 10F on the side of the jar, up from as I recall 20 degrees lower five minutes before at the beginning of the soak.

The ethanol extract was evaporated in a ceramic Corning Ware dish with a filtered, three inch computer fan causing it to ripple gently in the wash, while underneath bringing comforting warmth was a silicone heater controlled by a Variac. The boil off temp was maintained at ~70-75F, and at the very end before going in the vacuum chamber I raised it to ~95F because the dish wasn't going to get much heat conductance from the bottom of the vac pot. So, I vacuumed it in the dish, then scrapped to parchment paper, and then vacuumed it until it was dead at 115F, vacuumed all the way down, repeatedly. No odor of alcohol, I didn't know you could purge alcohol so completely and easily, anyway it passes my level of subjective scrutiny as regards residual solvent.

Two products from a deep wash of whole cannabis tops.

Two odd findings, other than it's surprising there was any THC left to extract, the half ounce had been stored in a zip bag in a Mason jar in my closet for over two years!

1) The BHO produced the usual mild choke mechanism, good stuff! :biggrin:

But not the black crap (actually held up to bright light can be seen just between thin amber color and 'the blackness,' a red, a might purdy red. Good ole red... dabbed he, she, it up and wtf, no choke response. Period. Flies in your face.

:moon:

2) The black "Flubber" is very psychoactive, it produces an immediate change in consciousness when dabbed, rather than try to express it even subjectively, may I suggest goths will love it.

Pictured:

The round jar has the black ethanol soak goop.

On parchment is the BHO first soak, and on anther parchment is a small chuck my solid glass Durbin Poison BHO.

Guild 99.9...% THC-A crystals

I'm dabbing at 710F because the black goop is, well goop, and hits better at a higher temp. And even though I fine filtered it, it leaves a wee bit of 'carbon' on the soldering iron tip, but really not too bad, I'm probably going dab it until it's gone, no cough or anything like that...

Wit' all this talk of cannabis shake your booty in patent leather pumps, maybe I should patent the process, one of the broad claims might be as a pre-procedural tranquilizer. Produces sustained calm with mild dissociation, vapable for those that need instant relief.

So for those who are looking for natural relief, there're seem to be some components in selective processing that are very much a part of the voodoo mix, and who do dare mess wit' it? In that, Rick Simpson is a rad genius. (Just use a better solvent than naphtha/Coleman fuel!)

Attachments

• P1020420.jpg
    P1020420.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 18
  • P1020419.jpg
    P1020419.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 23
  • P1020418.jpg
    P1020418.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 21
  • P1020416.jpg
    P1020416.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:

SkyHighLer

Got me a stone bad Mana
ICMag Donor
Veteran
^ The problem that occurs is how to clear the solvent from the material quickly and thoroughly with much more finesse than squeezing it in a press of some sort, or vacuuming it in a Buchner funnel type of device, or maybe even a combination of the two, a weighted plate on top of the material in a huge Coors Buchner. :biggrin:

Caution, you do this it's your ass. Fume hood or actual equivalent (not a garage with a fan,) or outside in the middle of your back forty if you were so blessed.

You simply acquire one of the most popular, simple, robust juicers ever produced, an old Acme 6001 or the new Waring Commercial replacement, or the nearly identical Omega 1000.

The motor is induction, and runs cool, just tape the switch in the on position, there's an interlock switch shown in the Acme manual, realize it's there and avoid tripping it, or bypass it. If you want to slow it down, or switch it on and off, plug it into a remote switch or Variac, and seal the switch or Variac off from solvent fumes in a clear plastic bag.

That said, you just run the dry herb through the machine like you would vegetables or fruit, they sell filter strips to line the stainless steel basket for cheap. And then spray liquid butane into the juicer opening, collecting the solvent/oil in a Pyrex evaporating dish or whatever, followed by a secondary solvent squirt, draining into a second dish. Instead of ethanol other secondary solvents could be used, that's been discussed previously as to toxicity versus purge difficulty.

I've presented the idea previously in more detail, with many options starting at post #143 here,

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?p=7639216&highlight=omega+6001#post7639216

Post apocalypse there won't be much butane or ethanol, hit it with the 'tane, hit it with the 'shine. Good times and meds too. :)

Last edited:

LostTribe

Premium user
I have what seems to me a very important question for individuals treating themselves.

Anyone have any research on non-activated vs. activated (i.e. decarboxylated) oil relating to killing cancerous cells?

I have been thinking that the heating of cannabinoids may affect them either for the good or bad with respect to the ability to fight cancerous cells.

Obviously the activated, decarbed oils would produce a body high and help with pain relief and nausea. Wondering if the effects on cells remains the same after decarboxylation??

Any info available on this??
LT

maryjaneismyfre

Veteran
Also wondering..if the effect is the same, is it not better to NOT decarb, so the patient could megadose without feeling all bunged-out? The high is counter-productive for mega dosed I reckon, it stops non-stoners from getting to the doses needed as they are scared of getting all F-ed up.

LostTribe

Premium user
Also wondering..if the effect is the same, is it not better to NOT decarb, so the patient could megadose without feeling all bunged-out? The high is counter-productive for mega dosed I reckon, it stops non-stoners from getting to the doses needed as they are scared of getting all F-ed up.

Dr Robert Melamede's friend with AIDS took a 60 gram dosage of activated, decarbed oil and went into a weed comatose for 4 days and was fine afterwards. His lesions started falling off!

Thats in the hash church video.

maryjaneismyfre

Veteran
For sure, I could go into a 4 day weed coma and come out kicking, with my tolerance it might take more than 60g ! But..for the average joe, I have some folk with cancer who are conservative folks who are scared to eat a drop of strong activated oil unless before bed and even then I've had a few patients give up on the meds very soon after as they could not handle the psychoactivity and they fell quickly to the disease. I had one patient, family of a conservative pharmacist who got the oil from me, donated, who accused me of trying to poison her! After getting properly stoned on her first tiny dose of very clean and well made oil, activated and winterised and 50/50 with coconut oil to make it viscous. The pharmacist gave me words and I gave them back as the oil was donated at my cost, and I go to great lengths to make a clean product and can extract countless plants to a very high purity with minimal equipment and just with experience and old-school technique, and the end of the day he should be the one to be making it for society in a laboratory, if I could so would I.. but that is the failing of modern medicine. In the old days, prior to the 30's it was their job. In those days it was part of your course work as well as glass-blowing etc. I have the old coursework manuals to prove it. A qualified pharmacist would have to do his finals on all the glassware he had blown over his career of study. We have lost all that knowledge, experience and culture..anyways..here I am..I have one old guy, bless his heart, such a genuine od chap..Lost his wife already after a long fight, he is a convert already onto the oil and medicinal mushrooms. His wife never took the mushrooms as her doc was scared of her low blood pressure, but the oil brought her back from the brink and made the tumor disappear from a tennis ball size to a pea size and she almost made it...until after 2 years after predicted to be dead, and in seemingly good health, the tumor just started growing back and less than 2 months later she was gone. Heart-breaking but a common story.

I really want to help her husband but he problem with these folk is just the smallest dose hits em real bad. I reckon to go non-activated, I'll try with the next batch, and not winterize it or anything, just leave it to stand for ages to turn to shatter, and then coconut oil it, and use no heat at..no vac purging equipment here in the bush! haha

The above story and others like it is why I am so adamant on here that folks must chemo-therapy themselves with reishi mushroom and friends. I know of folk that have beaten their cancer with just change of diet, positive thought, reishi and smoking and vaping as much good weed as they could get their hands on?! The mushrooms and diet were the catalyst there i'm pretty sure.

Scrappy-doo

This might be an odd question but has anyone tried combining concentrates with dmso? Been reading about dmso for something unrelated but just curious.

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
For sure, I could go into a 4 day weed coma and come out kicking, with my tolerance it might take more than 60g ! But..for the average joe, I have some folk with cancer who are conservative folks who are scared to eat a drop of strong activated oil unless before bed and even then I've had a few patients give up on the meds very soon after as they could not handle the psychoactivity and they fell quickly to the disease. I had one patient, family of a conservative pharmacist who got the oil from me, donated, who accused me of trying to poison her! After getting properly stoned on her first tiny dose of very clean and well made oil, activated and winterised and 50/50 with coconut oil to make it viscous. The pharmacist gave me words and I gave them back as the oil was donated at my cost, and I go to great lengths to make a clean product and can extract countless plants to a very high purity with minimal equipment and just with experience and old-school technique, and the end of the day he should be the one to be making it for society in a laboratory, if I could so would I.. but that is the failing of modern medicine. In the old days, prior to the 30's it was their job. In those days it was part of your course work as well as glass-blowing etc. I have the old coursework manuals to prove it. A qualified pharmacist would have to do his finals on all the glassware he had blown over his career of study. We have lost all that knowledge, experience and culture..anyways..here I am..I have one old guy, bless his heart, such a genuine od chap..Lost his wife already after a long fight, he is a convert already onto the oil and medicinal mushrooms. His wife never took the mushrooms as her doc was scared of her low blood pressure, but the oil brought her back from the brink and made the tumor disappear from a tennis ball size to a pea size and she almost made it...until after 2 years after predicted to be dead, and in seemingly good health, the tumor just started growing back and less than 2 months later she was gone. Heart-breaking but a common story.

