What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The "Possum" RIP

Hank Hemp

Veteran
George Jones passed this morning. Damn Johnny, Waylon and The Possum gone. All my Kountry Hero's I'm afraid, are going to be gone here sooner than later. :ying:

k-s-p

Veteran
He stopped loving her today. RIP George.

Who's left standing Hank? Willie and Tom T.?

Hank Hemp

Veteran
Well KSP there's me and a few others. The problem is no young bucks coming into real kountry music. I can't hardly name any they will put on "country" radio. You have to listen to Americiana or the like. Not complaining I love it and all the music like it, alt-country, hillbilly, folk/rock and the like. I've gave up on country radio many times, '70's then Ricky Scrags and Dwight Yoccum saved it. Ever notice how pretty miss Emmy Lou Harris NEVER got a song period on the radio. Maybe PBS but that's about it. There are country music "fans" who've never heard of her. Shame, shame I say. Country music' state is what's wrong with America, especially the south. No heart or soul all sold to Trashville for $$$ not for talent or to play guitar at the crossroads. Hank Williams, Johnny Cash would never make it today in Trashville, they ain't cut enough and don't sing exactly like all of the other acts today. I'm glad I'm older and got to see some real Kountry music concerts in my younger dazes.

1TWISTEDTRUCKER

Veteran
Hank 3 cant get no LOVE on radio, I have not yet explored his original material, but that young Man does Hanks stuff,,,, WELL I GET BIG OLE GOOSEBUMPS, J.C. is a CLOSE 2nd,, but The Man above just did not make um any COOLER than OLE Hank.

PEACE; Twisted