What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Tom Hill Haze

JohnnyChicago

Its a pitty there isnt a thread more so based around this subject so futher discussion can be had.....I dont really like taking the thread off track....so apologies to all...

No need to apologize! It's me who has to, for not wanting to undestand what you guys were saying to me about HzB x HzC. You cannot imagine how that feels to know what that Coffeeshop OH from 1992 was, after searching for 27 years. Means HzB is the element I have not been understanding all the time in the Haze.....
And now I know finally why.

Like a long journey that comes to an end.
I am really thankful to you guys......

Now I can finally concentrate on other things, after 27 years of searching what that 1992 OH was. :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The genotype of most genetics being sold today hasn't changed in a long time. They all look very similar. More emphasis on Chemotype needs to happen to bring back the quality we use to enjoy. All we grew/smoked back then were longer flowering plants. Sure on occasion, some AFGH would come in but not a lot. The high quality imports were from longer flowering plants. It's obvious to me some of the cannabinoids that use to be present are not there anymore. Haze is a good place to start looking for them again. Doing something well takes a long time.

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
yep i think in times gone by the longer flowering sativa types were for smoking the plant/flowers ,
indica types were for making hashish ,
then folks who didnt live in places that could finish the long flowering ladies used the indica to shorten flowering so they could ,
personally i think it came at a cost ...

Nexus7

No need to apologize! It's me who has to, for not wanting to undestand what you guys were saying to me about HzB x HzC. You cannot imagine how that feels to know what that Coffeeshop OH from 1992 was, after searching for 27 years. Means HzB is the element I have not been understanding all the time in the Haze.....
And now I know finally why.

Like a long journey that comes to an end.
I am really thankful to you guys......

Now I can finally concentrate on other things, after 27 years of searching what that 1992 OH was. :ROFLMAO:

So just wondering in hindsight what traits do you think Haze B brings to the party?

I think I remember dj9 been quoted as saying Haze B was one of his favorites ...

Something about being like an heirloom cali/humbolt strain iirc 🤔

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
THH X (A5hbx x Mac)
DSCN4501.JPG

willydread

Dread & Alive
Veteran
hahaha okay, I just clicked on it and I thought you want to tell something about toms haze, how do you like it... or not. or that it is skunkhaze, so we can debate wildly hahaha
It's all OK...
Sometimes communicating online is not as easy as being face to face, it's a snap to misunderstand words and ways ....

I really like Tom Hill Haze, MadMac shared some seeds with me, the plants I got (grown in the worst way) gave me great weed, tasty and potent.
I could call it an "easy" haze (as easy as a haze can be), she has forgiven me many mistakes ...
About skunk, I have heard many rumors and opinions about this, as well as someone said it could have ended up in the mix too deep chunk, I have no idea, only Tom could say it, to me personally it reminded me a bit of Thai, but of course it is a personal opinion , nothing for sure ....

IndicaFarmer

the difficulty with using haze x indica which arent f1 is the undesirable indica traits are usally over dominated in the f1 . but once the f2 independent leaves you with 2 types of undesirable parents- first group has all intermediate traits a result of the independent sorting and gene exchange from the indica. muddled up and unless theres a miracle recombination going forward your stuck in the mud.

the second type is the trojan horse cbd synthase. now that we know the cbd synthases in sativa have become non functional there will be no cbd synthase present in the line in perpetutity- unless you introduce a functional one from a hasplant or hybrid. even if its not dominant you will still end up with plants with undesirable cbd production.

the only way to get rid ofthis active cbd infection is to find 2 parents who only have the pseudo cbd synthase from sativa and build off them. but in reality without the original sativa parent to backcross//re charge the pseudo cbd synthase ya might as well start over

heres the outback 3 mom , fenotrigo outback 3 x viet and the tent full of outback3 x viet tent ladies bout halfway thru flower i think plenty of nld there
View attachment 18757851
View attachment 18757620
View attachment 18757622
good god, i think i'm in love.

mexcurandero420

See the world through a puff of smoke
Veteran
Always wondered about that SSSC Old School Haze cut. Seemed to come in the early days before Haze 19 and even the '76.

Wouldn't think it would be Haze A itself but possibly something pre '76 .... 🤔
This is what the keeper of the cut wrote back in 2010.
All that's left is 1 cutting selected from the seed Haze x SK#1.
So one place has been owned by three friends in different places in since 1985 kept alive.
This year 25 years old (2010) and nothing lost of vigor and potency! Also at this crossing the luck, that of the SK#1 only the thick solid buds have been adopted. The rest is 100% Haze. Psychoactive

Pic of a S1 from the same cut

picture (55).jpeg

mexcurandero420

See the world through a puff of smoke
Veteran
This is what the keeper of the cut wrote back in 2010.
All that's left is 1 cutting selected from the seed Haze x SK#1.
So one place has been owned by three friends in different places in since 1985 kept alive.
This year 25 years old (2010) and nothing lost of vigor and potency! Also at this crossing the luck, that of the SK#1 only the thick solid buds have been adopted. The rest is 100% Haze. Psychoactive

Pic of a S1 from the same cut

View attachment 18765437
A pic of the cut from the keeper himself in 2010

gallery_27276_10701_183431~3.jpg

Latest posts

Latest posts