What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Tom Hill Haze

johnnyla

Veteran
You know. 100 seed. 70 females x 5% = 3.5 plants. 6 months of your life. Do not underestimate the scenario. And hey, psst, Shanti, yours is the same don't kid yourself guys.
Would you suggest using a male or female to make a haze hybrid? How would you select for the male?

MountainBudz

⛽🦨 Kinebud and Heirloom Preservationist! 🦨 ⛽
Haze is another hyped "legend". Been there, done that. I rate the potency and quality of high "fair". I rate the marketing hype as "A+".

Sam the Skunkman told me he bred it out in Oakland years ago, this at the old Overgrow site via a PM. If memory serves me correct, was around the 80's, maybe the 70's that Sam and his neighbors made it. I grew out The Flying Dutchman's Original Haze and crossed it with a lot of stuff like Sag's Peak 19, Bros C99, etc. back in the day. Still have those seeds, never grew them out.

The real Sam the Skunkman Haze breeding finale was Acapulco Gold X Colombian Gold X (S. Indian X Thai). Sorry folks, the Jamaican inbread stuff is hype as are the other marketing stuff, not that it matters.

Old pHarts History 101 class, dismissed,
Uncle Ben

O. Haze colas outdoors, Nov. 2012. Texas.

View attachment 18849297

Once you get ahold of a killer haze you'll never forget it... Sounds like you have been quite unlucky and still have yet to cross "the one". I've had some that will literally rip your head to shreds and only very few people can handle the intensity of the high... It's been a long time, but its certainly out there. Certainly...

windmills

But yeah you were wrong. I only made like 10k seed. I'll keep a couple thousand and a good grip of the rest are gone. Messing around with cannabis negatively at your whims ha stoked I ain't gotta deal with that.
Did the pm to show i was serious
Did a follow up ..

got payment ready

It be his next move
Should those that inquired with a PM just sit tight if you have not responded yet? I know some have gotten a Thumbs-up, but no follow up. Some like me have not gotten any response, not even a Thumbs-up. Just looking for instructions on what to expect, or what to do next. Thanks very much, would really love to be part of the A Team !!

Reactions: Rgd

Nexus7

Once you get ahold of a killer haze you'll never forget it... Sounds like you have been quite unlucky and still have yet to cross "the one". I've had some that will literally rip your head to shreds and only very few people can handle the intensity of the high... It's been a long time, but its certainly out there. Certainly...

How many did you have to look through before you found "the one"?

And whose Haze did you find it in?

JustGrowing420

df13 haze @MAHA KALA
floral/spicy/musky, next week chop at around 10-11 weeks
full

full

Old Uncle Ben

"Killer", it's all relative. You can say that about most anything. We used to get mexican brick weed in the 60's that would literally put you on a 30 minute acid type trip, very psychedelic. Those special lids (ounce) we called "acid weed". Living in S. Texas we were first in line with sativa pot brought straight across the border. Fresh and no cutting as it moves north. There were none of the border stations then, only at the border itself. Used to harvest 100's of peyote buttons near Rio Grande City with my surfing buds. Peyote, now THAT is tripping, including out of body astral projection experiences.

I hope that these bad boyz live up to the hype. Got them from Mandala last winter.

Mandala Seeds Jan 21#2.jpg

Been growing sativas most of my life - Zamal gifted by Gypsy, O. Haze, and Dalat Vietnam gifted decades ago from a Vietnam copter pilot who went back to the valley and sourced them. Then there was Mexican brick weed, "which can be some of the best pot you can grow" according to Mel Frank.

I've saved many forum and private posts/mail from years ago. Here's one I wrote to an OG/CW friend about growing sativas:

As an aside, Sam the Skunkman (from Cali) gave TFD the famous and patented strains such as Skunk #1 and Haze. After talking to one of their breeders, I have a lot of faith in TFD. I grew 4 seedlings of the Haze, and everyone of them looked like a clone up to sexing - couldn't believe the stability. It contains the original strains - Col. Gold X Acapulco Gold X (S. Indian X Thai). I am convinced that it is indeed the original. Yes, Haze was bred by the Haze brothers in the San Francisco bay area (Oakland) in the early 70's, as Mel Frank reports. You'll get 11 seeds in the original TFD Original Haze seed packet FWIW. Neville's haze contains a tad of NL and according to reports from friends, it is an excellent choice too.

Now, if you are really interested in doing this thing, and need some coaching, either on indoor or outdoor culture, email me, I'll be glad to help. The Jungle is NOT the place to be discussing this stuff. I need to know some particulars relative to your situation/location and then we can go from there in a discrete manner.

We smoked some of the Haze last night for the first time - I took 3 hits from a medium size joint, whoa. The smoke is smooth, not lung expanding like most indica strains (I did not flush before harvest). The high is a creeper type with the real ooomph not hitting you until about 15 minutes after your last draw. It's a fun, intense high much like the trippy stuff we smoked back in the late 60's and early 70's which we called "acid grass". Pretty weird stuff hehe.

Later,
Ben

*off topic deleted by Mod*

Uncle Ben

Last edited by a moderator:

Dime

Would you suggest using a male or female to make a haze hybrid? How would you select for the male?
Make sure the males are stable,vigorous,hardy ,smoke it for potency, and if you can keep the male in veg to have clones that's a big bonus.

Old Uncle Ben

Either or based on the parent's profile, traits you like. IOW if you have a seedling that shows say.....10" internodes, why bother?

Potency is iffy as there is no guarantee that the progeny will have that trait, it's all speculation, a crap shoot. And if it isn't knock your socks off potent just take another hit or two to get where you want to go. Potency has and is now a marketing tool.

Here's an indoor grown male O. Haze I used as a pollinator back in 2001.

Hazemale2_2C.jpg

Crazy but I did a lot of crosses with Haze back in the day with really good stock including the original C99 from Heaven's Stairway, Sag;s Peak 19 and others. One of these days I'll grow some of them.

Crossed this male Haze with a nice C99 lady.

Plant#1.jpg

Speaking of Tom Hill - just harvested some of his Deep Chunk F2's aka Monkey Balls. It's still curing in my wine cellar. Pure indica it was.

UB

Last edited: