What's new

There is no such thing as organic HYDRIO

high road

CAN SOME ONE ANSWER IF SUGAR DADDY IS ORGANIC OR NOT!!!! PLEASE!!!!

^^thalassa eh? I've thrown that stuff into my mix this round...I've heard good things about it, but never had a chance to see for myself. What differences did you see using the Thalassa?

Sugar Daddy is amino acids and sugars. The amino acids are L- amino's which means that they are made in a lab. < That's the only reason why it isn't organic. However, just because the aminos are not considered organic...doesn't mean it can't be used in an organic grow. Amino acid's, regardless of how they are made, are extremely beneficial for organic growing environments. Amino's and carbs are microbe food.

Trillyen

I didn't say that you had to add the tea every day. What I said was that you shouldn't brew for longer than 24 hours. Adding it once or twice a week should be fine. Bubbling teas is seriously easy, though. you just chuck the ingredients into a bucket, drop in the air stone, and leave it for a day. It takes 5 minutes and then you walk away. It's a great idea to keep the aeration going 24/7 in your nute reservoir, too. All it takes is a $20 aquarium pump, an air hose, and a stone. Easy.

Continue with this exchange schedule. It's fine. You are adding back pH'd water as the levels drop, though, right?

no i usually dont check the ph unless im changing the water i dont ever check it during the week, and my plants seem to do fine, but im sure later on in flowering if problems occur i will start to do so!!!

I don't know what you mean. Testing pH is as simple as dipping a meter into the water and taking a reading. What's this about "recommended dose"? Whose recommendation are you following and what nutes are you using? Also, your photos indicate that you're growing in DWC or ebb & flow as well as in coco or soil. Please explain what you're actually up to. Also, are you using the same formulas and such with both grows?

thanks for your interest in my grow man and i really appreciate the help

and yes im using a DWC along with a organic soil grow in my flowering room

i have a 10 gallon rubbermaid tub with 5 hydro plants, and like 18 organic soil plants

the hydro plants are are basically in a big bubble bucket, and so far so good, but the leafs are starting to look like its suffering from some type of defiency like mag or some thing so im going to try to stop using my ro/di unit and start using tap water after letting it sit for a day or 2 to distill it and see if that helps!!!

You added what stuff and in what concentration? Are you following a label blindly? Or, are you taking your particular strain's needs into consideration? Are you keeping environmental conditions in mind on an ongoing basis?

Furthermore, what specifically happened to the plants? Do you know how to read your girls for the various deficiencies, lock outs, and overdoses? If so, what did you see? I'll bet that you used nutes in a way that might make sense individually (in ideal environmental conditions) but was incorrect/incompatible when used together. We've all done that before. Learning means finding your mistake, though, -not blaming the instructions or the chemicals, etc.

wow, never thought of it like that. I dont realluy think the way i used the organic hydro method was wrong but maybe it was what i didnt do that killed one of my babies

i did exactly what the directions sadi it just didnt agree with some of my plants

the organic chemicals i was using was earth juice, budswell, and sugar daddy all together, i even used slightly less than the recommended dose, so i dont know what was up with that???

Yeah, you really need to learn the tech before you change up your gardening methods. Otherwise, you're just groping around in the dark -a sure recipe for disaster.

I hope a pH pen and nute strength meter were part of that supply list. Once again, I recommend that you mix organic and partial organic nutes (e.g. FloraNova Bloom) until you get the organic bit mastered (or even after if you appreciate the advantages that I've mentioned).

yes i now have a CHAMP ph meter, but i dont have a nute strength meter, didnt know there was such a thing but i will def look into it

thanks for all thwe help, but im gonna go all chemical hydro this time around but next time i will try the organic hydro, seems kinda hard!!!

thanks man!!!

