What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

*The K.I.S.S. Method*

MtnLivin

Where is the yellowing happeneing on the plant? Lower leaves, top?
what medium are you using? I veg with the same 1 tsp/gal and no yellowing at all.

It's mostly the new growth/whole pant.. It's def an N deficiency. I hit one of the plants last night with some extra N to see if anything would change today and the plant looks wayyyy more green than the rest already. I am growing in straight canna coco.

Aerohead

space gardener
Veteran
anybody try this in an undercurrent system? i`m fixing to make the switch as my current nutes aren`t working out too well.

You are in luck, this guy is trying it here and it looks real good so far.

Thanks OP for this, what an excellent thread, I really want to try this someday. I thought Lucas was simple, this takes the cake, seeing some very good results from this.

SensiBC

Anyone using Maxi with RO water in Hydro yet? Just wondering if you've found the Maxi to need a CalMag boost or if you're having good luck with just the Maxi alone.

If you're using CalMag, how much are you using?
Sealed room with C02 or vented?

RicoT

Anyone using Maxi with RO water in Hydro yet? Just wondering if you've found the Maxi to need a CalMag boost or if you're having good luck with just the Maxi alone.

If you're using CalMag, how much are you using?
Sealed room with C02 or vented?

Read the thread, my man.:blowbubbles:

down2grow

^^There's been people that did side by sides with RO vs tap and there was difference. Go back a few pages & you'll see the tap plant looked better than RO. Don't waste water bro!

D2G

SensiBC

^^There's been people that did side by sides with RO vs tap and there was difference. Go back a few pages & you'll see the tap plant looked better than RO. Don't waste water bro!

D2G

My tap is as clean as some peoples RO. My problem is that Maxi alone equals hardcore Mg def with my strain and environment. Supplementing with Calmag now, started light and have been working it up to where I am now which is 10ml/gal CalMag and 1tsp/gal Maxibloom. Just beginning to see the Mg def clear up a bit at that feed dosage. That's roughly 500ppm of Calmag, plus the maxi, putting my ec over 2.5 for vegging plants. Seems excessive, but anything less showed deficiencies.

Just trying to find someone in the same boat, as the Kiss methodology seems to be falling a bit short over here.

SensiBC

Been looking for that Rockstar for a long time, Sensi

It's a killer strain, best I've had in my room by far. Got it from a friend of mine, who got it from a friend of his. Unfortunately that guy got popped, so I'm the only one I know who still has the genetics alive. Need to keep it around, because I can't replace it at this point. Only thing I've smoked in recent memory which I consider to be better is the Tuna, which the H-A's have a stranglehold on from what I understand.

tester

I'll weigh the maxibloom for yah, but there is no way to judge how much pH adjustment you will need everyones water is different. I use tap water and it's not the same pH all the time. you gonna have to get some way to test pH.

a level teaspoon weighs 6.5 grams

Thank you!

But whatever I do, I always get only 5 grams for 1tsp of any feritlizer salt.
(I don't have Koolbloom so I used different fertilizers for the measurements)

gdtrfb

have you seen my lighter?
ICMag Donor
Veteran
My tap is as clean as some peoples RO. My problem is that Maxi alone equals hardcore Mg def with my strain and environment. Supplementing with Calmag now, started light and have been working it up to where I am now which is 10ml/gal CalMag and 1tsp/gal Maxibloom. Just beginning to see the Mg def clear up a bit at that feed dosage. That's roughly 500ppm of Calmag, plus the maxi, putting my ec over 2.5 for vegging plants. Seems excessive, but anything less showed deficiencies.

Just trying to find someone in the same boat, as the Kiss methodology seems to be falling a bit short over here.

generally speaking, i'm a lazy bastard - i'm only gonna mix one batch of nutes. in a series of grows using only RO/maxi, there would inevitably be at least 1 different cut that showed a mag deficiency (and in one instance, a calcium def) while all the other girls were just fine with maxi alone.

i'm not sure if it is that the calcium and mag that is in maxi powder is in insufficient quantity, or if it's that the calcium and mag in the powder has a harder time attaining solution and just sorta stays in suspension (those odd flakes, maybe?) unable to be used - but one way or another, there's enough cal/mag there to keep almost all the plants i've come across happy...but 'almost all' means there's some plants that need more.

recovering from a deficiency is a hard way to gauge how much of something to use, but it takes a whole run to get that feel for how much to use from the get-go to avoid the def in the first place - i'd offer up what i do, but (again, lazy bastard) i don't exactly get out the graduated cylinders and measure shit. i use about a cap full (off of the botanicare quart) and a half per 5 gallons of water, then add maxi to attain the EC i'm after - for the last couple of runs, this has worked perfectly, even with the exact cuts that had showed a def prior

so i start off with 5 gallons of water at about .15 EC (yah, i need a new membrane), add the 1 1/2 caps of calmag, this takes the EC up to about .3. after that, i add 1 tablespoon (not teaspoon) of maxi to the 5g of water and mix - this takes the EC up to about 1.6. this is perfect feeding turf for me, but...then again, i'm doing mostly sativa plants of late. things may be different with what you're trying to feed.

edit: all of this is assuming your ph is happycakes. running just a hair too low can make a situation where you can feed gallons of calmag, and still end up in deficiency-ville.

Last edited: