What's new

The moon is bright!

Noonin NorCal

Veteran
Wednesday night, its bright out....

Is anyone planting seed plants tomorrow? it will be a full moon and looks about the right time!

Swamp Thang

Veteran
Never heard of the moon influencing the sprouting of seeds, but since the moon's gravitational pull is powerful enough to effect the oceans high and low tide cycles, it stands to reason that seedlings, whose moisture content is very high, are similarly drawn out of their shells, towards a full moon.

F2F

I dropped a second round 24hr ago. Last batch was new moon and they jumped out fast. Curious to see how the full moon does.

Noonin, what’s your experience? Love to hear!

Cheers
F2F

yardgrazer

As it happens I just put some seeds in a glass of water, but in the northeast we're in for one more week of very cold nighttime temps... and then hopefully we're out of the woods for this year (fingers crossed). Might even see a little snow between now and Saturday.

Bud Green

I dig dirt
Veteran
I mentioned this elsewhere this morning, but yeah, that was a bright moon last night..

it even freaked out Cat Stevens...

Attachments

• cat stevens.jpg
    cat stevens.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 24

BadTicket

ØG T®ipL3 ØG³
Veteran
It's the last supermoon of 2020.. Should be brightest today or tomorrow morning, depending on where in the world you reside. :tiphat:

"Full of the juice that carries the spaceship as far as it wants to go... Because when the moon is blood red, the heavens have opened up from above and the Warriors have spoken! You’ve got the power to make the skies rumble and the earth shake! In the sheets of the wind, then I will survive!"

- Ultimate Warrior

tenor.gif

:tiphat:

RudeDog

Veteran
Full moons are for harvesting, have you not heard the term 'Harvest Moon'? Gardening by the Moon is not that simple. Cannabis being a flower should be sown when the Moon waxing and in Gemini, Libra or Aquarius, zodiac air signs. When the Moon is waxing it is pulling at Earth's water so it will draw water up from the ground, maximum pull is just before Full Moon. Therefore if you sow seeds a few days before a full moon water will be drawn in to the seed making it pop and grow. After a full moon the Moon starts waning and it's gravitational pull lessens allowing plants to throw down roots. Then when the new moon arrives the Moon starts waxing again and a healthy plant will grow on those lovely strong roots.

This works well for cuttings also.

Latest posts

Latest posts