Trillyen

I didn't say that you had to add the tea every day. What I said was that you shouldn't brew for longer than 24 hours. Adding it once or twice a week should be fine. Bubbling teas is seriously easy, though. you just chuck the ingredients into a bucket, drop in the air stone, and leave it for a day. It takes 5 minutes and then you walk away. It's a great idea to keep the aeration going 24/7 in your nute reservoir, too. All it takes is a $20 aquarium pump, an air hose, and a stone. Easy.

Continue with this exchange schedule. It's fine. You are adding back pH'd water as the levels drop, though, right?

I don't know what you mean. Testing pH is as simple as dipping a meter into the water and taking a reading. What's this about "recommended dose"? Whose recommendation are you following and what nutes are you using? Also, your photos indicate that you're growing in DWC or ebb & flow as well as in coco or soil. Please explain what you're actually up to. Also, are you using the same formulas and such with both grows?

You added what stuff and in what concentration? Are you following a label blindly? Or, are you taking your particular strain's needs into consideration? Are you keeping environmental conditions in mind on an ongoing basis?

Furthermore, what specifically happened to the plants? Do you know how to read your girls for the various deficiencies, lock outs, and overdoses? If so, what did you see? I'll bet that you used nutes in a way that might make sense individually (in ideal environmental conditions) but was incorrect/incompatible when used together. We've all done that before. Learning means finding your mistake, though, -not blaming the instructions or the chemicals, etc.

Yeah, you really need to learn the tech before you change up your gardening methods. Otherwise, you're just groping around in the dark -a sure recipe for disaster.

I hope a pH pen and nute strength meter were part of that supply list. Once again, I recommend that you mix organic and partial organic nutes (e.g. FloraNova Bloom) until you get the organic bit mastered (or even after if you appreciate the advantages that I've mentioned).

no i usually dont check the ph unless im changing the water i dont ever check it during the week, and my plants seem to do fine, but im sure later on in flowering if problems occur i will start to do so!!!

thanks for your interest in my grow man and i really appreciate the help

and yes im using a DWC along with a organic soil grow in my flowering room

i have a 10 gallon rubbermaid tub with 5 hydro plants, and like 18 organic soil plants

the hydro plants are are basically in a big bubble bucket, and so far so good, but the leafs are starting to look like its suffering from some type of defiency like mag or some thing so im going to try to stop using my ro/di unit and start using tap water after letting it sit for a day or 2 to distill it and see if that helps!!!

wow, never thought of it like that. I dont realluy think the way i used the organic hydro method was wrong but maybe it was what i didnt do that killed one of my babies

i did exactly what the directions sadi it just didnt agree with some of my plants

the organic chemicals i was using was earth juice, budswell, and sugar daddy all together, i even used slightly less than the recommended dose, so i dont know what was up with that???

yes i now have a CHAMP ph meter, but i dont have a nute strength meter, didnt know there was such a thing but i will def look into it

thanks for all thwe help, but im gonna go all chemical hydro this time around but next time i will try the organic hydro, seems kinda hard!!!

thanks man!!!

Trillyen

Sup Bro, I recommend Thalassa Mix its some of the best stuff out for organic hydro with a little bit of liquid guano, its the best combo for organic hydro IMO..
(http://www.organaponics.com/organa_guano.htm) both are omri organic and very clean to work with..

If don't mind a tiny bit of refined minerals use Floranova or PBP ..
I recommend sea-90(cheaper sea minerals) or thalassa mix(sea mineral compost tea) at 1500ppm and PBP no higher then 600ppm.

The sea minerals and thalassa mix can be bought online...

Here are some thalassa + PBP plants

27222IMG_0673.JPG

27222IMG_0116.JPG

damn did u grow those plants your self??

amazing man

ill have to lookinto that stuff, and no i dont mind a little chemicals in my crop if they turn out that good

Trillyen

CAN SOME ONE ANSWER IF SUGAR DADDY IS ORGANIC OR NOT!!!! PLEASE!!!!

^^thalassa eh? I've thrown that stuff into my mix this round...I've heard good things about it, but never had a chance to see for myself. What differences did you see using the Thalassa?

