What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Nevils Haze and Nevils Haze hybrids discussion thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Edit
Sorry my mistake, got confused with another pic

Last edited:

Gerardbutler79

Veteran
This is one of Nevils unreleased lines that was offered only as test seed by shanti to 10 growers at Cannabis World around 2002.

Of the 10 people i was the only person to honor my agreement with shanti and i did a test grow thread on this line the rest did a runner.

This was never realest.

The seed are 20 years old now i put 11 into germination and i got 100% up.

From the 11 i had 6 dampen off leaving 5.

Shit Haze.

View attachment 18710446

These grew like Nevils Haze.
Very nice Hempy. What method did you use to germinate those seeds? Any hormones/magnets/wormbins?

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
Very nice Hempy. What method did you use to germinate those seeds? Any hormones/magnets/wormbins?

I used the coconut water method.

1/ Fill a pot with tap water boil it and let it cool.
2/ Fill a 1 Lt bottle with the water from the now cooled water from the pot.
3/ Add 20ml of 100% organic Coconut water to the 1Lt bottle of water and mix.
4/ Soak the seed in the mix for 24 hours remove and place into a chuck or paper towel and keep using the formula until there ready to transplant.

I transplanted these into a good quality coco core and continued feeding them the formula until the leaf went green then went half strength nutrient formula.

RoyalFlush

DEA Agent
Most recent pic of the HazeC male, according to Shanti.
20220516_054206.jpg

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
Thats a nice looking male Funkyhorse i select my males and i also smoke test my males by taking the small leaf ( Not the shade leaf ) from around the flowers and smoking them. Tastes like crap but it gives you an understanding of potency and type of affect it will carry into the matting.

funkyhorse

Males dont seem to be very popular in the cannaworld, I like them
One of the male selection criterias have been to be able to smoke them. Resin can be extracted from these guys
I used this one a little bit as well this year for some more inbreeding but all what has been said about haze I am finding it is truth and it applies not only to haze
This is the remains of an F2 from my favourite girl Seedsman Hze x Ohz90, resin on stems is a criteria
Seedsman hz mm fem 1 f2 male.jpeg
Seedsman hz mm fem 1 f2 male (3).jpeg

This is the remains of the Smoh BX male stem
Smoh bx male.jpeg
Smoh bx male (2).jpeg

What I am impressed is by the fact last year my haze males were all intersex and their progeny and all my males are sexually firm this year having been grown in the same environment
I have seen the green oldtimer haze males which are Sacramento sativa are very similar. CG72 male has been resinous too. Probably the crews growing them at that time in California where in contact
In the F2s of the Seedsman Hz x Ohz90 cross or viceversa, I am seeing much more variability than expected
Girls are less vigorous than the F1s, but they are not lacking resin. Best results by far have been outcrosses with males. Outcrosses with girls are not so vigorous as one would expect but the outcrosses with males bring vigorous plants, specially when crossed to landraces or pure races

With CG72 I am finding it is similar. Outcrosses with male are very interesting and full of vigour and the CG72 F2s are disappointing and lack resin and vigour but I dont see the variability I see with the haze outcross
Oldtimer haze males are not popular but I believe outcrossing them will bring similar results. I dont know if it will bring inbreeding depression F2ing, next year I will know

Mangobiche CBG males are all intersex. They go intersex outdoors, it is natural trait. I am suspecting it will happen the same as with haze, probably better outcrossed. The question is if it is better to outcross the boys or the girls

Have a nice sunday everybody

Piff_cat

id really like to know what jacks true pedigree is. ive always thought someone made it while nev was locked up with a clone that wasnt supposed to be used. like... maybe bc? thats one thing ive never understood how bc just disappeared off the face of holland. nev said it was the best mating(outside of first haze) what happened? how was it lost? i kno nev didnt keep haze b, but he referred to bc many times. where did she go?? is this the same pheno which was throwing out the varigation cannatorium??

CannaT

starin' at the world through my rearview
Premium user
Its well known fact that Jack Herer seeds are close to A5 and A haze lineage in Holland....

