What's new

Transplant Time

GoneGoose

Is there a certain time during day or night light cycle that transplanting should be done? I have photoperiod seedlings in 12 oz cups that will be transplanted to one gallon containers. I will be using the super soil plus black gold organic. Should I put any super soil in one gallon containers or wait till I re-pot to the 5 gallon fabric pots? Any advice on this welcomed.

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
Thanks for posting a good question. Use the one gallons first and when the plants fill up the gallons containers up-pott into the larger one. The reason for not going into the large containers first, is because the water volume will be too much for a plant coming out of 12 oz cups. Transplanting sysquence is Cups then one-gallon then 3 or five gallon containers for flowering. Good luck friend.

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
I always do my transplanting in the mornings right after the lights come on. When you use good organic soil you only need to add quality water. That being said, every time you add water you release the amendments. So if you have a lot of soil and water you will release a lot of nutrients. Keep the pots small to better manage your watering until the plants get big. .

GoneGoose

I always do my transplanting in the mornings right after the lights come on. When you use good organic soil you only need to add quality water. That being said, every time you add water you release the amendments. So if you have a lot of soil and water you will release a lot of nutrients. Keep the pots small to better manage your watering until the plants get big. .
Thanks Creeper, Your sensible and practical advice and obvious expertise is much appreciated, Goose

Latest posts

Latest posts