Sugar Daddy is amino acids and sugars. The amino acids are L- amino's which means that they are made in a lab. < That's the only reason why it isn't organic. However, just because the aminos are not considered organic...doesn't mean it can't be used in an organic grow. Amino acid's, regardless of how they are made, are extremely beneficial for organic growing environments. Amino's and carbs are microbe food.

great info and thank you very much ill have to keep that in mind when i do go organic

makes alot of sense

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
Hey Trillyen I just got Bontanicare's new Organicare line to test out, it's not in stores yet, well at least not the Grow Bloom and Boost but they should be sometime this summer. They are OMRI listed and for hydroponics!!! I'm like you and don't want to brew some shit everyday and I tried it but just too much work. I used Flora Nova with great results but my buddy said Pure Blend Pro gives the same results yield wise but with 10 times the flavor so this Organicare line is gonna be NICE!!!

picture.php

Trillyen

Hey Trillyen I just got Bontanicare's new Organicare line to test out, it's not in stores yet, well at least not the Grow Bloom and Boost but they should be sometime this summer. They are OMRI listed and for hydroponics!!! I'm like you and don't want to brew some shit everyday and I tried it but just too much work. I used Flora Nova with great results but my buddy said Pure Blend Pro gives the same results yield wise but with 10 times the flavor so this Organicare line is gonna be NICE!!!

picture.php

oh shit that's what's up mandon't they make the cal-mag and the liqid karma I can't wait for that stuff to drophopefll I aint broke for thenhow much for the grow bloom and all the fixingsand don't u shoot me a pm on how to get a heads start on that stuff like u cause I got cash money

The term organic hydro seems like an oxy moron. I always thought organic means natural materials not man made. Hydro is w/out soil. So....you can use what logic you want but this may be a mix of the two. This is what im using.

Integra21

Here is my organic Lineup. I use Fox Farm Big Grow, Bloom Big, and Tiger Bloom. I also ad Technaflora's Thrive alive B1 Green Organic and a tblp of Molasses per gallon I use all nutrients at full strenght in dwc hydro. I have an inline pump setup to recirculate my nutrient solition so it doesnt settle out. I keep ph around 5.9 during flower and 5.8 during veg.
integra21-albums-my-second-grow-blue-kush-scrog-organic-dwc-430wsonagro-co2-picture85796-week-7.jpg
integra21-albums-my-second-grow-blue-kush-scrog-organic-dwc-430wsonagro-co2-picture76948-week-22-flower-tub-4.jpg

integra21-albums-my-third-grow-mango-blue-mystic-scrog-organic-dwc-430w-air-cooled-son-agro-co2-picture88405-mango-day-1-10-22.jpg
integra21-albums-my-second-grow-blue-kush-scrog-organic-dwc-430wsonagro-co2-picture85801-week-6.jpg

integra21-albums-my-first-grow-430w-son-agro-white-widow-dwc-scrog-picture76818-week-21-62.jpg

Lorenzo

fox farm isn't organic, except for big bloom.

but they do give great results!

maybe its the same kinda beneficial chem/organic mix thing going on like suggested earlier with flora nova + organics...?

Integra21

Then I was Deceived. Everything I read said that the liquids were organic were organic, and the lady at the grow store said they were organic, and they are listed with the orgainic nutrients on every hydro store you look at. But I noticed no omri tag on any of the fox farm stuff. Why would every one lie. Thats real bogus. Someone needs to fix that.

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
here's my organic nutrient system I've found to be the best and you'll need nothing but what is listed...
These are from the Orgaincare line made by Botanicare who make Pure Blend Pro and this line was made for people who thought PBP wasn't organic enough so they came with this OMRI listed line up. The Grow Bloom and Boost are 98% or 99% organic

Grow™ Benefits:

* Essential elements are not derived from harmful chemicals such as urea.
* Eliminates exposure to toxic heavy metals which often contaminate conventional chemical fertilizers.
* Enhanced uptake and utilization of plant nutrients.
* Increased pathogen resistance and hardiness.
* Increases plant’s metabolic rate.
* Larger fruits, vegetables and flowers.

