What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The New Chocolate Thai

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
Yea the last good Thai imports i saw was 84/85 after that i saw one more import and it was complete rubbish.

Hash was into into the early 90s and it was real good to.
after that oz had to learn to fend for itself ,
in the long run the hash has gotten much better ,
what we make now is a whole lot better than that brown putty we used to get ,
i do miss the aroma though ,
but the quality was a lot less than we can make ourselves now ,
its probably 3 times stronger at least ..

i might go see if i can replicate the old thai in thailand ,
i have land there ,in the area known well for thai stick weed, may as well make use of it ...

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
after that oz had to learn to fend for itself ,
in the long run the hash has gotten much better ,
what we make now is a whole lot better than that brown putty we used to get ,
i do miss the aroma though ,
but the quality was a lot less than we can make ourselves now ,
its probably 3 times stronger at least ..

i might go see if i can replicate the old thai in thailand ,
i have land there ,in the area known well for thai stick weed, may as well make use of it ...
We had and still have good Thai here Wally that originate from the very best of it and also other old lines from other places like Colombia Africa so on.

You should head over and take advantage of the legal changes there now i would if i could.

I honestly still believe you can find the good Thai lines that made Thai cannabis famous still in Thailand.

Who would of thought Thailand of all places would go this direction a year ago.

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
yea it would have been hard to pick this happening for sure ,
so much more progressive than our government who just love to punish people ,
the thai government even let out cannabis prisoners ,, something ours would never even consider,
for me Australia is loosing its shine , ive thought this for some time,
once i left our shores years ago and looked back on my home
i started to see the cracks showing ,
its sad because it is a nice place and some nice people ,
but the way the place is run is letting it down ,
the government are not representative of the people ,
and they are so far removed they dont even know , nor do they care ...

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
If we see a change in the state government here and we will watch what happens.

It will start with a medical but it will be like what California had and the bill is sitting in the upper house and has since 2017. Only Labor supports law reform the Greens and most activists support corporate cannabis with no home grow.

So dont loos hope Wally.

need4weed

Veteran
yea it would have been hard to pick this happening for sure ,
so much more progressive than our government who just love to punish people ,
the thai government even let out cannabis prisoners ,, something ours would never even consider,
for me Australia is loosing its shine , ive thought this for some time,
once i left our shores years ago and looked back on my home
i started to see the cracks showing ,
its sad because it is a nice place and some nice people ,
but the way the place is run is letting it down ,
the government are not representative of the people ,
and they are so far removed they dont even know , nor do they care ...
Donald, I was born in Melbourne and spent most of my life there, 14 years ago I left for the UK and have never really looked back. The place just made me unhappy and felt that we lost our true blue culture many years ago. When I speak to my family, they think the country has really gone to shit. They can't do much about it other than move to qld and hope for a better life there

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
Donald, I was born in Melbourne and spent most of my life there, 14 years ago I left for the UK and have never really looked back. The place just made me unhappy and felt that we lost our true blue culture many years ago. When I speak to my family, they think the country has really gone to shit. They can't do much about it other than move to qld and hope for a better life there
funny you say that , im also from melbourne ,
i left eons ago too and id never go back there ,
North Queensland is way better ,
and yea the culture Australia is renowned for has died and been replaced with something very average ,
i agree the country has gone to shit mainly due to the leadership and the direction they take it,
i doubt ill even look back , makes me sad to say that to be honest ....

Mimpi Manis

funny you say that , im also from melbourne ,
i left eons ago too and id never go back there ,
North Queensland is way better ,
and yea the culture Australia is renowned for has died and been replaced with something very average ,
i agree the country has gone to shit mainly due to the leadership and the direction they take it,
i doubt ill even look back , makes me sad to say that to be honest ....
As bad as the current laws are across the States of Australia (ACT exempted) those in in WA are as bad as any in the world. Manifestly and deeply unjust seems high praise! I too remember when this was an egalitarian progressive country. The rot set in around the time the Berlin Wall came down. Putting in train the rise of neo liberal economics and truly ugly evangelical influence. They strategically infiltrated democratic governments across the globe. (Way beyond their actual numbers. Go figure). The sad part is just how enthusiastically citizens of this country embraced this regressive ugly right wing ideology. The Morrison LNP government was the pinnacle of this abject ignorance and ugliness. Building upon the ugliness that went before. This country, and it's myopic self satisfied population of materialists, became the dominant demographic... and here we are.

