What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

*The K.I.S.S. Method*

Rushoe

Last feeding was at an EC of 1.5, I don't know what conversion scale you're using for your 1330 ppm. But my conversion scale is .5, so that's 750 ppm. My tap water comes out at an EC of .2 (100 ppm). So, assuming that you have a meter that does .7 instead of .5, your EC/ppm should be about 1.5/1050. Add your tap water in there and you're almost at 1330 ppm (@.7)

So, yes, you should be fine. No guarantees though. But plenty of people feed that strong, and stronger. You're in coco anyways, so if it is too much (doubt it) then you can just give them some plain water and flush it out.

P.S. - In the future, if you're going to refer to PPM when asking a question it would be not only helpful, but crucial that you list your conversion scale... or at least what meter you're using. Hanna uses .5, most of the others use .7, but not all. EC is really the best consistent scale to use for measuring nutrient concentrations. It's not hard to do the math real quick, makes it easier to answer your questions.
Ok kool bro I see what u are saying I was just to lazy to word all this up but check it out I have a TDS HM DIGITAL meter I'm not sure if its .5 or .7 I will look into that right now and get back to u.Thanks again for the help.

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
Last feeding was at an EC of 1.5, I don't know what conversion scale you're using for your 1330 ppm. But my conversion scale is .5, so that's 750 ppm. My tap water comes out at an EC of .2 (100 ppm). So, assuming that you have a meter that does .7 instead of .5, your EC/ppm should be about 1.5/1050. Add your tap water in there and you're almost at 1330 ppm (@.7)

So, yes, you should be fine. No guarantees though. But plenty of people feed that strong, and stronger. You're in coco anyways, so if it is too much (doubt it) then you can just give them some plain water and flush it out.

P.S. - In the future, if you're going to refer to PPM when asking a question it would be not only helpful, but crucial that you list your conversion scale... or at least what meter you're using. Hanna uses .5, most of the others use .7, but not all. EC is really the best consistent scale to use for measuring nutrient concentrations. It's not hard to do the math real quick, makes it easier to answer your questions.

milehigh... we are growing some of rez's cdd,bx,strawberry diesel in waterfarms, using canna nutes.. we are feeding the ladies at 4 weeks at a rate of 450/500 ppms, that is using a nutrawand, and our wellwater shows zero on the nutrawand.

at 450/500, the ppm's are pretty steady, but if we increase to say 600, the next day the ppms would spike to maybe 700, which to our mind means the nutes are too high... the plant is drinking more then it is eating... is this correct??

and the question is how the hell are guys feeding at 1000/1250/1500?? we are grwoing some heavy feeders and at those high doses would think we'd burn the shit out of em...

am i missing something??..thanks

G

Guest 18340

I just mixed a fresh batch to feed my moms in Promix.
Using my Hanna pen (.5 conversion), my tap water was 380ppm and mixed with 1 tsp/gal gave me 1160ppm...:)

Rushoe

My tap comes out at about 240 with maxibloom @ 7 grams a gallon at .5 conversion with HM DIGITAL TDS METER ppms read at 1330 still seems high for veg for me.what do u guys think??????

R

Rysam

HA OG just picked last night.
MB & ProTekt from day 1 in vert hempys.

all I can say after chopping 2 plants is WoW. this is by far the frostiest plant I've ever grown indoors. I cant wait to burn down.

picture.php

Rushoe

HA OG just picked last night.
MB & ProTekt from day 1 in vert hempys.

all I can say after chopping 2 plants is WoW. this is by far the frostiest plant I've ever grown indoors. I cant wait to burn down.

picture.php

Nice bud u got going there ..... How would u say it worked out for u using the maxibloom for an og?????And also did u veg with maxibloom as well???????If so what was your ppm at for the vegging part ???

R

Rysam

without smoking it, I would say it worked fantastic. the BC i pulled last nite looks even better, but obviously the camera on my fone sucks.

I went from day 1 with MB & Pro-tekt and a blast of epsom the last few waterings.

I didnt vary my recipe at all from veg to flower, didnt take PPM's either, just mixed overnight with a powerhead. Im far too lazy to get more involved.
5 tsp MB
3 tsp Pro-Tekt
5 tsp epsom (as needed)

I would venture a guess that I pulled 4-6 oz from each plant with a 30ish day veg, but it's not dry yet. theres several nugs that size, a couple bigger dongs and very little larfyness.

I love the vert, but I think my 1k is too much. IMO dropping to 600's would have upped the final #'s even more.

Rushoe

without smoking it, I would say it worked fantastic. the BC i pulled last nite looks even better, but obviously the camera on my fone sucks.

I went from day 1 with MB & Pro-tekt and a blast of epsom the last few waterings.

I didnt vary my recipe at all from veg to flower, didnt take PPM's either, just mixed overnight with a powerhead. Im far too lazy to get more involved.
5 tsp MB
3 tsp Pro-Tekt
5 tsp epsom (as needed)

I would venture a guess that I pulled 4-6 oz from each plant with a 30ish day veg, but it's not dry yet. theres several nugs that size, a couple bigger dongs and very little larfyness.

I love the vert, but I think my 1k is too much. IMO dropping to 600's would have upped the final #'s even more.

very nice I am gonna run them on my motherplants to test them out.I was thinking of grabbing the maxigro for the ogs and chems.....But if this works well then even better.

Ioni Botani

I see your using the RW croutons...how you like em Cyat? Watering every day, or only when light??
Thx. for the input!

EDIT saw it said Classic seeds, not GHS. Sorry for the mix up m8!

-IonI

cyat

Veteran
Hey Ioni. I like em cause they can go into coco or hydro and hold lotsa air. I have em double cupped and I water when light.

stinky33

hey cyat,

do they fall apart when you transfer to coco or whatever? looks like a lot would fall away and if too wet/heavy might also tear near the newest roots, thus causing some root shock.

is there a transfer technique or are my assumptions incorrect?

thanks.

cyat

Veteran
hey cyat,

do they fall apart when you transfer to coco or whatever? looks like a lot would fall away and if too wet/heavy might also tear near the newest roots, thus causing some root shock.

is there a transfer technique or are my assumptions incorrect?

thanks.

the roots hold em together

Rushoe

I would think the maxigro would work better for the og's and chems but that bubba and lvpk look great....What is your ppm with one tsp of maxigro with tap????And do u have any ogs??????that is eating the same looking as good?????

cyat

Veteran
I would think the maxigro would work better for the og's and chems but that bubba and lvpk look great....What is your ppm with one tsp of maxigro with tap????And do u have any ogs??????that is eating the same looking as good?????

pppms are pretty high , over 1000 with my 250ish tap
My bubba needs lotsa nitrogen but I just let it fade in flower. maxigro in veg and 2 week stretch, then maxibloom regardless of strain. I wouldnt feed an og or anything a veg formula in bloom. These babies got a spoon or 2 of biosol time release organic pellets, creates some great mold on my coco. the coco is recycled in 5 gal bags.

Latest posts

Latest posts