Derived From:

Fish Meal, Composted Poultry Litter, Seaweed (Ascophyllum Nodosum), Rock Phosphate, Magnesium Carbonate, Calcium Carbonate, Ammonium Nitrate, Potassium Nitrate, Calcium Nitrate, Potassium Phosphate, Magnesium Sulfate.

Also Contains Non-Plant Food Ingredient:

0.01% Humic acid derived from leonardite, agrimineral 72, sodium silicate.

Bloom™ Benefits:

* Essential elements are not derived from harmful chemicals such as urea.
* Eliminates exposure to toxic heavy metals which often contaminate conventional chemical fertilizers.
* Enhanced uptake and utilization of plant nutrients.
* Increased pathogen resistance and hardiness.
* Increases plant’s metabolic rates and yields.
* Larger fruits, vegetables and flowers.

Derived From:

Fish Meal, Composted Poultry Litter, Seaweed (Ascophyllum Nodosum), Rock Phosphate, Magnesium Carbonate, Calcium Carbonate, Ammonium Nitrate, Potassium Nitrate, Calcium Nitrate, Potassium Phosphate, Magnesium Sulfate.

0.01% Humic acid derived from leonardite, agrimineral 72, sodium silicate.

Boost™ Benefits:

* Ensures optimal plant growth during every plant phase.
* Protects plants from transplant shock.
* Promotes healthy rooting of cuttings.
* Increases plant’s metabolic rates.
* Larger fruits, vegetables and flowers with higher yields.

Derived From:

Kelp seaweed extract.

0.01% Humic Acid derived from Leonardite, 0.01% Yucca extract.

Calplex™ Benefits:

* May increase photosynthetic capacity and chlorophyll synthesis.
* May increase climatic stress resistance to excessive heat or freezing.
* May aid in cell division and metabolism for crop production.
* May increase stomata opening and increase membrane permeability.
* Strengthens cell walls.

Calcium plays an essential role in plant blossom development and overall plant health. Key functions of calcium include cell production and growth, as well as aiding fruit yield, including tomatoes and peppers. Mild calcium deficiencies can appear as dark green foliage and very stunted growth, normally occurring first in new growth. Severe deficiencies can turn new growth into shriveled, off-colored, dead leaves before they have a chance to develop. Since most plants can absorb calcium at very high rates, you may need to replenish their supply from time to time with a calcium supplement like Calplex.

Humega™ is a biologically enhanced product that may increase the availability of micronutrients and buffer salts. Grow media that has been inoculated with Humega contains a large population of beneficial microorganisms which protect plant root systems from a variety of soil pathogens. The microorganisms process organic matter, and release nutrients to plant roots. Microorganisms are essential to the process of releasing bound elemental compounds.

Humega promotes soil and soilless substrate aeration and water penetration. Certain enzymes have been added to Humega, to help increase the rate of nutrient absorption and reduce nitrogen through the soil profile. Nutrients are stabilized in the Rhizosphere where they remain available over a longer period of time.

Humega is a liquid humus--a combination of natural, organic plant acids, including humic acid, in enzymatic microbial solution. In addition to being a soil conditioner with humic acid and enzymes, Humega also contains active microbial inoculants that enhance the populations of beneficial soil microorganisms.

Humega contains humic substances that enhance the rate of photosynthesis in plants. Carbon and humus build the soil profile, and balance soilless substrates by neutralizing pH and increasing the cation exchange capacity (CEC). Mixing Humega with other fertilizers may increase their absorption rate by attaching them to carbon molecules which then helps increase their absorption rate.

Humega can be used for certified organic crop production as defined by the Organic Materials Review Institute (OMRI).

