What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

*The K.I.S.S. Method*

I'm running Maxibloom in Promix BX, seems like a no-brainier for a first time multi-strain seed grow.

My tap water is very soft, Ranges from 60ppm min to 100ppm max (@ .5 conversion) You guys think I should be adding some epsom salts?

PH comes out to about 7, seems on the low side for tap, I mixed up some 600-700 ppm at the most recent transplant and it put me at like 5.5 ph, I ph up'd it to around 5.8-6.0, seems my PH up takes quite a few drops/gallon to make any noticeable change. Like 6-8 drops of PH Up to raise it .5 points, does this sound right? Meter is accurate, it's an Orion & I have fresh calibration fluid & it's all good.

Some thoughts about the undissolved white stuff that settles to the bottom of the reservoir:

1) Perhaps it is inert, a part of the fertilizer mixture that contains no nutrients, and so who cares if it does not go into solution.

2) Perhaps it is where all the heavy metals (that some people are concerned about) go. If so, maybe it’s just as well it doesn’t go into solution.

3) Just maybe it’s undissolved phosphorous, potassium, or other essential nutrients that we are denying out plants because it will not dissolve.

Ideas?

RicoT

Try shaking mb to be used, with a lil hot tap in a closed bottle first. Then, adding that concentrated, but now homogenous mixture, to your res, and mixing?
I do this with my organic tea mixes, with MUCH greater results than just mixing in my watering res.

Ioni Botani

I use a maxI jet 1200 to mix.with warm water it usually dissolves with a quickness.the issue i get is my res. Smells reallllly bad after maybe 3days.

DONT use airstones, and if you do use an inline hepa filter or whatever...which is only complicating things much further...

I like a good water pump stuck to the side of res...then turn it on to break the surface tension...also some H202 (Hydrogen Peroxide) in the tank every 48hrs...If you can't get the concentrated shit (30%), the regular WalMart brand will do, just add more of it...

I was having this problem so I did a full change out, scrub down, sterilize, H202 treatment. They loved it! Also I was testing the runoff from Hugo blocks, it was a little high about high 6.5. So my res was mixed loooow, 5.5 on the head. That should bring em in check, and hopefully will halt any yellowing in the leaves.

Still getting the hang of growing myself, trying to find all the things that work well for me.

Keep up the good work gentlemen, OG the Globe!

IonI

M

merlot

Without knowing that this tread existed, I switched swiched over to Maxi-Bloom about six months ago. I did it out of desperation. After receiving a 10% pay cut at my job, I was forced to either quit my hobby or economize.

The fellow at the growshop told me that MB would not do the job because it did not contain all the necessary micronutrients. The label said otherwise. I left the store having spent $15,00 instead of the $200.00+ that I once thought necessary.

Results have been equal, if not better. I could have made several mortgage payments with the money I had wasted over the years. Oh bitter regret!

I have but one issue. MB will not fully dissolve, and so there is a residue that settles to the bottom of my tank. Yet everything seems to be okay.

The MB brings my PH way to low, I do nothing about it, and everything is working out fine.

If you don't want the residue, then dissolve the MB into some warm water in a gallon jug... shake up.. will mix evenly then put in your reservoir or container to feed ;)

dubwise

in the thick of it
Veteran
I mix mine in gallon jugs with a warmish water and things disolve fine. In contrast, I don't have hot water at the second site, veggie home, and the floramato (1 part) used there is much more difficult to dissolve in the water. I've got a 5 gallon container with a couple of airstones inside which have helped dissolve things much better. The later uses more moving parts which can go bad and waste time and effort.

Ioni Botani

I definitely started pre-mixing with hot water in a gallon jug... such a big difference. Not only did everything dissolve a lot better, but the pH came out differently than beforel! So, it's reasonable to assume that whatever isn't being dissolved is NOT inert, but rather something important. From now on, that's how I will always mix.

K+++
Say true gunslinger.

Warm water shake is mandatory...gotta get all that shit..assuming different components dissolve at different rates, I don't wanna be missing out on anything.

P

Purple Monster

Day 35 Mob Boss, maxibloom only w/ 300ppm tap water straight out of the tap.

1S4FL.jpg

*cues jeopardy music*

She's pregnant too. :eek:

P

Purple Monster

I love me some MobBoss!!

She should be swellin the fuck up any day now!! I got some big ass buds with the MobBoss

I wonder how much she'll swell! Be curious to see her in 5 weeks.

I knocked her up soooo hard w/ mob boss pollen. lol. :D

MyGreenToe

My plants are lovin the maxibloom. I use it alongside SM-90 and silica blast, and that's it. Adjust pH, and go!

The link in my sig to the 6 site RDWC shows my current grow with mb, check it out.
picture.php

Keep it Green.
MGT

Claude Hopper

Old Skool Rulz
Veteran
Originally Posted by milehighmedical
I definitely started pre-mixing with hot water in a gallon jug... such a big difference. Not only did everything dissolve a lot better, but the pH came out differently than beforel! So, it's reasonable to assume that whatever isn't being dissolved is NOT inert, but rather something important. From now on, that's how I will always mix.

In areas of mineralized water the bottom of a water heater tank will fill with precipitated minerals. In my area water heaters often fail because of lime buildup several inches thick.

I would think that the hot water that has lost it's lime would have a lower PH than straight from the cold tap.