What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Announcement Thread Prefixes

Status
Not open for further replies.

StevenHXF

Administrator
Hi All,

Hope you're all having a good Wednesday.

Just a quick message to tell you that we've enabled XenForo thread prefixes in various places across ICMag. Thread prefixes are good because they highlight certain threads that might appeal, it also gives you an easy way to filter content you might want to read in forums / sub forums. You can see an example of this by clicking in the Grow Diaries forum, visit Grow Diaries and click on the green Diary button next to the 'Auto White Widow x Big Bud ( WWxBB ) Tester' thread. You should end up with a filtered index which you can see here: https://www.icmag.com/forums/grow-diaries.51/?prefix_id=1

We've added 5 prefixes and will add more as required and are hoping that IF they're used correctly it should make good threads even easier to find. The prefixes, where they're enabled and who can use them can be seen below:

Diary - Enabled in Grow Diaries and Vendor forums. Can be used by Senior Members, Vendors, Moderators and Admins.
Competition - Enabled globally. Can be used by Vendors, Moderators and Admins. If you want to run a competition give a moderator a shout once your thread is up and they'll add the correct prefix.
Announcement - Enable globally. Can be used by Moderators and Admins. Keep an eye out on threads marked announcement as they will contain useful information.
Promo / Giveaway - Enabled globally. Can be used by Vendors, Moderators and Admins.
Tutorial - Enabled globally. Can be used by Moderators and Admins. We're limiting this prefix for the time being, if you feel a thread is worthy of being a Turorial or have written a thread you feel should be a tutorial please let a moderator know and they'll tag it for you.

We've kept some of the permissions on these prefixes locked down for the time being because we don't want them to be overused, we haven't written any defined rules but people should use their common sense when using them. For example, a thread with a couple of photos that you don't intend on keeping updated shouldn't be tagged a diary. If these are used correctly they will really add to the site so please use them carefully!

Finally, we've added a prefix called High Grade, we're hoping to tag the best-of-the-best threads with this, basically these threads should be stuff that everyone should read read and stands out from everything else. To get everybody involved and to highlight some of the great threads please feel free to submit anything you consider worthy of this accolade to me or any of the mods. There's no rush to do this and we will be very picky about what goes into this category but feel free to let us know what deserves to be High Grade!

Our first
High Grade thread can be seen in here:

Anyway, that's enough rambling from me. We'll keep this thread up-to-date when we make any changes to how this works.

Thanks

Last edited:

CARE giver

Sour Bubble Connoisseur
Veteran
Why is the search function so inept now?

I can’t find certain things that I know for a fact are there.

Are we planning to fix this the best we can?

StevenHXF

Administrator
Why is the search function so inept now?

I can’t find certain things that I know for a fact are there.

Are we planning to fix this the best we can?

Just had a very similar pm from another member. Unfortunately the search is the search. There might be things we can tweak in terms of number of results returned etc…. but we can’t do much about the search engine that comes with the forum software I’m afraid. It will be the same anywhere that runs Xen which is pretty much everywhere.

StevenHXF

Administrator
Thanks for the autoflower prefix Steven :)
No problem at all, out of interest, are you able to set these yourself? Can you click on new thread in one of the grow forums and tell me if it lets you select a prefix? You don't need to actually post, just let me know if the option is there. (y)

StevenHXF

Administrator
Another submission made for a High Grade read.

Some great content in this thread ^

Rico Swazi

Just had a very similar pm from another member. Unfortunately the search is the search. There might be things we can tweak in terms of number of results returned etc…. but we can’t do much about the search engine that comes with the forum software I’m afraid. It will be the same anywhere that runs Xen which is pretty much everywhere.

Search is greatly improved with the new forum software. I want to thank you and everyone who helped put this upgrade together. Too many to list and fear I leave anyone out.

Thank you all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts