What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

"The state dispo traplord pheno "

Why does the G.M.O. strain at my local dispensary (Chemdog derivative, stands for garlic-mushroom-onion) smell like a cheap cellphone cover off ebay? Shouldn't it smell like weed at least??? I've grown plenty of Chemdog type strains. They've never been disgusting plastic asthma headache no positive effect trash before..

Dimethyl allyl pyrophosphate:
hy-130573 (1).gif

Precursor to the terpenoid half of many Cannabis aroma compounds.

20240318_095803.jpg

1-vinyl-group-vs-allyl-group-vinyl-is-sp2-carbon-allyl-is-sp3-carbon.gif

Theory: A buildup in the metabolic terpenoid pathway caused by unprocessed phosphate (clawed/hooded landrace leaves for decades, anyone) leads to demethylation of the vinyl group, leading to off flavors such as tennis ball, Ford tempo seats, cheap new shoes, shoe deodorant spray, synthetic banana perfume, synthetic vanilla perfume, synthetic fabrics, plasticine fishing lures, sharpie markers, film cannister, scotch tape, masking tape, packaging tape, duct tape, bandaid etc.

up80v01dksaddle_01.jpg

Is that state-legal weed, or are you just happy to seat me?

This is why my breeding operation implements 2 genetically modified pathways orthogonal to natural terpenoid production. Up regulation of certain end products is counter productive to cell maintenence. Up regulation of certain other end products leads to Indica weed (which has its place in the visual based tail end black market era.) It's going to take real breeding to show the world that haze does NOT smell like an upholstery factory.

This is living nature guided chemistry with a clearly defined end goal that not many unnatural Marijuana growers seem on board with. Thankfully the trap lords will not be allowed to market their DQed vinyl weed under future Marijuana law. Someone needed to stand up for this plant and take it out of the hands of the trap lords who have ruined it. Thank God the government is doing that under federal legalization.

Marijuana thiol:
Mercapto_Group_General_Formulae.png

R = methyl group (or other organic substituent). Whatever vinyl compounds are being produced by the metabolic imbalance, they obviously do not attach to the sulfhydryl group of cysteine. I've grown plenty of "plastic" or "carpet" or "chemical" or "mossy" flavored Marijuana that smells and tastes like delicious Marijuana, and has the positive effects of Marijuana. The local, state-legal product offering is not in that category whatsoever. It's causing health problems that Marijuana normally treats.

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
Why does the G.M.O. strain at my local dispensary (Chemdog derivative, stands for garlic-mushroom-onion) smell like a cheap cellphone cover off ebay? Shouldn't it smell like weed at least??? I've grown plenty of Chemdog type strains. They've never been disgusting plastic asthma headache no positive effect trash before..

Dimethyl allyl pyrophosphate:
View attachment 18975084
Precursor to the terpenoid half of many Cannabis aroma compounds.

View attachment 18975085

View attachment 18975092
Theory: A buildup in the metabolic terpenoid pathway caused by unprocessed phosphate (clawed/hooded landrace leaves for decades, anyone) leads to demethylation of the vinyl group, leading to off flavors such as tennis ball, Ford tempo seats, cheap new shoes, shoe deodorant spray, synthetic banana perfume, synthetic vanilla perfume, synthetic fabrics, plasticine fishing lures, sharpie markers, film cannister, scotch tape, masking tape, packaging tape, duct tape, bandaid etc.

View attachment 18975121
Is that state-legal weed, or are you just happy to seat me?

This is why my breeding operation implements 2 genetically modified pathways orthogonal to natural terpenoid production. Up regulation of certain end products is counter productive to cell maintenence. Up regulation of certain other end products leads to Indica weed (which has its place in the visual based tail end black market era.) It's going to take real breeding to show the world that haze does NOT smell like an upholstery factory.

This is living nature guided chemistry with a clearly defined end goal that not many unnatural Marijuana growers seem on board with. Thankfully the trap lords will not be allowed to market their DQed vinyl weed under future Marijuana law. Someone needed to stand up for this plant and take it out of the hands of the trap lords who have ruined it. Thank God the government is doing that under federal legalization.

Marijuana thiol:
View attachment 18975104

R = methyl group (or other organic substituent). Whatever vinyl compounds are being produced by the metabolic imbalance, they obviously do not attach to the sulfhydryl group of cysteine. I've grown plenty of "plastic" or "carpet" or "chemical" or "mossy" flavored Marijuana that smells and tastes like delicious Marijuana, and has the positive effects of Marijuana. The local, state-legal product offering is not in that category whatsoever. It's causing health problems that Marijuana normally treats.
Thanks for the comment friend. I didn't know this was even a problem until you posted on it. I know it can be hard for some people to grow their own due to health reasons. I guess those are the one's who get stuck with the funny-tasting weed. Thanks for the heads up.

CharlesU Farley

Thanks for the comment friend. I didn't know this was even a problem until you posted on it. I know it can be hard for some people to grow their own due to health reasons. I guess those are the one's who get stuck with the funny-tasting weed. Thanks for the heads up.
My original thought when I first read the post was there was... no smell because it's most probably commercially/industrially grown, with no thought, care or interaction with an actual _human_, during the entire life cycle of the plant.

Imo, it's not a terp mixture issue, it's the lack of love and attention why it has no smell, no taste and a questionable high.

Like I said, just my opinion... and we all got one of those. ;)