I think that @JohnnyChicago said that this varigation comes from NL and I think that also too....or with mix of Neon Green Haze and dark Shiva Sk.....
At first I tought that its BS but now I see that many phenos look Sativa but they are ready on 8-10 weeks....next weekend I will harvest few that have varigation cuz they are ready at 8 weeks....I will post all phenos in my topic Jack is Back...I have 22 of them.....

And on O.Haze used in JH its like this....Neon green plant that start like bush and at 25 days or so showed few white hairs....and start straching I had 2 females and 1 male like that.....as you can see Its neon green plant. And it was most Haze dominant of all.....when I switch to flower they nothing react...on 11/13....after 25 days they showed sex....so I killed them didnt have time for it...and I dont search phenos like that.....I have about 13 phenos but not 100% shure in numbers....which have big calyx like A pheno or C jack and NL5xhaze.....that is the trait and phenos I am looking for.
Also have some SK1 phenos that brake steams how heavy they are and smell fruty......Im hoping for this NL5 x haze catalogue pheno of Jack, one early finisher and most resinous one that smell like A5 but its aorund 8-10 weeks harvest time....and have 3 phenos that are like my that I lost very skiny big calyx......In a month all of them will be harvested after day 63 im goind to 8/16 so it will speed up even more this selection....

hz.jpg

Neon green O.Haze pheno of SS Jack....If someone have time,space and money O.Haze phenos are very easy to find in this seeds cuz of its special color neon green.
First 3 weeks were 11/13,then 10/14 and after day 63 it will be 8/16....

Lights on 23C ,35% humidity
Lights off 18C ,55% humidty......

I dont expect any pheno that left that will need more than 77-80 days.
Last one will be this NL x Haze pheno I posted before.

Last edited:

CannaT

starin' at the world through my rearview
Premium user
id really like to know what jacks true pedigree is. ive always thought someone made it while nev was locked up with a clone that wasnt supposed to be used. like... maybe bc? thats one thing ive never understood how bc just disappeared off the face of holland. nev said it was the best mating(outside of first haze) what happened? how was it lost? i kno nev didnt keep haze b, but he referred to bc many times. where did she go?? is this the same pheno which was throwing out the varigation cannatorium??
I have info that Sam made Jack Herer seeds....but im not shure 100%....with help of owners of Badrocan...and at thet time Nevile was hanging with them....

So if Sam is here and willing to talk about this theme, It will be great to know what was that neon green haze like ?

Piff_cat

i tend to doubt sam had anything to do with jack because that was his main accusation of nevil that he passed a pure haze clone to sensi. not saying its true but they definitely had fallen out by then. sam isnt capable of being honest about haze pedigrees for the simple fact that he sold nevil early f gen seeds that were irreplaceable and wont admit its earlier then what he has. sam knows alot about haze but is not a reliable narrator because he refuses to acknowledge the origin of haze a or c.
the interesting thing about jack is that its supposed to be a 50/50 f1 with a full haze parent, where as ssh is 50 percent but a double f1, c5 x skhzc. this resulted in a huge difference in progeny.
with the heavy limonene and delta carene its not typical haze A progeny,or maybe it is rare pheno. this is why bc mating could make sense. but if bc was used it could have put out similar types as A because of the recombination of mating b to c(since a, b ,c are likely all siblings) this could be a case of transgressive segregation, where 2 lines with a common ancestor are put together and the resulting progeny show extreme phenotypes not seen in either parent. unlike hybrid vigor which goes away at f2, trans segregation is heritable.

the a5 x ohz plant mad mac has is a great example.
he posted that the mating is very superior and irregular. kinda like one of those best friend necklaces where each friend has a half but put back together makes whole.

dj said the bedrocan cut is an original jack h f2, pretty sure it wasnt nevil who got the big money bedrocan paid by then it was sensi property and ben got paid. lots of lines around that time with mystery pedigrees we may never know for sure. either way really nice plants!

a5oohz.jpeg
a5ohz.jpeg

mr.brunch

Veteran
I’ve always guessed jack as nl5xhaze x nlxskunk as they were their top two lines- would seem to be the natural progression.
Who knows. I liked jack last time I tried it, often thought about growing it but it’s a lot of £ to drop on a maybe.

Status
Not open for further replies.