What's new

The strangest disease in the world.

Redrum92

thank you all for your willingness to help, everything you wrote about is known to me, I know about soil and hydroponics, I have successfully grown peppers in hydroponics, I understand that you bet on simple mistakes such as too much water, wrong soil, too strong light, etc., I understand it I would have thought there myself but I am not to blame for the hemp dying tomatoes, it is the air to get me to where I am now with this knowledge, I spent 2 years trying and learning, reading articles from all over the world, I would never have thought that it's air, but when you try everything, you changed everything, you do everything step by step according to guides, according to instructions and you still suffer sad failures, then doubt comes, I had it, 2 years of struggle, loss of money, sadness and nerves, a year of break because I doubted and for 2 months I'm looking again and I think I finally have the culprit, the air is 100% to blame, the experiment with tomatoes confirms it, now I have to find out what triggers these harms We have good connections to the air, for 99% it will be the old carpet but I will find out when I replace it with a new one, thank you all again.

By the way, the English word for chemicals leaching into the air is "offgassing" or "off-gassing". Should make it much easier for you to Google similar cases and solutions. So many poor guys struggling for years with sick plants before they realize they have some paint, floor sealant, or insulation poisoning the air.

Good luck in the future

Powidok

You're talking about dry air, you're wrong. I've tried with and without a humidifier, with 30% and 75% dry air, it's not Humidity that kills my tomatoes, hemp grows in aged parts of the world, it does it by itself without human help. My tomatoes are being killed by some chemical compound that is most likely released from the carpet, I can't say 100% but 95%.

Powidok

I can 100% say that some compound in the air is to blame, this compound paralyzes the plant, the plant can't eat, can't live and slowly withers, all life processes are disrupted, I've been fighting with it for 2 years and believe me, I know what I'm saying . Similar things have happened to people with cheaper tents, I read a study of PVC carpet that said 60 different chemicals that floated above the carpet, came out of this PVC carpet, I think the same thing is happening to me, I just don't know why? from old age? maybe it was washed with caustic agents before I moved here? maybe it's old technology? I don't know that, I know it's in the air, I'll do an experiment with hemp, it's simple, every tomato and hemp stops growing between 7 and 12 days, if in a jar hemp grows healthy and without drying out after 12 days, it will be another proof that it is the fault of the air, I need to buy soil for the experiment, coconut requires more control, the earth does everything by itself and in addition I have large bottles of king crab and Orca so I will inoculate the soil with beneficial bacteria and fungi. I've never had cannabis bigger than 20cm...

beta

Veteran
Keep your plants consistently warm / humid and water them more often (do not let the coco get visibly dry) and I guarantee your problem will go away.

Powidok

Keep your plants consistently warm / humid and water them more often (do not let the coco get visibly dry) and I guarantee your problem will go away.
thank you for your time but you are wrong it's not a matter of wet soil understand that I have several varieties of ornamental plants at home, I had basil, paprika, catnip in a small liter jar that grew to a giant, I can do it, but you can't grow it plants in a situation when a chemical compound is released, our plants, i.e. hemp and tomatoes, are sensitive to this compound, in such a situation I will always be doomed to failure, 2 years it was like this ... 2 years of continuous trials and failures, then I didn't even think that it could be air... I even thought about a 5G antenna then, I was looking for them in the area, I spent a lot of money on seeds, electricity, equipment, fertilizers (biotabs, biobizz, canna, ghe) full sets, meters, water filter, various types of soil , plagron, canna, biobizz, I did everything according to the rules described in clinics and forums, it was enough to put a tomato in a jar, that is, isolate it from the air and what? healthy tomato... doesn't it make you think? what else to look for? now I just need to find the culprit of the bad air, find what is producing this harmful compound, I believe it's the carpet. unfortunately, buying a carpet for my large room is not a small expense ... I have to save some money.

William76

Whatever method u decide u hav to stick at it a little,its a learning curve,if u keep changing at a few problems you won't learn nothing.,try some big cuts if u can't keep seeds going,might be easier for u,but stick with it and keep it simple.,hope u sort it out,good luck,76

beta

Veteran
thank you for your time but you are wrong it's not a matter of wet soil understand that I have several varieties of ornamental plants at home, I had basil, paprika, catnip in a small liter jar that grew to a giant, I can do it, but you can't grow it plants in a situation when a chemical compound is released, our plants, i.e. hemp and tomatoes, are sensitive to this compound, in such a situation I will always be doomed to failure, 2 years it was like this ... 2 years of continuous trials and failures, then I didn't even think that it could be air... I even thought about a 5G antenna then, I was looking for them in the area, I spent a lot of money on seeds, electricity, equipment, fertilizers (biotabs, biobizz, canna, ghe) full sets, meters, water filter, various types of soil , plagron, canna, biobizz, I did everything according to the rules described in clinics and forums, it was enough to put a tomato in a jar, that is, isolate it from the air and what? healthy tomato... doesn't it make you think? what else to look for? now I just need to find the culprit of the bad air, find what is producing this harmful compound, I believe it's the carpet. unfortunately, buying a carpet for my large room is not a small expense ... I have to save some money.
Sounds like you've already got it figured out, godspeed with your garden brother.

