What's new

things to do in ..

Shizzlenator

Hello mates,
i hope its oki to start this thread here.
Im coming to australia very soon but i dont have a plan yet. I hope you know some "secret" spots or some things i have to do.

Thanks a lot

greetings

SilverSurfer_OG

Living Organic Soil...
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Theres heaps to do.

Grab yerself a reliable camper van and go for a tour up the east coast is always a good idea... then get the ferry to Tasmania.

Do you want beaches, babes and cheap thrills or nature walks, gum trees and echidnas?

:smoweed:

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
theres plenty to do man ,
but its a big country ,
so expect to do some travelling ,

with a country that extends from deep in the tropics to the far southern oceans ,
theres always something going on ...

Don't go to Western Australia because it's too far to go and there is nothing special about the place; Adelaide is boring as shit, the only good thing is there is lots of good pot around, stick to Victoria, New South Wales and Queensland.
Don't go to Tasmania, there is nothing there but national parks and hillbillies (they are all inbred).
I wouldn't bother going to Uluru, it's such a long drive just to look at a rock.
Being a traveller you will find it hard to find pot here, except in Adelaide. Street sellers aren't very common in the big cities; they used to have cafes in Sydney where you could go in and buy pot and smoke it there but they have all been closed.
If you go to Nimbin you will find pot; or more likely it will find you.

Joeski

Go upto NT mate and spend a week camping in Kakadu National Park... beautiful place with lots to keep you entertained...

High Country

Give me a Kenworth truck, an 18 speed box and I'll
Veteran
The whole freaking place is great.

Queensland - where rainforest touches the Great Barrier Reef.

Northern Territory - the crocodile filled lagoons of Kakadu and inland the deserts.

Western Australia - the Kimberley, Ningaloo, Margaret River for a surf.

South Australia - vineyards, great fishing and the William Creek pub.

New South Wales - beaches, the madness of Sydney, the Blue Mountains.

Tasmania - trout fishing, pristine air and water, the majestic Huon pine rainforests of the Franklin river.

Victoria - the High Country of course.

And one more thing...hot women.

picture.php

Whenever I go overseas I always look forward to the trip home.

Shizzlenator

is it legal to go fishing without a license?
Im landing in Queensland and i do want to hire a camper :)
My favourite at the moment is Mackay looks sooo good. I heard surfers paradise is a cheap copy of miami, is this true ?
Another ideas are welcome :)

In most places you need a fishing licence, maybe all, but I have never had one and no-one has ever asked me for one.
Mainly in my experience they are worried about people catching crayfish, but that's mainly on the west coast.
Surfers is not that interesting, no culture, just very touristy and overpriced.
I have been to Mackay a long time ago, just remember if you are landing in Brisbane it's a long drive up there, but then you will probably find it interesting.
Forget about swimming there though; the water is full of box jellyfish which are poisonous.
Personally if you are starting in Brisbane then I would head south not north but then I suppose it depends on what you want to see and do.
Have fun anyways.

Shizzlenator

hey thanks for that advice.
But why should i go down south ? i thought its much colder then in the north ?
Mackay is only 950km away from brisbane and i got a month time :)
This will be such a great roadtrip :D

thanks again all of you

Well depends if you are going to be here in the winter or autumn.
It doesn't get that cold in Australia, around Sydney for example the average winter daytime temperature is about 17C. It does get colder as you go inland.
Australia is pretty unpopulated and once you get out of the major cities the towns are few and far between, especially inland and north.
There wont be much to see between Brisbane and Mackay but if you like the idea of driving 10 hours and seeing nothing much then do it.
If you really want to get a sense of how vast and empty this country is then try driving from east to west. Once you get away from the coast a bit there is nothing out there, just vast paddocks or bush or vast plains of saltbush as far as the eye can see.
Depends if you want to see civilisation and man made things or wilderness I suppose.

Shizzlenator

hey guys how is going?
i do luv this country for sure.
if somebody wants to meet me give me a call :) hope this oki?

High Country

Veteran
You must have a lot of faith in people giving out a no. like that.

Stay safe.

Better just to meet people along the journey and see what happens.

High Country

Veteran
Where have you been anyway?...I've covered juat about every square inch of this country.

Shizzlenator

@country
yeah i think your right i deleted the number ;-) im traveling up north now hangimg around mackay enjoying the sun.
@ bushweed
im only here until begining of april.
would be awesome to be on the mardi grass.

anyway this country is fucking awesome.

rod58

welcome to oz mate ! and come to western australia , don't believe what others say ..WA is the best state in austalia and and possibly the world ...its awesome , breathtaking , stupendous and the only place that you can comfortably find the meaning of life ...full stop

rod58

welcome to oz mate ! and come to western australia , don't believe what others say ..WA is the best state in austalia and and possibly the world ...its awesome , breathtaking , stupendous and the only place that you can comfortably find the meaning of life ...full stop

:biggrin: oh , an probably the only place you can continue a thread three years later ....lol:dance013:

Latest posts

Latest posts