I really want to help her husband but he problem with these folk is just the smallest dose hits em real bad. I reckon to go non-activated, I'll try with the next batch, and not winterize it or anything, just leave it to stand for ages to turn to shatter, and then coconut oil it, and use no heat at..no vac purging equipment here in the bush! haha

The above story and others like it is why I am so adamant on here that folks must chemo-therapy themselves with reishi mushroom and friends. I know of folk that have beaten their cancer with just change of diet, positive thought, reishi and smoking and vaping as much good weed as they could get their hands on?! The mushrooms and diet were the catalyst there i'm pretty sure.
Dr Melemede recommends dosing the patient with citicolene, at three X the oil dose, twenty minutes before hand, to reduce psychoactive effects. We've used that for a few years now, and it seems to help.

Increased levels of CBD also seem to mollify the THC psychoactive effects.

TnTLabs

This might be an odd question but has anyone tried combining concentrates with dmso? Been reading about dmso for something unrelated but just curious.

thats a good question...
DMSO can help compounds to pass through body tissue and cells...
its also been used as a alternative cancer treatment for a while

maryjaneismyfre, can you please explain how you would prepare a non activated oil?!
:thank you:

LostTribe

Premium user
thats a good question...
DMSO can help compounds to pass through body tissue and cells...
its also been used as a alternative cancer treatment for a while

maryjaneismyfre, can you please explain how you would prepare a non activated oil?!

Dont heat it up to 120 basically don't decarb it.

TnTLabs

Dont heat it up to 120 basically don't decarb it.

ok, then one can only tell if the compounds extracted into the oil with a test...
so you mean let it naturally get extracted into the oil, so for example let the material sit in the oil for 3 months, just as one would make a chili infused olive oil or something?

LostTribe

Premium user
ok, then one can only tell if the compounds extracted into the oil with a test...
so you mean let it naturally get extracted into the oil, so for example let the material sit in the oil for 3 months, just as one would make a chili infused olive oil or something?

Stop.

What kind of oil are you talking about to begin with? It depends on how old the bud and oil are and how much heat was used to purge any solvents used....

TnTLabs

im talking about coconut or olive oil.. no solvents..
just the fresh bud dried and left in the oil for say 3 months...
the oil should have extracted a great amount of compounds no?

maryjaneismyfre

Veteran
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"the oil should have extracted a great amount of compounds no? "[/FONT]

It should have extracted quite a bit, but you'd guess at a dose and the concentration would be low. I was thinking just a BHO done, off dry but fresh material, with no warm water/boil off and no heat purge (no vacuum here) and just let sit for long enough dust free, cool and out of light, to turn to shatter?

If you'd combine that with an oil, olive or coconut or whatever, you could get the concentration you desire to dose easily. 50/50 or whatever..

Thanks GW for your input, no access to meds like that here for me (actually now that I think I might have an avenue!), but thanks I'll note that for recommending to patients. Also to get real CBD oil here is a mission and cuts of real CBD genetics also mission, I'd have to ship em illegally in myself, they couldn't actually prosecute but that's another story..The locally available CBD oil is generally expensive and I doubt its authenticity. The THC oil I can vouch for as I can make it.. No way to get lab tests done here except by sending to a foreign lab. But also was thinking about more about this recently activated/non activated..G.W. maybe you can help me understand?

Now the activated, why is it activated, ie. decarbed. It isn't water soluble unlike the acid salt of an alkaloid, but when I smoke the stuff, it gets into my blood pretty efficiently and hits receptors around my nervous system, or does it hit my brain mainly..anyways, inspite of it not being so water soluble it gets around in an instant and I can feel the evidence of this..Is this because it is more polar being decarbed now and hence "activated" being able to zoom around my bloodstream more efficiently and get me high now? Or have I understood it wrong, that is just my layman understanding.. does the carboxyl group make it not fit the receptor that makes me high, would it then still trigger another cannabanoid receptor to assist in cancer..does it need to trigger the ones to get me high to assist in cancer? Hmmm

Because I have two issues with that first understanding, one hash eating, which has a long history in culture. That has been decarbed, does the pressing of the block before it reaches market, or something else like aging from time in transit or heat in storage etc. effectively decarb that so it is active to be eaten. As people reliably ate it and they got pretty bloody high, even tripped out haha but it has never in my thinking been "decarbed". Is it because if the large doses involved and/or lack of tolerance or is the stuff active anyways..Which leads me to my second issue, is that if the un"activated" or non-decarbed oil is less psycho-active, is that because of it being less polar and therefore harder to absorb into the gut and blood and get to the cannabanoid receptors...and therefore in my mind going to be as proportionately physiologically active also, for anti cancer etc.. as less stuff is able to get around the body to where it would help being less blood soluble. Is my reasoning here that less psycho-activity equates to less medical benefit correct or off the mark? If so either way I am barking up the wrong tree with non-activated oil and the patients must deal with getting high then..anyways thinking aloud, please GW if you could chime in again if around..