What's new

Tiger bloom vrs. pure blend bloom

S

strain_searcher

lets start with pure blend bloom. I used that for 2 years ,the stuff was dark and smelled just like homeade tea. I never got huge colas from it but always frosty nugs.

I havent used the tiger bloom yet but I can tell you even after shaking it up it looks very watery and has no smell at all. Is this a rip off ?

Oh yeah I will also be using cha ching which by the looks of it seems like a winner.

TokenRings

I'm not sure how long tiger bloom's shelf life is, but it is very potent stuff. You have to use it in very small doses. I'v never used it, but i'v heard a lot about it.

S

strain_searcher

Tokeen rings it must be the trace elemnets and lack of guano as i believe it just has worm castings. Its also pretty obvious after reading the ingredients its not organic but oh well.

Last edited:

William H

wuts up strain...i've used ff tiger bloom & big bloom for flowering for my last three grows & its not bad,definitley not a rip off. I've come to find that if you give it a good feeding of the Tiger Bloom(1 tbsp per Gallon is my normal) she'll love it, but if you give too much when she doesnt want it, you'll see a slight burn. If you dont feed enough, I would see a lot of yellowing due to lack of N, kinda picky in my opinon. all in all, id rather use the pure blend due to the "organics" factor. im about to try some of Advanced Nutes Organic Iguana Grow/Bloom bcuz my goal is to all organic, or at least as close as I can. peace

Skunkenstein

I've used tiger and big bloom,and so do a few friends of mine.I agree with the statement about the tiger being a little persnikety. Not enough you get N def. and a little too much you get slight burn. Now the Big Bloom I really like as an addative.Use it with you're regular waterings at about 3-4tbs/gal.I started using it Last year toward the last half of bloom with every watering and was really impressed with the increase of resin...the stuff really seems to work. But it is not a stand alone fert. The npk is really low.

dan kay

The friend who got me started growing got me started just using big bloom not the tiger bloom. ya you have to use a ton of it but it seems to work fine by itself. It does have that thick dark color and smell you are looking for. the fox farm website also doesn't list big bloom as an additive (seems common amongst growers on here and back on OG though) but as a true fert, but then again they don't have tiger bloom listed at all. never tried pure blend so i don't have any head to head comparison experience. I'm wanting to try out that alaska morbloom fert 0-10-10

http://www.lillymiller.com/alaska.html#morbloom
http://agr.wa.gov/PestFert/Fertilizers/FertDB/prodinfo.asp?pname=3866

William H

hey everyone...DAN KAY, I noticed when I use the FF Big Bloom as a "fert" only, I have to feed 3-5 tbsp per gallon and would go through my supply way too quick. The Tiger Bloom lets me feed about 2:1 tbsp (Big Bloom/Tiger Bloom) and maintain the same great results. I heard the morbloom you mentioned is made from a company that uses fish that have a high level of I "think" Iron/Lead...something you dont want to feed your plants!!!:sasmokin: I use EJ Bloom (0-3-1) the last half of flower and have noticed supreme results and resin production. But, thats just from experience and what i've heard through the web, take it or leave it. keep it green, peace:joint:

Last edited:

William H

dan kay, I just checked the second link you gave me, and if you look at the breakdown of nutes, that morbloom has tons of arsenic and other goodies you prolly dont wanna smoke...I put down tha link to the EJ Bloom, that way you can compare for yourself. take it easy yall :pimp3:

EJ Bloom
[glow=lightblue] http://agr.wa.gov/PestFert/Fertilizers/FertDB/prodinfo.asp?pname=3768 [/glow]

Morbloom
[glow=red] http://agr.wa.gov/PestFert/Fertilizers/FertDB/prodinfo.asp?pname=3866 [/glow]
P.S. Heres a link to Tiger Bloom & Pure Blend Bloom break down

Pure Blend
[glow=yellow] http://agr.wa.gov/PestFert/Fertilizers/FertDB/prodinfo.asp?pname=4039 [/glow]
Tiger Bloom
[glow=lightgreen] http://agr.wa.gov/PestFert/Fertilizers/FertDB/prodinfo.asp?pname=3428 [/glow]

Last edited:
G

i use a mix of organics and tiger bloom for bud set it works good the first 2 weeks .add it to my regullar feedings at 2 caps for 5 gallons of tea .then use age old with a mix of guono and earth worm castings a littel karma some mollasses and some earth juice bloom.some earth juice catilist and watch the head grow like a beer 2 days of air and feed i get fat nugs sticky and sweet.at the end i switch to all earth juice bloom and a bat guono mix low nitro and a flush .

