What's new

the perfect oudoor expeience?

Pumpkin

Veteran
Hrmn... hard question. it's gota be warm.. it's gota be remote.. and it's gota be somewhere i've never been. if you're going with a girl.. she has to know how to shutup and just enjoy it.

a fire would be nice and just sleeping under the stars... double swag.

don't need much else. perhaps africa in the desert somewhere.. never been there before... and there should be some good remote places and fun driving to get there.

SetHeh

Long as i didn't see any other people or evidence of people i would be happy.
+1
Also something to smoke and a nice spot to relax would be great. I've always been a lone wolf and have found solitude very soothing. The following quote by Lord Byron nails it:

"There is a pleasure in the pathless woods,
There is a rapture on the lonely shore,
There is society, where none intrudes,
By the deep sea, and music in its roar:
I love not man the less, but Nature more."

- Lord Byron

C

chase

Any time spent in the coastal redwoods is time well spent.I dont know what to say about the side note except mabey that any time you aproch nature in the right way you grow closer to it.

doublejj

Veteran
Baja Langosta's!

Baja Langosta's!

For many years we would drive down Baja twice a year, beach camping. I have a 4x4 truck/camper. I carried 2 cobra kayaks on top. We would explore all sorts of secluded beach's. We could launch almost anywhere.
The lobster were so plentiful we practicly lived on it. He are a few pic's from our Baja langosta' runs. We caught more than a few 'BIG BUGS' .

peace
doublejj
P.S. Just too dangerous to do this today!

Attachments

• 8-30-2011 baja 002.jpg
    8-30-2011 baja 002.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 26
  • 8-30-2011 baja 001.jpg
    8-30-2011 baja 001.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 32
  • 8-30-2011 Mo 002.jpg
    8-30-2011 Mo 002.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 30
  • 8-30-2011 Mo 001.jpg
    8-30-2011 Mo 001.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 29
  • 9-15-2011 Pacifico 001.jpg
    9-15-2011 Pacifico 001.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 32

doublejj

Veteran
Dogs catching lobsters!

Dogs catching lobsters!

I can only tell this story because I have pic's!
One day while beach camping Baja, we were beachcombing at low tide, and came across a tide pool full of lobsters! There had to be 100's of them. They were trapped in the pool up against a rock face. There was beach between the pool & open water. Every time a wave would spill over the beach, one or 2 lobsters would make a brake for it in the backwash. Soon our dogs were chasing & catching them. Our dogs love lobster!
I miss those days!

peace
doublejj

Attachments

• 4-6-10
    4-6-10
    111.5 KB · Views: 43
  • 8-30-2011 baja 004.jpg
    8-30-2011 baja 004.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 28
  • 8-30-2011 baja 005.jpg
    8-30-2011 baja 005.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 29

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran
the perfect outdoor experience?

the perfect outdoor experience?

involves this chick and a blanket.......

il_fullxfull.208735907.jpg

Drift13

the perfect oudoor expeience?
Any time the boat is working and the fish are biting on the flats.
What I like best about salt water fishing.....even the bait has teeth.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
standing in the surf at Hatteras flinging big spoons toward europe, fighting big blues as the waves break around you & the seagulls scream in your ears, leaning your head back when a wave smacks you so your doobie don't go out. then, when the blitz is over, easing back to the jeep to crack a jar of peach shine open & share with the other fishermen, listening to their lies. there are reasons that men go down to the sea... :tiphat:

Wendull C.

Veteran
Hiking ten miles in the cold and or heat with camp on my back solo to match wits with the greatest animal in the American west imo. The trophy mule deer buck.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
rainbow gatherings thousands of like mined people gathering in a national forest to co exist in true peaceful anarchy and have agreat time where everything is free

whitetiger, do you ever go to the gatherings in Alabama, at the Choccolocco Mgt. area ? we meet & greet the 'bows there every spring when i head down to turkey hunt. season opens march 15th this year, i think...

Latest posts

Latest posts