What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Tikal

Ravel

Hi Ravel most probably the 2 with the most classic expressions, although i prefer to wait for your confirmation when the right time comes ;)

Hi Dubi, so two of my Tikals are at about 90 percent cloudy. I was wondering if there's a particular trichome ratio I should aim for for this strain?

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi Ravel sounds like they are ripe enough, but post some pics if you have doubt and want us to check it out.

Cactus Squatter

Finally took the time to get some things placed in my new shade house today. After moving my Tikal around I kept smelling a strong incense smell in the enclosure.
This beast is solidly in Veg, hardly even a few rando preflowers on her and yet, there’s that crazy incense smell. I’ll get some pics of her once I finish cleaning up, placing some irrigation line and getting things finalized.

I’m really looking forward to seeing what this one can do once flowering hits.

Cactus Squatter

This is her in a 45gallon pot. She was topped last week
D3CCBEB1-5C3E-442A-94BC-59D49676E23C.jpeg

Ravel

"Indica" pheno

Day 88 flower, trichomes almost all cloudy, a few clears, a few ambers

Probably the most attractive out of all 4 plants. Very good calyx to leaf ratio, didn't need to do much trimming. Smell isn't super strong, fruity, possible strawberry? Resin on fingers smells very piney. Entire plant was almost pure bud due to its small size. Very frosty lowers right down to the soil. I'll keep you posted once dried.

Attachments

• IMG_5934.JPG
    IMG_5934.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 149

Kiefcake

Tikal, about 6.5 weeks from seed. Certainly a pretty plant, the fan leaves are quite ornamental with at least 2 more fingers than any other plant I have going.
It's growing surprisingly tight to the main stalk for how branchy it's been, I was expecting them grow and branch further outwards, not high and tight.

Ravel

Day 90 of flower

Most of the pistils on this plant are white, however the trichomes look pretty close to being finished. Mostly cloudy with many very dark amber color. Is this kind of pistil spitting common with sativas at this stage in the game? Should I just harvest?

Edit: actually this particular bud has far more brown pistils than many of the others. Maybe I was a bit blind to the browned pistils.

Attachments

• IMG_5959.PNG
    IMG_5959.PNG
    1.8 MB · Views: 164

Ravel

I like a lot how the Tikal in your latest post looks like Tikal @Ravel :love: Looks ripe enough to me despite a few new pistils here and there.

Thanks also for sharing pics of yours @Kiefcake !

Thanks! Which phenotype would you say it is?

Edit: Not sure if anyone else has noticed this but I'm getting a very strong smell of Nutella from the jarred buds. Smells EXACTLY like Nutella.

Last edited:

Kiefcake

Had to emergency harvest the cola before going to bed last night, Saw a dying leaf, and down in the middle saw a tiny cobweb and very minimal brown bud, caught it before anything turned to mush. Hopefully it dries in the box without further damage.
By looking at the pistils, I'm thinking it had about a another week, two weeks max before they would all have receded.

It has a nice smell that I can't quite yet place, I try not smelling and putting the living plants to my nose too much because it aggravates my allergies.

Kiefcake

Thank you, im glad i did too, and I'm thankful to have known to watch out for it by reading about it here, or else I'm sure i wouldnt have caught it when i did. I lost less than half a gram to it.

I haven't smoked any of it yet, but I'd say it did! I was able to pick some peach smell to it after getting it in the jar. Overall id say the Tikal and PanHaze smell very similar, the Tikal just has a little more something to it, but it isn't as strong of scent as the PanHaze.

I'm thinking that I'll get to looking a little deeper in the Tikal line probably around April, I'll work a couple more in, along with Bangi Haze, and Panama x Banghi

Latest posts

Latest posts