What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Toasted Okara! Yummy!!

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
Oh yeah!

Just recently got into making my own soy milk... amazingly cheap (a cup of dry soybeans makes almost a gallon and a half of soymilk) and a source of Okara twice a week now.

Pre-Heat oven to 225F
About 2 cups of Okara
4-6 Tablespoons Honey
4-6 Tablespoons Molasses
Pinch of salt
Greased cookie sheet

Stir the Salt, Honey and Molasses together... then stir in the Okara.

Mix well!

Spread thin on a cookie sheet and bake.

Stir every 20 minutes... for the first 40 minutes. Stir at 50 minutes and then every 5 minutes after that.

Careful as it goes from almost toasty, right through to burnt... pretty quick. Almost burned my first batch. :)

Will be a tiny bit moist when you pull it out, it will dry and be fluffy/crunchy in a few minutes.

Somewhere between granola and wheat bran, with a sweet kick. Other folks may prefer a LOT more honey and molasses. Play around with it. :D

Stay Safe! :blowbubbles:

H

Hashash

oh man.. so many banned people here whats going on long time users to as it seems.
its like there was a huge war and dead bodies are lying around all over :tumbleweed:

anyway this Okara is interesting.. never heard of it before
not the faintest idea where to get some, seems rather asian.

i might try that myself once so thanks for the recipe :)