G

I'm a HUGE "Fox Farm" Fan...I use "ocean forest" soil and my plants LOVE "FF Marine quisine" dry fert during veg, and I use it real lightly in flower.

I use "Big Bloom" and "tiger bloom" in veg (2 TBS "BB" and 1 TBS "TB") per gallon of water every other watering.

I cut out the Tiger Bloom the last few weeks of flower since it's not 100% organic.

my plants love it!

I have NOT used:
"grow Big"
"open sesame"
"beastie bloomz"
"cha ching"
"bushdoctor/sledgehammer"

does anyone have experience w/ those FF products? ...and would they help my grow out w/ what I'm already doing?

heres a couple pics of what my current "voodoo recipe" does:

dan kay

william: good info i had checked that site out but didn't notice all the arsenic in those wow that's a lot compared to a lot of the other ferts.

William H

yukon, those are some nice lookin nugs bro, very stout!! I've tried the Grow Big on my first grow and wasnt impressed, but it was my first grow so I wasnt as savvy :pimp3: I use Earth Juice Grow and prolly will never change...whatever your using looks like it works so I wouldnt change, but just my :2cents: Im torn right now between buyin another FF Big Bloom, Advanced Nutes Organic Iguana Juice Bloom, or BioBizz Bloom. so many choices... :1help: anyone have any experience with the above mentioned?? kinda leanin more towards BioBizz, as I already have their Root Juice & Bloom stimulator and love em.

dan kay, no problem man, thats why we're here, to share and learn. peace :joint:

Last edited:
G

"william h"...in my opinon u can get what u need from "big bloom" many other ways (its just a bunch of bat and seabird crap)...but it nice and convienient in the prepared form from FF.

I know nothing about the other stuff u mentioned , but am eager to learn.

I used "BC Bloom"..in place of my FF "tiger bloom" in my soil on one grow, and was not real impressed, but it did turn me on to adding the flower power nutes....I didnt do that before.

glock23

one in the chamber
Veteran
I use pure blend in combination with additional guanos and crushed eggshells. i also use an organic commercial agricultural fertilizer that comes in pellets...works amazing during veg!

JohnBell

I've been using the Pure blend pro flower soil formula for a few years with great results. I tried Tiger bloom for one grown and found it to be more of a problem than it did good. Tiger bloom is hot if you do use it start with 1/2 the recommended dosage then move up and only use it every other watering. I have found great results using:

Fox Farms Ocean forest soil

VEG:
Fish Mix
Sweet
alg-a-mic
fossilfule
(Folar Feed)
Dutch Master penetrator,max-fx, folitech Veg

Flower:
Pure blend pro soil,
top max,
Earth Juice Cat
sweet
al-a-mic
molasses
(Folar Feed)
Dutch Master penetrator,max-fx, folitech Flower

Last Grow:

Older Grow:

You can get some good colas with pure blend pro but don’t be afraid to experiment to try to find what works good for you. I've seen people use the exact same feeding program as me and get different results. Keep a log of what you do for each grow until you come up with what works good for you and that strain. Good luck and let us know what you think it could be a great nute for you.

KingRalph

heya strain, flower time eh :) i used tiger bloom for a couple crops a few years ago and it really was great stuff, helped make some swollen nugs i tell ya what, with durban poison it created rock buds. even though it is "oraganically based", like others say it is incredibly potent, so don't use it at their recommended dose an certainly not every waterin (use that keen eye o yours n you'll be fine). sorry can't remember how much i fed to mine back then, but startin week 2 onwards just work it up n keep flushes happenin, should do real well for ya. best o luck man, i'll be followin your other thread ;)

G

strain_searcher said:
Ill be using cha ching this flower and we will see what it can do. Im going for 2 liter cola size buds although Im not sure I am doing a strain thats known for donkey sholng.

what strain?

Latest posts

Latest posts