What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

the Queen is dead, long live the Queen...

armedoldhippy

Veteran
my calico porch puma lost her battle with cancer this morning. i knew the time was coming, but refused to have her put to sleep while she had an appetite & showed no signs of pain. after not moving further that the patio to sunbathe for weeks, the other day she made a farewell tour of sorts, roaming the entire yard to all of her favorite spots. t his morning, i could tell she was hurting , so off to the vet we went. as cats so often do, she got her way one last time as she quit breathing & closed her eyes before the vet could ease her on her way to that lush yard God keeps mowed short so all of the cats can see the mice & moles moving around. near as we could figure, she lived for an impressive 22 or 23 years. we had her (or she had us, lol!) for 18 or 19 years, and she was a mature cat when she took us under her paws. goodbye, Oreo my friend, and Godspeed...

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'm saddened to hear your news. Like you, I had a gata viejo that lived 22 yrs.....Sage. They are such awesome creatures, felines. She'll be missed greatly, yet what a life you gave her!

shaggyballs

Veteran
That's a real bummer hippy!
I shed a tear for you, just now.
Animals are a big part of my life and when one is gone, things will never be the same.
I hope you find peace with this real fast, but only time can heal a wound this deep.
Wishing you better time.
See ya round the school yard brother.

With deepest sympathy
Shag

Betterhaff

Veteran
Sorry for your loss hippy. She must have been very happy and treated well, damn 20 some years is amazing. Mine is going on 12 and still acts like 2. I know I will be heartbroken when her time comes. It’s amazing how attached you become to them and them to you. You said it right when you said “she took us under her paws.”

Payaso

Original Editor of ICMagazine
Veteran
Sorry you lost your friend old hippy! You had a wonderful time with that cat :)

944s2

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey Armed,,,,
all the very best of wishes and sorry to hear that you lost her,,
bet she had a great life,,,,,,s2

armedoldhippy

Veteran

the last year of her life, she spent a lot of time lying on my chest. she would crawl up so close that she could rub her face against mine before she settled in for a nap. :comfort:

armedoldhippy

Veteran

a princess in waiting. she has big pawprints to fill, but is showing great promise. gotta get her off of hunting birds & tree rats & focusing on moles & such. likes shotguns & will eat anything that i eat & offer to her. yet another adoptee...:)

944s2

ICMag Donor
Veteran
[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=55297&pictureid=1645280&thumb=1]View Image[/url]

the last year of her life, she spent a lot of time lying on my chest. she would crawl up so close that she could rub her face against mine before she settled in for a nap. :comfort:

great pic and our blue burmese girl does exactly the same to me but not my wife,,,,,,
pixie puts her face just below my chin then stares before falling off to sleep,,,,,,
i usually have to move her to the side as a furry hot water bottle on your chest in summer can be a trial:),,,,,,
all the best,,,,,,s2:tiphat:

Phaeton

Speed of Dark
Veteran
Fuzzybutt was a rescue cat my girlfriend adopted in 2004.
She left the state in 2008 and I took in Fuzzybutt.
His kidneys gave up a week ago. He was at least 18, possibly 20.

Back in his heyday as boss cat I had many photos of Fuzzy eating lower fan leaves, sometimes daily for over a week.

I took in all the children's cats as they grew up and out. 11, 13, and 17 in human years, sad days are coming.
I am torn between not wanting to see them suffer and die versus dying first and leaving them bereft.

I should stay out of personal threads and distract myself with fun stuff like wavelength versus complexity in scratch built molecules. Those are safe.

Bud Green

I dig dirt
Veteran
AOH, my friend,
Sorry I didn't see this thread last year. And even sorrier that you lost an old friend..
I've had to bury 3 of them myself. It's very hard to shovel that dirt in on top of the most trustworthy friends you've had...

Glad you have good pictures of her..
I still have pics of Sam, Rocky, and Clyde...

Latest posts

Latest posts