What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

the Mexican Landraces Thread

Galaz

@elchischas Saludos Chischas, por el momento no se vende mucho lo local en el Estado, está caliente la movida en las Sierras y las rancherías; usualmente lo que se consume es yerba híbrida de otros lugares del país, si preguntas a los dealer, no saben de dónde viene la yerba o qué nombre tiene. Tengo semillas que conseguí hace unos años en Pinos de un señor ya con sus años fumando, aunque no sé sí sea lo que buscas, de cualquier forma escríbeme y te comento más.

"Zacatecas x Sierra de Pinos"

ZC-MACHO '22 (4).jpg

20210429_201015.jpg

blondie

Hola amigos (y amigas?) . Made the decision last night to pop four more beans. Two Oaxacan highland gold seeds hit paper towel last night!!! (along with a freebie white widow and blue berry something) . These will take their place next to my punta roja plants. Seeds are oldies, from 2016 -2018 likely. All 2016 PR popped though so hoping these two will also. Another Old strain 6 out of 10 germinated, after sandpapering the seeds twice!

Incidentally these seeds came with another bag o seeds simply labeled “Oaxacan” . I’m assuming it’s a hybrid of some sort but I’m going to pollen chuck at some point and see what happens.

Zero Hedge

Veteran
Is there any conclusive information about how canna got to the Americas? Was it through slaves? Explorers? Priests? Across the Bearing Straights? Part of Pangea? I just am trying to wrap my head around the dates. Thank you

goingrey

Is there any conclusive information about how canna got to the Americas? Was it through slaves? Explorers? Priests? Across the Bearing Straights? Part of Pangea? I just am trying to wrap my head around the dates. Thank you
Vikings took cannabis to L'Anse aux Meadows in Newfoundland, Canada.

Read more about it in the prestigious scientific journal "The Sun" :D

The settlement has been carbon dated to the year 1021.

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
^^ The strains are from the seventies, so originally they are older than that. Who knows, but old lines. See some yellowing of the leaves so the Acapulco Gold may be dominate. Not real AG but anyways. hehe

When I grew the Suroeste the AG side was dominate. Not my thing but some like it.

willydread

Dread & Alive
Veteran
Both varieties were donated to me by a user, Copalita originally comes from @RC_Colas , I don't know the harvest year, Suroeste is from snowhigh, and I don't know the year either, I made the cross two years ago...
Copalita was fantastic, good in terms of taste / yield / effect, Suroeste was full of seeds, but I managed to recover a couple of seedless spliffs and I really liked it, even in the effect ...

Last edited:

bonghopper

Just read through the whole thread, well done to all who see the light and are taking the time to search for and grow out and save these lines and unique highs.
With my limited outdoor Mexican experience - Mextiza & Purple Satellite - these have become my go to for effect and flavour, I would love to see if there are pure Mexican strains that can grow up here at cool 53°N
Looking forward to seeing more beautiful Mexican flowers

RC_Colas

Veteran
Both varieties were donated to me by a user, Copalita originally comes from @RC_Colas , I don't know the harvest year, Suroeste is from snowhigh, and I don't know the year either, I made the cross two years ago...
Copalita was fantastic, good in terms of taste / yield / effect, Suroeste was full of seeds, but I managed to recover a couple of seedless spliffs and I really liked it, even in the effect ...
Copalita collection year at source was 2010:)

OntologicalTurn

Definately its the verde limón pheno, really huge and dense colas. When this "version" began to distribute Charlie told me that if I want to try it, and he explained me that this pheno was found in Argentina. He used it just as a feminized version of Destroyer at that time,now i realize that was in order to offer a very comercial product.
I have had the fortune to try all the Destroyers
from its earliest days
basically my old friend "Estai" took care of the destroyer project.
In those early years here in Mexico we fall in love with the "pearl Thai" pheno that came out in the first packs, it was a spectacular smoke that surprised everyone who tried it. later in recent years someone told me that they had removed that pheno from recent reproductions of Destroyer. When I had the chance to try this feminized Destroyer we were pleasantly surprised at how high a yield she had, but when smoked she was not as potent as others we had.
many things are said about this "verde limón" selection of the destroyer, everyone assures that it is what Dutch passion sells as "Desfran" Good grower friends have told me that it is the same clone taken from Argentina...
Unfortunately there's no more destroyer at sales, but fortunately here in Mexico,a very good friend of mine and very skillful grower made a huge Destroyer reproduction for years and found two super powerful Destroyer phenos, one Thai and the another Colombian, this two selected cuts are in my opinion,the best of the best of Destroyer..
anyway some old photos of this Lemon Green pheno.
View attachment 18742289 View attachment 18742290 View attachment 18742291 View attachment 18742292 View attachment 18742293
Así que ese fue el origen de famoso fenotrigo? pense que era yo por haber dejado unos machos grinspoon jeje

elchischas

Veteran
Así que ese fue el origen de famoso fenotrigo? pense que era yo por haber dejado unos machos grinspoon jeje
En el cruze Destroyer, el que produce el fenotipo de "espiga" es la parte Thai;que dicho sea de pasó son los más potentes. La verde limón aporta sobre todo aromas y producción.

The pheno dr.greenspoon on Destroyer hybrid its the Thai side of it. Verde Limón strain on it just give dense buds.

OntologicalTurn

En el cruze Destroyer, el que produce el fenotipo de "espiga" es la parte Thai;que dicho sea de pasó son los más potentes. La verde limón aporta sobre todo aromas y producción.

The pheno dr.greenspoon on Destroyer hybrid its the Thai side of it. Verde Limón strain on it just give dense buds.
Lo digo porque de unos años para acá es bastante común acá en México encontrar esa mutación en grupos de FB de adolescentes con sus primeras plantas. Y si las plantas que he tenido con esa mutación están entre las mejores que he probado. Oye carnal pues a ver si pasas el contacto de tu compa el que preserva la destroyer Thai hagamos un trueque o algo, pues Cannabiogen tuvo problemas y aunque aún tienen semillas desde hace unos años ya no han podido cultivar, o eso me dijo Rafa Martin, así que dependerá de los cultivadores preservar los distintos fenos de la destroyer.

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
michoacan.JPG

This is Michoacan dominate bud from Snowhigh. I think there were several Michoacan lines during the 70's and earlier, but this is just like what I had back then. It was never sold as Michoacan or even Mexican. The deal was, they would sell me pot if I had the cash.

SUPER_HAZE

Hello, I have several packages of oaxacan gold ps from proseeds. Now it is discontinued. Does anyone know where this line comes from or know anything about it? I have not seen any information here in the forum.

The Pearl-Stem Oaxacan Gold has a unique growth pattern where it grows single calyx at-a-time stacked on one another covered in shiny resin glands which look like pearls on a stalk. This line was selected for the best high we think out of the Oaxacan Gold line which is more euphoric and trippy in some sense. The flowering time can be a little longer with these. Around 16 to 18 weeks. Some going 20 weeks. The aroma is like fine incense and spice with notes of citrus. Almost like frankincense and myrrh. Burning a joint of her will leave the room smelling like a ritual was performed hours after the joint was put out. This line is best suited for the true sativa-heads who are looking to take on the challenge of a true pure long-flowering sativa with a high to match.
OaxPS-2.jpg
OaxPS-1.jpg

Latest posts

Latest posts