* This report is meant to illustrate that Humega is not only a soil conditioner with humic acid and enzymes, but it also has active microbial inoculants that enhance the populations of beneficial soil microorganisms. It may be used in Organic Gardening applications, as defined by the Organic Materials Review Institute (OMRI).
SOIL FUNCTIONAL GROUP IDEAL CFUs PER GDW HUMEGA CFUs PER LITER*
Heterotrophic Bacteria 10 million to 1 billion 6.2 x 108 cfu/ml
Anaerobic Bacteria 1 to 10 million 4 x 106 cfu/ml
Yeasts and Molds 500 K to 5 million 1.3 x 106 cfu/ml
Actinomycetes 100 K to 1 million 1 x 105 cfu/ml
Pseudomonads 1000 to 1 million 1 x 106 cfu/ml
Nitrogen Fixing Bacteria 1 million 1 x 106 cfu/ml

Huvega™ Benefits:

* Releases minerals in soil
* Protects plants from stresses
* Stimulates antibiotic protection
* Reduces wilting
* Increases DNA metabolism
* Promotes high crop yields

The nature of ionic minerals

Ionic minerals are low molecular weight humic substances with the unusual ability to provide multiple natural chemical reactions in the soil. Ionic minerals have high oxygen-hydrogen levels which have unique and positive influences on plant metabolic processes.

The ionic minerals in Huvega have an extremely high cation exchange capacity (between 500 and 1000) and a small molecular weight, which allows them to attract and hold nutrients and carry them directly to cell metabolic sites.

Ionic minerals mix with and attach to all types of materials, including both synthetic and organic chemicals. Ionic minerals are active at both high and low levels. Ionic minerals are polyelectrolytes with the ability to attach to toxins and heavy metals catalyzing the breakdown of toxic pollutants and scavenging heavy metals in soils and hydroponics solutions.

The origin of ionic minerals

Minerals are created from the oxidation of organic matter. Most ionic materials are a fracture of extracted humic substances from brown lignite. The oxidation process creates a product that has a high carbon and oxygen content and contains large amounts of free radicals due to the high amounts of oxygen-hydrogen groups. These groups are vital in the electron transfer, which is important to ionic exchanges.

Huvega: Analytical profile
Composition
Calcium 0.12%
Phosphorous 0.01%
Potassium 71 ppm
Copper 0.04 ppm
Selenium 0.03
Zinc 0.40
Sodium 560
Magnesium 426
Iron 256
Silicon 46
Boron 7
Manganese 6
Molybdenum 0.19
Iodine 0.41
Cobalt 0.04
Chromium 0.11

Plus more than 50 additional minerals.

Solubility: 100% in water; complete solubility at any pH over (1) and all liquids, acids or alkalis.

Seaplex™ Benefits:

* Cold processed to protect organic integrity
* Enhanced with trace minerals
* Homogenized to prevent separation
* 200 mesh screen filtration
* Water soluble for easy mixing

Exclusive trace minerals enhancement

Our trace minerals research ensures that Seaplex’s natural, potent mixture is enriched with a proprietary enzyme structure, along with a wide range of ionic minerals. These quality ingredients are processed into a rich, creamy liquid supplement that can be applied through any irrigation feed method.

The growth hormones in Seaplex are essential for cell division, root development, and bud initiation, making it a natural growth enhancer. Seaplex is also high in betain, a natural occurring amino acid derivative.

Amino acids

Seaplex has over 17 amino acids that are essential for increasing plant metabolism of trace minerals in the soil such as zinc, manganese, iron, boron, copper, cobalt and molybdenum.

Carbohydrates and polysaccharides

Alginic acid, mannitol and mannose sugars, all found in Seaplex, are natural chelating agents that release nutrients which are tied up in the soil or grow media. Oligosaccharides--a special class of carbohydrates--are essential for bud and flower formation, fruit set and fruit and flower yield.

