What's new

Tony Bower (Mullaway) Busted?

OldSkoolKlein

Does Tony use a particular strain to make his medicine? Just tappin into the inner shit-stirrer that most aussies are here, I was thinking until tony gets up and going again, is there anyone out there that could help him out on the quiet and help his patients out?

Sorry if I let the cat out of the bag there for some (I really dunno if anyone is, just covering my toosh) but if they bust 1 decent person, well lets act like the mythical Hydra. Cut off 1 head, more take its place.

Sorry for banging on, but shit like what Tony is going through just shits me to tears.

G

Guest 26753

Oz Cannabis Grower/Tincture Maker: The Medicine Will Continue

By Steve Elliott ~alapoet~
Wednesday, March 28, 2012 at 12:20 am

MMCstillhere2-thumb-640x480.jpg

Tony Bower, above, with cannabis plants and materials from anonymous donors after a recent police raid seized his entire crop, which had been labelled for individual patients

One does not simply shut down an Australian medical cannabis farm. At least, not when Tony Bower's running it.

Just days after a police raid, Bower -- an Australian medical marijuana grower and tincture maker -- is undeterred and has assured his patients that their supply of medicinal cannabis tincture will be uninterrupted. According to Bower, the director of Mullaways Medical Cannabis Pty Ltd in New South Wales, anonymous donors have donated cannabis plants to keep the operation going.

"I would like to thank those people who have kindly donated plants and supplies to help the medicine to continue," Bower said on Wednesday. "People need the medicine. I don't want anyone to be worried or stressed. The medicine will continue to be there for them."

Bowers-pot-420x0-thumb-400x300.jpeg
Mullaways tincture -- which contains high levels of cannabidiol (CBD) and other cannabinoids, but very low levels of THC, the primary marijuana ingredient that gets you high, does not have a psychoactive effect on the seriously ill patients who use it.

"The medical cannabis tincture does not get people stoned," Bower explained. "It is non-psychotropic and is not open to misuse."

Bower said the police raid was unwarranted; Mullaways is a registered company under Commonwealth law. Bower was approved more than two years ago as a "fit and proper person" by the Commonwealth Therapeutic Goods Administration to hold a drug manufacturer's license.

MullawaysIMG_30791-thumb-350x469.jpg
"What the police have done is illegal and the warrant was obtained by deception," Bower said. "The police actions on the day would have made Laurel and Hardy proud.

"I expect to have everything to be returned and the charges to be dropped at the first court appearance on the 16th of April," Bower said. "I also expect the business to be fully compensated and my wife and I to be compensated for being illegally detained and assaulted. Our small dog was even kicked by one of the police."

Bower also plans to ask for compensation for the stress that has been placed on medical cannabis users of Mullaways tincture, and for a medical cannabis card is to be issued to all medical cannabis patients.

The tincture is a therapeutic medicine used for medicinal purposes by chronically ill and dying patients to relieve pain and suffering from cancer, HIV, multiple sclerosis, emphysema, glaucoma, arthritis and other serious illnesses. At all times the medical cannabis used to make the tincture has been grown for therapeutic use, according to Bower.

"If I have done something wrong or illegal the the police should go to my website for the facts, and then get a warrant the right way and we will do it again," Bowers said. "Cannabis is a health matter and comes under the commonwealth TGA. "

"I would like to tell the police and the government that if they think for one minute that I will walk away from the sick and suffering in our country then they should think again," Bowers added defiantly. "If they want a fight, then here I am -- leave the sick alone."

"Thou shall do no harm," Bowers said. "What has happened here has caused harm to people of Australia. Zero Tolerance on Pain and Suffering."

"As the police have revealed the location, I will be requiring the police to assist with security," Bower added.

Source: http://www.tokeofthetown.com/2012/03/oz_cannabis_growertincture_maker_the_medicine_will.php

OldSkoolKlein

Good to see there are quicker minds than mine... though on 2nd thoughts, it was rather silly of me (what a surprise! NOT) to think that there wasn't backup plans and/or people ready to help at a moments notice.

I shall have a nice big mug of STFU (Shut The Fuck Up) and go away now.

G

Guest 26753

Good to see there are quicker minds than mine... though on 2nd thoughts, it was rather silly of me (what a surprise! NOT) to think that there wasn't backup plans and/or people ready to help at a moments notice.

