What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Transplanting during flowering.

G

Transplanting during Flowering.
Is this taboo or can it be done with little or no affects?

how far into flowering are you? Is the plant rootbound? I have transplanted before in flowering but it has been in the first week. i prefer to root the plants into flowreing pots first also the roots tend to stop growing as much in flowering.

deZerTomB

transplant

transplant

most peeps say do it 1 week before flowering, but I have done it the same day in a pinch. plants adapt.

I just read yesterday that root bound plants will not stretch much during flowering, so if you transplant right before flowering you should get more stretch

;)

G

I am not actually into flowering yet but my clones are getting tall and they havn't fully rooted thier current pot. I wanted to get them into the closet before they got any taller, in order to keep them from stretching to much.

I only grow for me and I don't really have enough light for veg, MH 175.

you could transplant into a flowering size pot than take a clone from each top to get the plants shorter before you flower. I also found if the plant has been just transplanted it stretches more than normal in flowering. What size pots are the plants in?

G

They are currently in 1 gallon pots, and all are currently 12" tall. Some of them are showing roots from the bottom holes in the pots but others are not.

It really is a timing issue, I don't keep a mother, I have just been taking clones from clones. The more I talk about it the more I realize just how much I need to upgrade my lighting and start keeping mothers. Just a little paranoid to take that step.

Hey thanks guys for help.

i would get them im possibly a three gallon pot before you go into flowering. I have found mother plants dont need that much light they just take more space so maybe get another 175 mh for mothers probably 2 or 3 smaller for that size light. It would only be to your benifit for a mother room or a bigger veg room. i wouldnt worry much about adding more lights as it doesnt seem like you are running a big op. i ran 1200 in a 1 bedroom apt for a while and in my new house i am running 3000. with plans for 1200 more within the month.

G

Na not running a big op just love good weed and growing it is cheaper than buying it anyday. What I want to do is upgrade my 400 watt mh/hps with a new 600 watt hps and then use the 400 watt for veg and the mh 175 for mothers.

That would sound like it would work well you can even put the mothers in the same room as veg. look on ebay as md hydro has 600 for 182 plus shipping. well worth the money

G

good question

good question

what is the effect of a transplant, does not the patient grow stronger if given proper care and benefit from recovery,
yere talkin flowerin tho mate

Sinfuldreams

Basement Garden Gnome
Veteran
I just transplanted

I just transplanted

two small clones 21 days into flower.

One was so wet the roots ripped almost in two. I crammed it down and burried it.
Still looks good.
I suspect that these will be slowed down, perhaps stunted. But in this case no matter.

:wave:
Sin