What's new

Toodle's Mr Nice SSH x SSH crosses

Dr Watt

Who What
Yeh, making seeds at home highlights to me why the number of breeders are increasing year after year - it's easy. How many times does one see a 'breed' that is ((('89X x '90Y)X(Afghani))xAK47)XDiesel - or a breed that started with a just a couple of seeds found in some great bud crossed with the 'breeders' mainstay.

I'd think that optimally, to maximise plant vigor, a purebred breed like Skunk,BB,NL or whatever should really be a minor hybridization within the breed - eg early big x late strong - two lines are inbred for a while then crossed. This is really beyond the home grower but I doubt if many of 'them' do it either. I reckon Kush is just an Afghani crossed with something strong then backcrossed to the original Afghani then inbred a couple of times. That's the big way a breeder keeps his special plant - outcross then backcross to original - that's why often told "half will be indica and half taller and later". In theory, to keep a great plant you've found, I think, you inbreed until you find recessive individuals - which you cross with the original beauty.

Anyway, quality x quality seems to work well and is what most of the seed business is about I figure. Whilst I'm prepared to pay for quality - over $70us for 10 is getting out of hand imo especially if you don't know if the breeder did anythng apart from small population quality x quality :joint:

Securityfirst

Toodles,

You mentioned something about " bad taste " of green plants and how yours do not have that. Isn't there a product that you can dip the roots in for 12 hours after harvest that is supposed to remove the chlorophyll in the plant that leads to quicker drying time and a smoother smoke?

they look great man i shoulda came over to your lil house here at icmag sooner ib be around i hope you have good luck

what kinda bow/sight/arrow/rest/release you got goin on?

i shoot a hoyt mt sport @55lbs with easton carbon w/quick spin vanes muzzy arrow rest 6 pin sight and a back pressure release 36" stabalizor but i only shot outdoor 3d and indoor target idk anyone else that shoots a bow in my area and if u want good land to hunt on u gotta be rich around here

B

Bigtimer7

That should be nominated for the perfect post ^

made me wanna go hunting and smoke some SSH lol.... Great Job man!!

rep+++

warning sober rants ahead :rant:

im lower then you im in the mid rockies for now

damn man you desribed my dream which i hope i can make partly come true my girls grandpa owns a cabin on a lake in the mountains so close to the boarder you gotta cross then cross back to get to it so i hope that next summer me and my girl can move into it and work on it till i can put solar,wind and a well so we can live there year round i wonna be off grid so bad i can taste it my aim is 2 years then once we have kids it would be summer at the cabin till the kids gotta go back to school but i dont think were gunna hav kids for 5-10 years i think that there will be good huntin at the cabin and all the fish we can eat i just need a boat but maybe my girls dad will let me take his out to the lake for the summer

yeah your a old school shooter i respect that that takes alota skill for sure with your amount of exsperiance iv never shoot a recurve none of the shops carry them i own my hoyt bow couple big bear bows(oldschool compound) a win .300 wsm, rem 870 12 ga., rem 22 but the dear pop is low and all of the elk have moved from the mountains to the plains and the moos hav gone north or killed off the last moose i seen i was in northern bc and it ran down the mountain and ran beside my truck just a couple feet away he stayd there for a couple hundrad feet then he ran down into the trees below us we stoped and pulled out the spoting scope and relized we drove right between him and his cow/baby and the rest of the heard was still above the road we watched till everyone had crossed just in case sum car came around the curve and hit them but luckly we didnt see anyone else sad thing the engien in the truck blew up bout 1000 miles down the road

we dont have much wildlife cuz im close to the boarder of my state and pochers have been comin acrost the state line a 5 man crew got caught in the higher mountains with 4 bulls 6 cows and 3 babies they had 1 bull and 2 cows at there camp and the rest were field dressed and barried in the snow they tryd to claim they only took what the law alowd but the game warden hard been trakin them and had pics of them with every moose so there in jail another one that pops in my head is a group of 10 guys driving 2 trucks with box trailers got pulled over ended up gettin searched they had propain freezers with 8 young deer 100 young trout 75 geese 30 ducks 1 linxks and 5 mountain lion 25 old school bear traps they had no hunting or fishing licsens and were all from out of state but the cops in my county are all croocked so they paid off the cops and got $300 each tickets well that was untill it somehow got to the govener now all the cops are on leave without pay till everything is figured out but the all the guys involved should end up in jail damn pochers are tryin to kill of our wildlife but we'll get every one of them

damn man i needa get high so i shut up :nono: if im sober i rant about topics i beleave in :rant:

yeah i kinda know what your talkin about i spent 4 mounths in juneau alaska back in '00 and there was this breautiful lil stream that flowd down threw this medow and i was at the opening of the medow and heard the grunts and there was 2 cubs down at the other end of medow feightin and rollin around my heart went into my through i looked around for momma and turn walkd the straightest line out of there that i could i dont wonna get any closer id probly wet myself if mine happind like yours did my house had a beautiful view of the medow and the big glacier with a school right acrost the street then we spent 2 more mounths travling around alaska and bc

damn man just shoot me now thats just beautiful reminds me of were i usta go to 3d shoots

you got a nice set up there man lol ever thought of do a pic were you go hide see how good you blend in i think youd dissapear pretty good it took a couple min but i found the bear spray lol

iv looked at land up north for like $30,000 for 150 acers but id havta fly in and out and i beleave that would be expensive fast but im still looking around at land cuz i havnt seen her grandpas cabin and idk how much land its on but we would pretty much be renting the cabin

how fresh was that scat?

are you off grid? i will be there one day

Securityfirst

Thank you Toodles. I assure you there is such a product, but maybe it is for hydro only. You basically soak the root ball in this product and it takes all the chlorophyll and a lot of water out of the plant. A master grower once told me about it. Ask about it somewhere!

Later and have fun growing!

bounty29

Custom User Title
Veteran
Securityfirst said:
Thank you Toodles. I assure you there is such a product, but maybe it is for hydro only. You basically soak the root ball in this product and it takes all the chlorophyll and a lot of water out of the plant. A master grower once told me about it. Ask about it somewhere!

Later and have fun growing!

I'd love to see some more info on this if you could find it. :confused:

:respect: :bongsmi:

looks very nice i recently got sum of rez apollo 11 from a fiend i wonder how the 2 compain or how a cross would act

ok so ssh grows 3 times the hieght so if i start a clone at 5" itll finish at 15-20" thank you its goin in the book hopefully one day ill have ssh to play with i think she would be fantastic for my lil garden

Frid

Absolutely beautiful plants Toodles. That mixing of you own soil seems to be working well. Nothing like a healthy plant! That's what I look for in soil mixes. Good dark top soil and then mix some peat mix, seaweed, and worm castings. I always put small clean gravel in the bottom to help it drain. I have had good success using good soils. I am just drinking my java now, I will be back to read up on you soil mixing!

Peace!

barletta

Bandaid
Veteran
Well hot damn! an 8 weeker! Looks great holmes. My last f1 female is the most sat expressive ssh so far (only 2-3wks). She's lookin like the second row of pix on the top of the page. SEXY! They are the picture of health! Goin to the agway this week to get my dry ferts (haha 50 bux = 6months, measure every ~2mo on a new batch). I'm flippin my first f2's in ~ a week!

Lookin good holmes, I'm ramblin from my up uppity upup Aurora B... :)

dotblunt

Wow, I have to say those early pics of the fan leaves are easily the equal of any 'perfect' pot pictures I've ever seen. I'll be watching your threads my friend, learned a boatload already.

DB