What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Treating Cancer with Concentrates Thread

LostTribe

Premium user
Ok back to the subject at hand.

Any Cancer Treatment patients in the house that are using concentrates? Methods? Outlook?

You are all in our thoughts, Jah Blessed.

LT

LostTribe

Premium user
Somebody was on here discussing his colon cancer treatments this week hope he keeps strong and fights through it!

LostTribe

Premium user
For the suppositories what are the recommended dosages? Are you guys infusing with coco oil or just straight concentrates?

LostTribe

Premium user
Ummm, 200 mg of cannabis absolute in a coco butter suppository certainly demonstrated THC effects when I personally tested it and the cancer patients we've made them for report effects as well.

Hee, hee, hee, wait till I tell you where we all stuck them!

So is the 200mg of absolute combined with coco oil what you would recommend for most cancer patients?

Mednugs

If you are using suppositories I whould recommend olive oil over coco. It blends evenly and doesn't separate. And I would be afraid to go over 1:1

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
So is the 200mg of absolute combined with coco oil what you would recommend for most cancer patients?

Coco butter. It is stiff enough to insert, where coconut oil is not.

We worked our cancer patients up to 300 mg doses. I only tested the 200 mg.

Gray Wolf

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
If you are using suppositories I whould recommend olive oil over coco. It blends evenly and doesn't separate. And I would be afraid to go over 1:1

Ummmm, how easy is it to insert? Maybe a little like shooting pool with a cotton rope for a cue?

It's an established scientific fact, whether it's true or not. The hemisuccinate ester is the usual suppository form of THC.

Does conversion to the ester make it more water soluble?

Would this same prodrug work orally or is it completely different mechanisms of absorption and metabolization?

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Currently have a friend with pancreatic cancer w/ metastasis into liver, 2nd round of chemo. Made some oil using ethanol/rice cooker and 20 cc syringe. He felt it was too 'druggy' (his term) not being a cannabis user. We experimented with dose, but he didn't like the sensation orally.

Then, I made suppositories from the remaining oil (size 1#). He's taking 3x a day, larger dose at night (00#). Reports less pain, a bit more energy, ability to eat after chemo.

Made another batch finely ground herb heated in coconut oil, then cooled before filling capsules. He seems to tolerate that better, again, 3x a day (size 1# gel capsule) and 00# at night. Cannot accurately measure g/ml and mg, but ratios for ground herb into oil 3:1.5, similar to a paste.

Any added suggestions would be welcome.

G.O. Joe

Veteran
Does conversion to the ester make it more water soluble?

Would this same prodrug work orally or is it completely different mechanisms of absorption and metabolization?

I assume it's easily hydrolyzed regardless - it can be injected as well - so measuring solubility could be a problem.

LostTribe

Premium user
what are recommendations for taking concentrates orally for cancer? The same as for the suppositories?

Gray Wolf

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Currently have a friend with pancreatic cancer w/ metastasis into liver, 2nd round of chemo. Made some oil using ethanol/rice cooker and 20 cc syringe. He felt it was too 'druggy' (his term) not being a cannabis user. We experimented with dose, but he didn't like the sensation orally.

Then, I made suppositories from the remaining oil (size 1#). He's taking 3x a day, larger dose at night (00#). Reports less pain, a bit more energy, ability to eat after chemo.

Made another batch finely ground herb heated in coconut oil, then cooled before filling capsules. He seems to tolerate that better, again, 3x a day (size 1# gel capsule) and 00# at night. Cannot accurately measure g/ml and mg, but ratios for ground herb into oil 3:1.5, similar to a paste.

Any added suggestions would be welcome.

We bought disposable suppository molds off the internet, and mixed warm coco butter and the dosage, blended them well, and poured them in the molds, before sticking them in the freezer to set.

When they cool down, they are solid enough at room temperature to insert, after the disposable mold is torn away. Coco butter way stiffer than coconut oil.

Here is a mold link as an example, but if you google suppository molds you will be offered a panoply of choices.

http://www.cureyourowncancer.org/suppository-molds.html

Gray Wolf

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
what are recommendations for taking concentrates orally for cancer? The same as for the suppositories?

We've used the same dosages and gone through the same issues with building tolerance before administering 330 mg dosages three times a day.

We've used the same dosages and gone through the same issues with building tolerance before administering 330 mg dosages three times a day.

I would have to agree. Three doses per day. Building up a tolerance can be difficult, but well worth the effort.

The most difficult thing in treating a couple of my patients was building up a tolerance. It took three months before we could start increasing the doses, but it went more smoothly from that point.

I wood

Dosing three times a day was problematic for one patient I'm currently working with.
Lack of tolerance was making it too hard for her to function/ up the dose.
Switching to four times a day helped her deal better and she got up to her target dose per day within a couple of weeks of switching to 4 daily doses.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thank you, Gray Wolf!!

Friend (like my little brother, 4 decades of friendship) is tolerating lower dose orally (packing less in smaller capsule).

Plus, he uses olive oil to lubricate capsule before inserting rectally. We may explore suppository molds, however he says upon evacuation of capsule, it's absorbed.

Had capsules on hand.

Appreciate your invaluable input.

LostTribe

Premium user

Hey GW!

So you are recommending 1 gram orally per day? 90 days or longer? And what kind of oil? BHO? percentage thc?

Gray Wolf

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey GW!

So you are recommending 1 gram orally per day? 90 days or longer? And what kind of oil? BHO? percentage thc?

We started with Rick's 1 gram orally per day standard, using a winterized absolute, and haven't seen reason to change it.

What Dr Robert Melamede says, is that we are simply flooding our indo-cannabinoid systems with phyto-cannabinoids that mimic their function.

More a matter of returning the indo-cannabinoid system to its normal balance and function, so that it cures the problem, just like it normally would.

He says THC is the main actor in restoring apoptosis, and CBD in pain and seizure control, so recreational strains are effective.

The biggest stumbling block is getting the average patient up to 1 gram a day dosage without discombobulation, and CBD also helps ameliorate THC's psychoactive effects, so we typically start patients out with a Cannatonic or Maui Bubblegift 50/50% strain, and wean them to higher THC strains.

A winterized recreational strain, in Absolute state, has no wax or monoterpenes left, so THC is typically in the 90 percentile range.

Dr Melamede also turned us on to administering 3X the oil dose in Citicolene, 20 minutes before dosing, to help mollify the psychoactive effects of the THC.

Last edited:

LostTribe

Premium user
Didn't even think about different strain involvement. Thats what I was thinking rick's 1 gram per day....

Remind me which method do you use to extract the oil for medicinal usage? Everclear or are you using BHO and winterizing it after purge?

Latest posts

Latest posts