What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Transplant Light Deprivation?

HazelWaisel

Is light deprivation immediately following a transplant recommended to avoid transplant shock and if so, for how long? We're growing autoflowers and would like some expert opinions on the subject. I've read anywhere from 8 - 12 - 24 hours. What is the risk if they are light deprived for 48 hours? I'm having a disagreement with my partners and if I'm wrong I'm wrong, but I don't see how it could be healthy for 6 day old seedlings to be light deprived 48 hours, but that is what they are being forced to do. Thanks much..

HazelWaisel

Autos go in their final pots from the beginning. There is a thread on here wrt that.

Yes, I realize that, but I was voted out 2 to 1 on that one as well. Now, I'm just looking for advice on whether or not it's a good idea to light dep after transplant, and how long is too long before they need sunlight.