Organic plant acids, enzymes and micronutrients

Seaplex’s unique formula combines organic plant acids, enzymes and over 72 minerals. These ionic minerals are natural plant nutrients essential to photosynthesis, elemental metabolism and cell formation. Ionic trace minerals, a natural electrolyte, are considered to be nature’s most effective chelating agents. Their high CEC rating and small size help carry nutrients directly to the plants metabolic sites.

Seaplex can be used for certified organic crop production, as determined by the Organic Materials Review Institute (OMRI).

Integra21

fox farm isn't organic, except for big bloom.

but they do give great results!

maybe its the same kinda beneficial chem/organic mix thing going on like suggested earlier with flora nova + organics...?
Can anyone verify if this guy is correct? I have looked all over and everything still points to Fax Farm Liquids being organic. I want all organic and if they're not, I need to rethink my nutrient soup. So if anyone could verify, it would be much appreciated.

*mistress*

Veteran
gh flora nova bloom (bottle instructions)
gh floralicious bloom (bottle instructions)

*wholesome sweeteners molasses (5-15ml per gal/1-3 tsp per gal) *optional... additive/supplement/bloom booster/carb, etc, etc

fnb is
aqueous, inorganic, nitrate solution
but once tried, usually, quickly replaces many, many other nutes & can be narrowed down to 1 bottle...

&

all the nutes ever really needed...
Integra21 said:
Can anyone verify if this guy is correct? I have looked all over and everything still points to Fax Farm Liquids being organic. I want all organic and if they're not, I need to rethink my nutrient soup. So if anyone could verify, it would be much appreciated.
does it really matter?... your plants look great & your set-up is working... :yes:

depending on what body is defining, rocks may not be considered organic... or chemicals... but all hydroponic nutrients contain 'ballast' or 'filler'... pure fertilizer salts are truly 'organic' & leave no room for 'non-plant-food ingredients'... the ballast may be organic too though, so theoretically possible...

hint:
humic acid is considered 'non-plant food ingredient', but works very well in delivering ions to plants... fnb contains this...

if your fruit tastes good & have not polluted environment, & maximized use of whatever nutes & water used... then this is a basic organic gardening practice... just as meaningful, if into ultra-organics...

just illustrating different options & p.o.v...

*edit*
gh fnb is not organic, technically/accurately posting... just seems so when bottle is shaken up & finally diluted... floralicious bloom is organic & is nice!...

enjoy your garden!

Last edited:

Lorenzo

i agree with everything mistress said.

but for proof that fox farms liquids aren't "100% organic"...look at the the bottle. tiger bloom and grow big just say "contains trace minerals" not organic or even natural anywhere. big bloom says "natural and organic" right on the front.

TIGER BLOOM (2-8-4)
-DERIVED FROM: calcium nitrate, magnesium nitrate, ammonium nitrate, ammonium phosphate, potassium phosphate, potassium nitrate, earthworm castings, kelp, iron EDTA, zinc EDTA, manganese EDTA, copper EDTA, chelating agent, disodium EDTA, and sodium borate.

BIG BLOOM (0.01-0.3-0.7)
-DERIVED FROM: earthworm castings, bat and seabird guano, rock phosphate, sulfate of potash magnesia (a mined natural mineral), norwegian kelp.

i have grown some very tasty buds with the fox farm line up, including their soluble bloom booster trio. i just switched to flora nova bloom and i'm impressed so far. very pH stable. seedlings loved it and went up to full strength (8ml/gal) so quick.

anyway if you really want the "100% organic" pat on the back, fox farm ain't gonna do it. maybe try the organicare line?

also, you need to grow under the sun. ditch the HID.

johnurse

if you want OMRI listed hydroponic nutes than ask for them specificaly some hydroponic lines are not OMRI listed, hope you find what you like but it shouldnt be hard at all with a little look

V

vonforne

The only thing that FF has organic is Big Bloom. The rest is Organic BASED

Pure Blend PRO is only organic BASED

Pure Blend is ORGANIC

OMRI is just a PURCHASED certificate by the company selling the product.

V

Latest posts

Latest posts