The current Labor Govt. is showing promise. We may just regain a few nanograms of generosity and insight in the years to come? But I wouldn't get hopes up in relation to cannabis. Its still pretty much the Dark Ages in Oz. Despite the fact that in the countries that have legalized, the sky still hasn't fallen in? The exact opposite in most cases. So I understand Mr Duck's zeitgeist perfectly. Mind you, there are some aspects of Thai culture that aggravate the shit out out of me in some respects as well. Despite the hype, as far as I know, legal THC weed is still not actually legal there? It's going to be interesting to watch how all this pans out in the medium to long run. Both here and there. Watching this shitfest of hysteria, cruelty, ignorance and misinformation with cannabis over the last 50 years, definitely put a dent in this old stoners optimism. Dare to hope I suppose.

romanoweed

do you think Thaistick will grow well in Thailand? haha

i want to plant 2000 Seeds from an old Thai-line if i find them .
Is there a possibility to declare it as preservation ? where are the Forms?, i wanna start. lol

Is it lots of bureaucracy?

One day,,,, who knows

Charles-scott

Veteran
Hey all I didn’t read everything to be honest but I read enough that I thought I might be able to add something of value .
So some of you have grown my Cambodian like the #3 and orange peako and hybrids .
So the Cambodian seeds I sourced in a guest house in Phanom Phen in 90-91 were based on my hunt for something that I bought as imported Thai but in Thailand I found nothing like and it’s actually smelled like orange peako tea to chocolate orange like those citrus chocolate balls .
After you let it air out the load that came to Vancouver packed in wooden crates and initially smelled of moth balls it was compressed and even though we had UBC Chemo that was truly AAA and Hawaiian Indica my wife and I could not get enough of her .
So I was looking for examples of her and just by Chance and totally for free I was given about 5-6 Oz for free at a guest house .
My recent in 2019 I did the same search but I found that Thailand was full of hybrids and even the green Thai that was all over back in the day was rare .
I found a very similar variety and totally pure about 1.5 hour outside Luang Probang past the falls .
Growing fresh she smelled like mandarin but when cured well this old school plant has a tendency to throw chocolate terps .

My Cambodian # 3 was bred with the same Highland Nepalese I used to breed will Nelson and shared with Canabiogen and ace way back in 03 .
This outcross and BX is the orange peako Cambodian the OPC was bred towards this character and terpene profile and has more years of work in her than anything in the collections because I love it .

I had a Chocolate Thai F4 that was clearly a hybrid I can’t remember who it’s from but it’s a common one and it was useful in hybrids I wish I had kept it like Oregon Purple Thai it’s made some really nice f1 I crossed it with hash plant and Big sir holy and they are super nice .
I think it’s important to share all the information we can these days more than ever as we see many strains vanishing because of the tendency towards poly hybrid breeding.
Your passion is so nice to see and Read sending the most warm vibes from southern Jamaican
CDS

Charles-scott

Veteran
Cambodian #3

Attachments

• 639F7EE2-3D62-49A4-9E91-12325F014E14.jpeg
    639F7EE2-3D62-49A4-9E91-12325F014E14.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 47

Mtn. Nectar

Veteran
DM…..what you describe….it’s the way of U.S.A. for many moons…
Unfortunate to think so few can do so much to degrade what once was….
plant more to offset…..

CS….…seems most all been hyb’ out…..worst part is losing the high it had….can do without smell..flavor…

ganj on…..

Latest posts

Latest posts