What's new

the real seed company ukhrul + kumaoni

thedudefresco

hi - wondering what latitude this is

Hi. California Why? What are you thinkin?

I grew two mazar and one kumaoni. Both harvested early December. The mazars both went hermie, they are good but the pollen tastes bad. The Kumaoni is stellar. It's potent, and easily medical grade. Very Sticky. Reminds me of a cali strain called SnowCap

One Mazar and the kumaoni turned purple. All three lost majority of fan leaves. Kumaoni is insanely resinous, but not as dense as the mazar. The second mazar never turned purple and tbh wasn't too great at all.

Last edited:

meizzwang

Here's the earlier pheno of Ukhrul, which smells slightly different from manipuri. Yield was decent, plant was harvested outdoors in the Pacific Northwest first week of December. It sat in cold, cloudy, rainy and foggy conditions for 3 weeks and eventually got botrytis in the buds, but had I picked it earlier, it probably wouldn't have rotted out. I think all cannabis eventually is susceptible to rot once it reaches a certain point of senescence, and I probably let this one go a few days too long.

However, it did resist stem rot and powdery mildew, which was found all over modern varieties growing right next to this plant! I still think this plant is quite resistant compared to many other strains.

I did a half ass manicure on these, and while clipping away, the aroma was extremely pungent. Aside from its delicious fruity smell, it also had some "phytochemical" aroma to it just like in CBG's Durban! that particular "layer" of smell made me a little bit nauseated! No idea if that's a good thing or bad thing LOL Buds are very resinous, and even though this plant hasn't been sampled, it's already earned a spot in the garden in the future:
49234649278_4ef6b08c37_c.jpg

49235344397_09b321d1d2_c.jpg

49234649133_e00b2146e0_c.jpg

The later "tree" pheno, which has probably 3-4x the yield, smells spot on like manipuri (as stated earlier) and the aroma is a little bit more pungent even though the buds aren't yet ripe. It probably won't finish this year, but despite the cold weather, it still has zero bud rot! I'm guessing late January as a finish date for it, will try to get more pictures when I can. I grew out Ukhrul mostly for the purpose of getting seeds (which have already been harvested), so even if the later plant doesn't mature, it doesn't really matter, it can always be grown out in the future. It's always a gamble growing these in my location, sometimes you get lucky, sometimes you don't.

squatty

I think all cannabis eventually is susceptible to rot once it reaches a certain point of senescence, and I probably let this one go a few days too long.

Congratulations on that beautiful harvest meizzwang. I quoted your words that rang true with me (also in the PNW.)

HillBillyAlien

Here's the earlier pheno of Ukhrul, which smells slightly different from manipuri. Yield was decent, plant was harvested outdoors in the Pacific Northwest first week of December. It sat in cold, cloudy, rainy and foggy conditions for 3 weeks and eventually got botrytis in the buds, but had I picked it earlier, it probably wouldn't have rotted out. I think all cannabis eventually is susceptible to rot once it reaches a certain point of senescence, and I probably let this one go a few days too long.

However, it did resist stem rot and powdery mildew, which was found all over modern varieties growing right next to this plant! I still think this plant is quite resistant compared to many other strains.

I did a half ass manicure on these, and while clipping away, the aroma was extremely pungent. Aside from its delicious fruity smell, it also had some "phytochemical" aroma to it just like in CBG's Durban! that particular "layer" of smell made me a little bit nauseated! No idea if that's a good thing or bad thing LOL Buds are very resinous, and even though this plant hasn't been sampled, it's already earned a spot in the garden in the future:
View Image

View Image

View Image

The later "tree" pheno, which has probably 3-4x the yield, smells spot on like manipuri (as stated earlier) and the aroma is a little bit more pungent even though the buds aren't yet ripe. It probably won't finish this year, but despite the cold weather, it still has zero bud rot! I'm guessing late January as a finish date for it, will try to get more pictures when I can. I grew out Ukhrul mostly for the purpose of getting seeds (which have already been harvested), so even if the later plant doesn't mature, it doesn't really matter, it can always be grown out in the future. It's always a gamble growing these in my location, sometimes you get lucky, sometimes you don't.

Whats the ukhrul effects like?