What's new

Tool for Pulling Vacuum on Pint & Quart Canning Jars

St. Phatty

I was at my neighbor's place admiring his crop.

He showed me a tool that he uses that pulls a vacuum on the standard Bally canning jars.

When it's done, the buds have a mostly air-free resting place.

He showed me some of his year old buds, very fvcking impressive.

I had never seen this. I know lots of folks who use the jars.

Anyway he said he'll let me borrow it so I'll just have a canning session with him and his pet pig. The pig is house-trained.

As far as where to get it, places that sell canning stuff ? There's the vacuum pump itself, and then there's an adapter that fits over the mouth of the jar.

Have any of you folks used one of these ?

I've heard people recommend storing in the jars, but I hadn't heard anybody recommend sucking most of the air out of the jar.

Slim Pickens

Veteran
Buy a Food Saver vacuum sealer.Then buy the vacuum attachment for jars.The attachment accessory is widely available.(usually the same place you bought your sealer)

I've not done it personally,but I understand it works great.

If you tire of using it for sealing bud,you can use it to freeze food of all types.Not to mention the cut up bodies of your enemies....(just kidding)...probably. :D

St. Phatty

One would not want the stench of rotting flesh escaping the jars dontcha know.

:D

I find that having 2 broody hens can help cover the smell of just about anything.

The surviving eggs are covered with the smell of the not-surviving eggs. AKA the rotten eggs.

I pick the remains of the rotten egg out of the straw etc. BUT the remaining eggs still have That Smell.

Might be a good cover for urban growers.

Is it better to have your neighbors upset about your smelly chickens than about your smelly grow ?

I suppose I could wash the remaining eggs. If it's only wet for a minute or 2, the baby chick won't drown will it ?

troutman

Seed Whore
Maybe, wax the lids after and pray the wax holds the death skunk aroma in. :laughing:

Like this:

Melt wax using water bath.

HINTS_TIPS1.jpg

Dip lid into melted wax.

HINTS_TIPS3.jpg

Lyfespan

thought this was gonna be for turning heads into diamonds?

see a lot of guys using the toaster ovens and ball jars

Drewsif

8 bucks on amazon for a jar adaptor. I dont use em though because I only grow natural Cannabis (requires oxidation of fatty acids to create the classic/lost pungencies) and will never be able to go longer than a week without seeing how much louder things are inside the jars.