What's new

THE OFFICIAL: ENGLISH PREMIER LEAGUE 09/10 SEASON THREAD

daemos

Well its finally arrived for the supporters of the EPL. Its been a longtime since kick off for some, while for most of the fans we just cant wait for whats to be a very exciting and very open league as to who will take out the English Premier League crown this season. Will it be Manchester United To retain the title to make it four in a row Or will Liverpool, Chelsea and arsenal make it theirs this time round? Will the likes of Aston Villa, Manchester City Tottenham break into the top four this term and of course the dreaded chance of whos gonna be relegated to the championship like we saw last season it can happen to the biggest clubs!

With the top 4 still very much dominant and the added teams from the Championship adding to the premiership, rivalries will conitinue while new ones will begin... Every team will be wanting to make an impact. With massive signings from Manchester city, a new face at the helm of Carlos Ancolotti at Chelsea, two huge teams like Newcastle Utd and Middlesbrough being relegated, Cristiano Ronaldo leaving Manchester United for a world record transfer fee and Micheal Owen a former ex liverpool star getting signed on a free transfer to Manchester United. The Pre season I must say has been some what a bit "CRAZY" but thats Football as they say...

Hate it or love it football or "soccer" as some might call it is a big part of my life... Im a massive Manchester United supporter i was a red devil on the day i was born. BORN a RED DIE a RED as i say. You see it all stems from my dad he was born and raised in Manchester and served his apprenticeship in the railway yards of Manchester while my grandad worked on the canals of Manchester football very tough industrial jobs and football was very much a part of family life back in those days and its a fact that Manchester United when first starting out was a bunch of workmen from the railway yards of Greater Manchester known as Newton Heath so my Dads family took on United as thier club.

So now all that has been passed on to me and i will onto my kids some day. My dad wouldnt have it any other way he would disown me other wise if i supported someone else esp Man city Or Liverpool I'd hate to think what would happen. My father has seen some of the greats play at
Old Trafford from George Best (R.I.P), Dennis Law, Sir Bobby Charlton, Duncan Edwards the list could go on... Some of the stories he has told me and some of my greatest memories have been watching Manchester United play with my father (99 treble was the best). Unfortantly he left UK at a young age with his career taking him all over the world thus meeting my mum in Mauritius whos family as it was were huge United fans as well, then i was born and raised in Australia. I have only been to two games at old trafford and have been at the ground (the front) many a time when i have been to the UK on holiday.

Tho i do not live in England or live in manchester nor am i a season ticket holder at Old Trafford, Manchester United is in my blood and will forever will be. This year we have the chance at making it four titles in a row and a chance at knocking off Liverpool as the best English club ever with 19 english titles to our name which would HUGE. Tho it will be a harder this season as we have to live life after the departure of Ronaldo and Teves but life goes on and im sure will be a better "team" this year with out certain players wanting the spotlight.

Rooney will take up his favourable spot behind the main striker in the "hole" as they say with Berba upfront and in preseason i must say Berba looks SHARP and the way he holds up the ball with his strength add that with his creativity and footballing brain he will be lethal this year add that with Rooney you know thats gonna make any defender shit their daks. Owen has been employed as a back up striker and we all know he is expirienced enough and have all seen what hes capable of will this be one of the best pieces of transfer bizness that fergie has done he did it with Larsson a few seasons back whos to say that this wont work and i will be happy if Owen gets more than 15 this year with Utd. Add all that with two promising strikers comming the through the ranks at OT in the likes of Macheda and Wellback the future looks BRIGHT the future looks UNITED!

With Ronaldo gone who is gonna score the goals from midfield? Well with out the "star" i see Valencia as a great replacement. He tracks back, scores the odd goal but his assists and crosses are what he was bought for. Add Nani on the left and he has alot to prove to the united faithful this season and we have seen glimpses of what he can do and is capapble of then i see Nani having a good one. These two are the service men to the strikers and will do so very well.

The likes of Carrick, Fletcher, Anderson, Scholes, Giggs, Obertan sees enough depth, expirience and youth in the squad of midfielders with Giggs and Scholes on the way out (retiring) its up to the new gen to forfill thier potential and push the united standard all the way. One player who was missed big time last campaign was Owen Hargreaves his energy and constant box to box football was missed last year due to injury but im sure when he is back in Sept he only adds more dimension to the squad and will be the huge factor i believe in this being a succesfull season only hope he dosnt rush himself back and to be patient his time will come.

Again we have enough defenders pushing for first team placement but with a few injuries at the moment at the back for the start of the season sees United in familer ground Defender injuries. Im sure once our key defenders are back in play then we will see our defence back to normal i.e the best defence in the EPL with Vidic and Rio at the back you know you cant go wrong. Evra on the left, Gary on the right with back ups such as Brown, Evans, O'Shea, Da'Silva Twins, Ritchie etc... again enough expirience and youth for that added depth in the backline.

So i predict United to take it out and make history with Four in a row. You will see a different united this season not one based around one player but one as a whole team playing again under the "UNITED" ethos no one player is bigger than the club football is a team sport and one Manchester United is very good at our past history proves that...

GLORY, GLORY, MAN UNITED!!!

So yeah who do you support and for what reason if there is one. How do you think your team will fair this season?

This thread is to basically talk english football and the 09/10 season thats about to start. Perhaps you know nothing about English football and want to know more then this thread could help you out.

I love nothing but being stoned and watching my team play two of my fav past times rolled into one love it absolutely love it!

So Discuss away my fellow football loving stoners I would love to hear from you all, who ever you are and where ever you might be...

P.s - Gypsy im looking at you too I know your a CHEALSKI fan I would love to hear your comments!!!

Ez...Mos

daemos

Kicking off the 09/10 season:

Saturday 15th Aug 2009

Chelsea vs Hull
Aston Villa vs Wigan
Blackburn vs Man City
Bolton vs Sunderland
Portsmouth vs Fulham
Stoke vs Burnley
Wolverhampton vs West Ham
Everton vs Arsenal