Powidok

I fully agree with you, it's not like I jumped around different cultivation methods, I described my 2 years of struggle in a nutshell ... hardly anyone can imagine how I felt seeing that other people grow hemp even on cheap land, in a dirty environment and without knowledge. Of course, I started with the soil, various mixtures, weighed the pots, sprayed the soil so as not to overflow, sowed live organisms, mycorrhiza, only later I bought coconut and coconut fertilizers, everything was successively and gradually changed, not all at once, then I wouldn't worry about anything he taught me, thank you for these wishes, I hope they come true, I always wanted to have my own hemp, know what exactly I smoke, it must be beautiful, just like harvesting your own peppers, potatoes or lettuce, my heart rejoices at such a beautiful thought 😍

Powidok

Sounds like you've already got it figured out, godspeed with your garden brother.
I hope so, now I just need to find out what is smoking, I did the tests in 2 different rooms, what connects all the rooms? the same PVC floor covering, I think it's the culprit. 2 weeks ago I sowed another batch of tomatoes and gave them to my sister, she took 2 pots to her house, although the tomatoes are small but all healthy, no trace of leaves, my tomato without the jar started getting sick after 8 days, my sister's tomatoes are 15 days old and no signs of disease, they are on her window, my sister doesn't have lamps for plants, her tomatoes are small but that's not important, it's important that they're healthy, that's the key to the whole thing, when I think about it, it's unbelievable for such things to happen, I've never heard of such a thing, only here in your group by chance, by total accident I found a post about gassing cultivation tents, someone mentioned the floor once, I don't know if it was the floor of the tent? or in general about the floor in the room but I didn't have a tent, I immediately thought about my carpet and I did these experiments with tomatoes, with this insulation from the air, what's interesting ... my house doesn't smell like plastic, there's no smell, so this compound is either odorless or there is little of it, but despite the fact that there is little of it, it can poison the plant, destroy its hormones, block it and slowly kill it.

Cerathule

Sulfur dioxide will kill a plant even at very low application, once that poison enters the plant it will turn into a strong acid via 2 steps. But, I mean, do you have any proof of what's at large here or could post the name of these substances you are talking about?

TBH if something volatile would wreck my plants I'd rather be concerned with my own health safety, why don't you just get rid of that carpet?

BTW when doing a side by side comparison, you need to try to have all parameters as equal / even as possible - except for the one you are testing. At that - did you for example try to rip a piece of said carpet away and put this in one of the closed jars to see if it would then kill these once healthy plants?

Powidok

Sulfur dioxide will kill a plant even at very low application, once that poison enters the plant it will turn into a strong acid via 2 steps. But, I mean, do you have any proof of what's at large here or could post the name of these substances you are talking about?

TBH if something volatile would wreck my plants I'd rather be concerned with my own health safety, why don't you just get rid of that carpet?

BTW when doing a side by side comparison, you need to try to have all parameters as equal / even as possible - except for the one you are testing. At that - did you for example try to rip a piece of said carpet away and put this in one of the closed jars to see if it would then kill these once healthy plants?
hello, I didn't test with a broken piece of carpet, but it's a great idea and I'll do it, thank you for the idea, I'll plant 2 pots in jars, put a piece of carpet in one, then I'll be 1000% sure it's carpet. I am not able to assess what specific chemical compound kills, I read an article where they did a carpet test and the meter showed 60 different organic compounds ... 60 is a lot, which one kills tomatoes and hemp? in what concentration and quantity? I don't know, maybe my carpet is old and worn? maybe the abrasive layer has already come off, because the carpet has more than one layer, I don't know these things, I only know that the insulation from the air helps. professional measurement equipment costs a fortune and I'm not talking about ordinary ppm 2.5 air meters. why don't I replace the carpet right away? because I have a large room and replacement is not cheap, I also don't want to buy the cheapest carpet, before I buy a new one, I will test with a piece of carpet in a jar.