What's new

the way to rediscover yesteryear flavas?

G

Hi,

too young to lived through the 60-70's, woodstock, Mann island, having sex without worries...and for what I'm here, smoke weeds that have entered the hall of fame, all around the world as first class marihuanas. I mean Haze, northern lights, skunk...of course I won't talk about elite clones which for a small grower like me are just an untouchable dream.

But for the 3 classics quoted (and any other you thinkin' about), which is the best way (to don't say breeders) to refound a taste of that holy time?

Thx, bye :wave:

Last edited:
G

right on, nice post

right on, nice post

im too young too but my best bud is 60
::lights bubbler of jack herer::

from what you mentioned there, haze is it.

The strains your after are for the most part, not cash cropping plants, more conneiseur quality herb for sure and have potential to yield amazing, far more than any pure indica but outside or in a huge growroom with multiple K running is the only way for them to reach full potential.

Go hunting for things like columbian gold, santa marta gold :p , panama-red , kona gold :yikes: black thai, vietnamese black, Acapulco Gold, Michoacan, Oaxacan, Any PURE sativa will have an "old school" taste
Any hawaiian Sativa have a very special taste many associate with "old school"
as for elite clones, these are heavy hybrids half the time, and you can find your own "elites" by growing out bean after bean and finding a super sweet mom all on your own! The other suggestion is reservoir seeds for elites, he uses only elites for his beans. He has and does work with Sour Diesel, i think he has a few he is not talking about i saw him mention in chat too!

only elite i can think of right now that may lend some of that flavor is SCHROM, columbian x romulan although i've NEVER grown or smoked any ;) (at least to my knowledge :p)

the old school taste hmmmmmmm i smoke haze and thats enough for me, you can find neville's haze and other hazes that may suit your taste, i usually only smoke pure sativa or sativa/indica myself, pure indica doesn't agree with me.
now i'm high and rambling... :p i've got veg pics of kona and oaxacan in my gal.
cj

G

Ok, I understand what you mean, but it wasn't exactly my question ;)

What i'm searching for is the modern strains of skunk, haze, northern lights, Cali O and all those strains created during this period, who have the closer taste, smell and high than their ancestors.

For example, which breeder(s) provides the skunk strain that has suffer the less variations since skunk reach Holland ?

Sorry if i'm not clear in my explanations, i'm just a froggie how try ;)

Bye.

Verite

My little pony.. my little pony
Veteran
Theres truth in the saying you can never go home. You may stumble on the exact replica of weed you smoked 20 years ago but unfortunately your body/brain pharmacopeia isnt the same from 20 years ago either so smoking it now may give you a totally different experience.

G

i don't like what you say but i must accept it...

anybody's got a timeback machine?

Verite

Veteran
None was more sad than I when I went in to get a tattoo recolored to discover that my bodies ability to produce endorphins was greatly depreciated. When I first got it half my body went numb when just the outline was done.

G

i'm gonna recolored mine soon! but i think my young firm skin will be ok :D

mr. pipedope

i been smoking 31 yrs. & i'm as tore up right now as i was then, we smoked mostly sativas, didn't have computers where people in b.f.egypt could talk to anywhere else, no high bred seeds to buy, has was something smuggled, ............ i guess for a pothead, i was born at the right time. all i need now is a woman in the whitehouse who is gonna legalize weed. you know hillary IS gonna be the one.

Verite

Veteran
julian said:
... but i think my young firm skin will be ok :D

i SAID, " It puts the lotion on its skin ! "

silence_lambs_06.jpg

dociron

mr. pipedope said:
i been smoking 31 yrs. & i'm as tore up right now as i was then, we smoked mostly sativas, didn't have computers where people in b.f.egypt could talk to anywhere else, no high bred seeds to buy, has was something smuggled, ............ i guess for a pothead, i was born at the right time. all i need now is a woman in the whitehouse who is gonna legalize weed. you know hillary IS gonna be the one.

hmmmmm.. "hillary" is gonna be the "right" one.........

KEWL!!

I doubt it, canna-med has too much $ in it to be "given" back to us,, :badday:

I have a very dear partner in life,,
"Syystemic Lupus"
my government can only allow chemical meds,,

I will do what I can,,

g'night all

G

Please don't be sad dociron................change that mood.

Ah the simpler times...........when you didn't have to wear condoms..............cops didn't bother you unless you were really being a jerk........yes....................

I have two tatoos and one is like 25 year sold and I have had it touched up twice now. Thank goodness I didn't put them where I would expand during pregnancy or sag with age. :wink:

dociron

Babe?

Babe?

pieceofmyheart said:
Please don't be sad dociron................change that mood.

You know I love you,, and yes...............

I always will :friends:

as for the thread?...............

pick up the genetics of Mexi strains,,

yep,, not all are late.

let alone "long" season. lol

Also?

Look for south african genetics,,

same latitude +/-, but "S",,

I'm tired folks,, g'night all........... Doc

Last edited:

guineapig

Veteran
i love cannabis flavours as much or possibly more than the effects......at one time almost all cannabis available in USA during the '60s and '70s was imported, eh?......well the first thing i would do is ask the Reeferman who has a knowledge of these original "land-race" strains and used one of them (Santa Marta) in his strain "love potion".....you could post this question on his forums and he is usually very available...otherwise i guess you would have to take a cannabis trek around the world and check out some pretty isolated places......you could divide up the labour- one person could take Mexico, one could take Colombia, one could take Thailand......could take forever.....-kind regards, gp out

Neuronaut

The strains of today are the lost treasures of the tomorrow. Enjoy them while you can.

Last edited:
I started smoking in the late 60s and can definitely relate to the "old school" strains.Now days, Sam the Skunkman is still the skunk king in my opinion.
Recently, I've been on a quest to acquire as many of the old time genetics as I can find. I've managed to score 3 great Hawaiian strains from friends who live there. I also lucked in to some Oaxacan and Santa Marta Gold. I really want some Panama Red but the closest I've got is Wally Ducks C99 x Panama Red.
Aaahhh, so many strains, so little time.

G

As you say rocky...i don't even got the time to grow all the strains i have now...so thinking about all those i would like to...pfiouuu, that give the desire to believe in re-incarnation :D

Sam the skunkman you said...there's no more skunk#1 at the flying dutchmen, seedsman seems to be the last to have sam's skunk in stock, you think this one will be ok?

landrace strains are the next step in my growing story, but i've got many things to do before, find the keepers in my seeds stock is one of...

Bye, and thanks all for sharing your knowledge and experiences ;)

Julian a friend just finished the seedsman skunk and its top notch.
I know what you mean about getting to all these strains. I have almost 150 strains in my collection, no way I'll ever get to grow them all.

Latest posts

Latest posts