What's new

Todd McCormick's nl5

cbotany

I’ve been looking for the northern lights we had from the late 80’s and early 90’s that was completely done by 7 weeks. It was probably an early version of the European reworked version if the original takes 9 weeks.
nutrients/lights effect flowering times alot of times i've seen people use potassium in higher amounts with de leafing to send a plant into shock and flower faster, Heavy hps lights also can effect flowering compared to leds, I wouldn't take any flowering time as gospel as even a clone will flower faster/shorter amount of time when put into a different system

GainesvilleGreen

I’ve been looking for the northern lights we had from the late 80’s and early 90’s that was completely done by 7 weeks. It was probably an early version of the European reworked version if the original takes 9 weeks.
It's was similar to bodhi's NL#5. Some of the other phenos went 8 weeks. Either way nice old school funk.

Hiddenjems

nutrients/lights effect flowering times alot of times i've seen people use potassium in higher amounts with de leafing to send a plant into shock and flower faster, Heavy hps lights also can effect flowering compared to leds, I wouldn't take any flowering time as gospel as even a clone will flower faster/shorter amount of time when put into a different system
If I were to try this I would pop 100 seeds and look for the fastest plant. If it was top shelf flower that yields good, I’d run the clone for 4-5 years in one of my rooms.

If his took 9 weeks and the breeder recommends at least 8 weeks, it’s not the same genetics we had 30 years ago.

I love smoking longer flowering strains, but it’s more economical for me to buy a few zips here and there than to put them in my rotation. I run really fast, high yielding knockout indica strains. That’s what people here want.

The old nl we had way back when would fit right in.

cbotany

If I were to try this I would pop 100 seeds and look for the fastest plant. If it was top shelf flower that yields good, I’d run the clone for 4-5 years in one of my rooms.

If his took 9 weeks and the breeder recommends at least 8 weeks, it’s not the same genetics we had 30 years ago.

I love smoking longer flowering strains, but it’s more economical for me to buy a few zips here and there than to put them in my rotation. I run really fast, high yielding knockout indica strains. That’s what people here want.

Have you thought of taking a commercial northern lights auto and crossing to one of Todds? Selecting out of a seed batch would give you a great plant! I'm not old enough to have tried the old genetics from 30 years ago, but i hope you find what you're looking for!

cbotany

This is off topic completely but do you know anything about long red haired skunks? I've been searching for them and they where more prevalent in the 90's.

Hiddenjems

This is off topic completely but do you know anything about long red haired skunks? I've been searching for them and they where more prevalent in the 90's.
I’ve never ran any of the “skunk” strains.

My dad used to grow something like what you’re talking about outside, but I never got any of his seeds. It was really long buds with long red or reddish orange hairs.

cbotany

I’ve never ran any of the “skunk” strains.

My dad used to grow something like what you’re talking about outside, but I never got any of his seeds. It was really long buds with long red or reddish orange hairs.
I've been in search for it for awhile :) it seems to have vanished from the modern grasp, thanks for your input bud

mexcurandero420

See the world through a puff of smoke
Veteran
Have you thought of taking a commercial northern lights auto and crossing to one of Todds? Selecting out of a seed batch would give you a great plant! I'm not old enough to have tried the old genetics from 30 years ago, but i hope you find what you're looking for!
Sensi's Ruderalis indica was one of the first autos. Nevil developed it back in the days of the Seed Bank.
Not very suitable in my area, but it was a real stinker. I read it was Nl#1 x Ruderalis.

Rgd

Veteran
Sensi's Ruderalis indica was one of the first autos. Nevil developed it back in the days of the Seed Bank.
Not very suitable in my area, but it was a real stinker. I read it was Nl#1 x Ruderalis.
I grew that in 1989?..most were grassy leafy confused plants with little potency..for me anyway

one was early but not auto..smelled and shaped like a carrot..

it was a special one..never seen one like it.kind of ropey texture stalk/ stems...thats as far as I went

mexcurandero420

See the world through a puff of smoke
Veteran
I grew that in 1989?..most were grassy leafy confused plants with little potency..for me anyway

one was early but not auto..smelled and shaped like a carrot..

it was a special one..never seen one like it.kind of ropey texture stalk/ stems...thats as far as I went
Well grew mine in the early 90s. It was just one big bud, but like I said a real stinker. I must say it was sensitive to grey mold.

Reactions: Rgd

cbotany

I was thinking more of an auto that has been worked, Ruderalis indica is a fun strain to play around with! I think those "unpotent" strains have the most genetic potential for something new, you may have to work it quite a bit tho

Reactions: Rgd

Latest posts

Latest posts