TOTALLY RANDOM POST II

tobedetermined

ICMag Supporter
File this under: I am glad that I don’t fly anymore.

In May, 2700 flights or 490K passengers were held on the tarmac or had staggered deplaning on arrival in Toronto because of severe staffing issues throughout the airport.
In May 2019, 4 flights were delayed on arrival . . .

Petrochemical

Some folks in New England better hope the s*** don't hit the fan in this country
Locally where I live you've got $70 one way tickets from New York City to our small area on an Amtrak train and anyone that's from the borough's can tell you you walk around with your head in the f****** bubble especially in near the Subways you're just asking for it. The lack of situational awareness the fact that they think they can like be bop around with your plugs and completely oblivious and devoid of any kind of awareness of what's going on around them assuming that every human being that's out has their own thing that they're out doing and not up to nefarious s*** wanting to Rob every penny that they have. Freaks me out and scares me that folks just don't or have any clue of what the real world is like

Last edited:

moose eater

My youngest son had apparently left the self-adjusting cap on the base of the shaft of the weed trimmer unclipped to the retainers, so 2 days ago when I ran the thing out back, trying to keep the grass and weeds down near the south edge of the spud field, the cap and spool of line at some point... went sailing off into the wild blue yonder.

So, $33 later for the replacement parts kit, and another $19 for an additional spool of replacement line, and the weeds again can fear my name...

My wife made potato salad (I've wondered if that's not a passive-aggressive act, her knowing about carbohydrates, diabetes, and the Irish love of nearly all things potato), as well as another vegan Thai stir-fryy, which I almost immediately augmented with a side of uncured bacon made with maple sugar and sea salt.

Younger son was positive my tiller extension (that I couldn't find, and knew for a fact that I'd loaned it to him last year) was in the shed, Nope. Searched high and low. No tiller extension. Found it in the bow of the boat along with his 2 foot-pumps for the inflatable boat he took with him to his new abode a couple of weeks ago.

I continue to wonder, in somewhat bewildered thought, if I'm the member of the family with the somewhat impressive 50-year substance use history, and 50 years of smoking hash and ganja, HOW COME I"M OFTEN THE ONLY MEMBER OF THE FAMILY THAT CAN REMEMBER WHERE HE PUT SHIT????!!

Just asking.. Now that I've got that out of my system, I'm back to vegan Thai din-din.

Last edited:

buzzmobile

Thai din-din.
1656159153314.png

moose eater

About a month's worth of THC-A capsules loaded up. Perhaps about 3 more months or so worth of extract to load yet. Let it sit for a few days in a covered pan. Just not focused or motivated, but it needs to be done.

Area's loaded with smoke from forest fires. Dry lightning set off more than a few of them. Down near the community of Anderson they were staged earlier to evac, having gone from ready, to set, to go in their 3-tier (or more?) crisis schematic.

I'll hook up to the boat tomorrow, hook up my transom saver, do a light check, then head into town with it on Tuesday to see if I have enough room for a kicker mount on the port side of the stern/transom.

Having more dialogue with my oder son, and things have all but folded in a serious way with my once-true younger son.

The Alaska Dept of Fish & Game reversed their earlier emergency order re. king salmon and chum salmon for the Copper River Sub-District and tributaries of the Copper River. They'll now allow personal use fisherpersons (dip-netters) to keep their -1- king salmon, and sports anglers can keep 2. It's bass-ackwards re. the State's Consititution re. prioritizing resource users, but what's new?

The California Indica is more or less all trimmed, including final finish trim from the shorter strems they had dried on. I figure (without yet obtaining an actual weight on the scale) that I ended up with about 12 oz. of some of the best Super Lemon Haze I've grown from that mother. I have pretty close to a lb. of the Ghost Train Haze #1, and still thinking between 19 & 21 oz. for the California Indica. Close to a total of 3 lbs., all in all.

So there's old stock in the freezer going into extract and to persons who've expressed an interest and could use the help. I'm content to not be doing this for $ anymore. Really.

Time is short in all sorts of ways. Best get moving.

Last edited:

moose eater

Oncologist in Seattle had their lackey write back via the internal communications portal, to inform me that because I'm not on Androgen Therapy Drugs, I'm not a candidate for Provenge therapy, as they apparently see the approved uses as occurring WITH anti-androgen therapy, rather than sometimes being in place of it. Not sure they understood the intensity of my aversion to the other more conventional therapies, all of which are more apt to screw me up, rather than really help me in the long-term.

Possibly their convenient means by which to essentially 'stiff-arm' me, as they're affiliated in a number of ways with the Doc who fucked up and left me with nearly-lethal infections and a rather large hematoma last year, and I suspect that bit of history may be seasoning this particular stew a bit.

Options now are to continue using less-than-satisfactorily-effective home remedies, to include THC-A extract, bitter melon smoothies, moringa tea, chaga tea, and green tea (a natural anti-androgen therapy, believe it or not), Avmocol/Sulforaphane, Lycopene, etc., or to let them radiate the already damaged areas (if even still doable), give me anti-androgen tx., with all of its short-comings, or flip the Grim Reaper the bird, and taunt the bastage into giving it His/Her best..

Scored the 6-hp long-shaft kicker motor for the boat, as well as an auxiliary motor mounting bracket. They should be installed by Thursday afternoon. Then I need to install the trolling plate on the primary power, plumb a 3-gallon or 4-gallon tank for the 4-stroke kicker so it's ready to go in the event of mechanical failure, and clean out the two 6-gallon OMC & Mercury tanks, making sure I have the adaptors to run an OMC tank with a Mercury primary outboard, an OMC outboard with a Mercury tank, and the Suzuki fittings for the auxiliary motor's tank.

I think I've got a couple of better quality spare fuel compression bulbs in the extra parts boxes for the fuel line on the newer motor. Just need to dig them out.

Bone-headed Governor and Legislature have been defunding and decommissioning COVID-19 testing and vax sites, so to get prepared fo the Canada-Alaska Border and Canada Customs, I'll need to head into town to one of the -few- remaining sources for a current molecular test that's no more than 72 hours old when I arrive at the Border (preferably less than 24-hours old), probably have to go online and do another Arrive-Can application and document my vaccine status, etc., print off another firearms declaration form for the 12-gauge and maybe a compact .22 rifle, and get that filled out in advance, before arriving at the Border, so as to minimize the time spent there.

I seem to just keep going through the motions, getting a minimal amount of stuff done, coasting toward what ever finish line, and hoping I wake up with less electricity and stress in my gut one day, with sufficient appreciation to look at the Sun rays and say, "Hey!! Will ya' look at that!!", and mean it.

Last edited:

Ca++

Do you remember the video player. The video recorders poor cousin.
Remember when 14 day timer record was a satisfying feature, and 28 day was gold standard.
Our parents may of lived on a street with one TV at some point.
100 years ago was the first commercial radio broadcast.

Something new is never far away

Three Berries

Do you remember the video player. The video recorders poor cousin.
Remember when 14 day timer record was a satisfying feature, and 28 day was gold standard.
Our parents may of lived on a street with one TV at some point.
100 years ago was the first commercial radio broadcast.

Something new is never far away
No AC or color TV for me until the mid 80s. :peacock: