What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Last Top!!

LizardMan

I was just wondering when everyones general cut off date for topping their plants outside is and why!

Im at 45 deg north and im debating about doing one more topping by the end of the week, i know it usually take 1-2 weeks to completely bounce back from being topped, which at that point i would be starting into early flowering..

Should i go for it or let the ladies be?

LizardMan

Okay paddi, i like your style haha. So ill just do the couple tallest branches and see if the bud structure has a big difference or none at all.

It would been nice if i had 2 clones of the same cultivar to do a side by side on!

LizardMan

Well i topped at the end of july start of august not 100% sure of the date (I should of wrote that down!)...

This is the difference it makes for budding top structure that late into veg / early flower.

Top 2 are of a topped branch and the last 2 are of a un-topped branch (The plant was topped several times through out veg, topping before this was Most likely 2 weeks earlier)

20200901_193423.jpg

20200901_193426.jpg

20200901_193434.jpg

20200901_193438.jpg

Hard to tell but the cluster in the first 2 pictures comes from one branch that is a foot or 2 below, and the last 2 are of a single branch un-topped directly beside it goes down about 3 feet before hitting main branch... Ill be curious of the weight and structure...

LizardMan

I will tag the 2 branches i have pictured and cut them separate to look them over... I.e. like 2 feet worth of stem.