I shall have a nice big mug of STFU (Shut The Fuck Up) and go away now.

Don't stop speaking out...please. We need guys with passion like you. Yes, keep speaking out. Feedback helps give me direction with my activism.

OldSkoolKlein

I was only referring to me jumping the gun with people doing stuff that was more than likely planned or not in regards to helping Tony out.

I can get a little idealistic like a teenager with big ideas/dreams that amount to bugger all when the rubber hits the road, that is what the self-directed STFU was about.

As I mentioned in Dr. Jays forum around New years 2012, my passion is to be the quiet person going about his business and doing stuff like Tony does. Visiting people for a cuppa, slipping them some edibles, tinctures, whatever does it for them. Not for money, fame or other ego boosting shit, just for the simple reason that I was able to help. Simple. Just like Tony does. Educate people about medical marijuana with the scientific facts VS what big Pharma can do to people, and leave them with this thought as my punchline; if you think it's all crap, Prove I Lie.

That's one way to get through to the naysayers and pollies. They can bang on and blur the issues to suit their arguments (to keep them in office), but if they are cornered and MADE to answer the question, hit them with the Prove I lie line. Show us proof it DOESN'T work. Show us why Big Pharma is better. Then tell them you won't hold your breath waiting.

taslicker

wouldn't it be great if just one politician with a medical problem tried Tony's tinctures.

there is so much BS put out by politicans and big business people who have no idea what there talking about.

why do they think MJ has been used by poor village people all over the world for thousands of years?
they dont want to acknowledge the history of successful self medication by poor people.
its too much a threat to the monopoly of Big Pharma.
if you want to find corruption just look at the link between political donations by Pharmaceutical companies and the "War on Drugs".

W

wilbur

YES, rave on OldSchoolKlein! shows us where yr heart is!

(sorry if this ends up being a double post.)

slshemup

sad to hear about though,
the NSW cannabis eradication unit are known to be a bunch of arseholes with a gungho attitude at the best of times.as far as i know there are no laws in NSW allowing you to grow cannabis that has a thc content Werther its for medicinal purposes or not.in reality its a black area not a grey area.i am amazed he got away with it for so long.

G

Guest 26753

Video taken during Tony Bower's bust. Extraordinary footage taken by police.

[YOUTUBEIF]qn6X3XRsJ6I&feature=plcp[/YOUTUBEIF]

b00m

~No Guts~ ~No Glory~
Mentor
Veteran
Sorry Smoking Moose I can't seem to get the video to play at all :dunno:
Anyone else having problems or is it just me?? :chin:
:joint:

b00m

~No Guts~ ~No Glory~
Mentor
Veteran
That video is just typical of what we have to endure living on this island, makes me sad to see the bullshit Tony has to go through to do what he does best.
Thanks for posting the link Terroir :tiphat:

Bobbles

Wish him the best, fight it all the way. Stop taking plea deals and stand up for what you believe in. Good luck.

Nice looking plants by the way.

JWP

You know what i like about Tony? That he wont back down. What a champion!

It looks like he has one plant per patient. The reality is that each patient should have a plant per day. How many plants did he have? 300, imagine if the cops turned up and found 9000 plants. What a struggle, it must be tough getting enough medicine for everyone with 30 times less product than what is needed.

The truth is that one day ALL of the people involved in this bust will have to answer for their war crimes. I don't think God will accept "it was my job as a cop to take away these peoples medicine" as a valid reason.

Logic, reason & science will win in the end.

Imagine you are a cop or a judge & have a child with with a serious illness like the little girl in this video. You know this plant can help. What are you going to do?????????

[YOUTUBEIF]ARiotXCL10w[/YOUTUBEIF]

healthadvocate

You know what i like about Tony? That he wont back down. What a champion!

Imagine you are a cop or a judge & have a child with with a serious illness like the little girl in this video. You know this plant can help. What are you going to do?????????

and they're at it again :p good on Tony for keeping at it... at least there is some movement and talk and action to get cannabis legalised... there's no reason it shouldn't be!

here's a campaign to help Tony out: http://teespring.com/letcannabisbethymedicine

and I wonder if they feel they are doing a great job... or are just doing their job and have no choice... i'd like to hear what some of the police officers and judges have to say about their actions

Latest posts

Latest posts