What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

*The K.I.S.S. Method*

dansbuds

Retired from the workforce Bullshit
ICMag Donor
Veteran
qiuck question guys ..... i'm useing RO water 20ppm & 7.2 ph with just Maxi nothing else . My ph after mixing comes out to 4.2ph & I have to use 2tsp of GH ph up to bring it up to 6.0 .... is there something else besides the PH up to bring my PH up to where i need it ? was told that Maxi has enough calmag in it that i shouldn't need to add it unless a strain shows a def .... usually in flowering 3rd week or so . just tryin to cut back on the trips to the hydro store for ph up . would molases bring it up & give me the added sugars too ?

ambertrich

Veteran
Dansbuds, you can use a silica product to raise your pH. Somethink like DynaGro's Pro-tekt or Botanicare Silica Blast. The silica is basic and will raise your pH and helps to strengthen the plant cell walls which helps your plants prevent disease and strengthens the plants stems.

Haven't used pH up in years since using silica on the regular. My tap is about pH 8 and 180ppm out the tap, and after adding Maxibloom, Pro-tekt, Clear-zyme powder, CalMg and drip clean pH is about 6.7 and ppm around 1000. Takes just a tad over 2ml/gal GH pH down to get a final pH of 5.7-5.8.

(I add 2ml/gal of Pro-tekt every water starting from seed to flower-coco in smart pots and E&F)

Green lung

Veteran
qiuck question guys ..... i'm useing RO water 20ppm & 7.2 ph with just Maxi nothing else . My ph after mixing comes out to 4.2ph & I have to use 2tsp of GH ph up to bring it up to 6.0 .... is there something else besides the PH up to bring my PH up to where i need it ? was told that Maxi has enough calmag in it that i shouldn't need to add it unless a strain shows a def .... usually in flowering 3rd week or so . just tryin to cut back on the trips to the hydro store for ph up . would molases bring it up & give me the added sugars too ?

With RO water you will probably need Cal/mag.

To help with your PH mix tap water and will it make it alot easier to bring your ph to 5.8-6.0

I don't use cal mag because I use straight tap water and my starting tap water is about 300ppm.

dansbuds

Retired from the workforce Bullshit
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thank you ambertrich & MHM ... wiil grab the protekt or silica blast & try that ... really want to stay away from the chemical ph ups if i can .

thanx again guys .

C

Cheeb

Grotek Pro-Silicate is also a very affordable potassium silicate / pH UP product.

- -

Its more rare then AN Up, but Hesi pH Up is a very concentrated UP.

Stankonia

I came across the k.i.s.s method not to long ago when i just happen to buy some fnb..I started using and had good results..But i think i'm gonna make the switch to MB not only for price but the fnb is really messy stuff..

Hey everyone, I am on the third feed with MAXI,
I have been giving full tsp maxi to G of h20. Every water.
h is
My Tap water ph is 7.3 ish, PPM 290.
I have to drop 13 drops of PH up To the G of h20.

And WOW, they are doing Fantastic! and its a huge load of my back using tap water. Really happy so far, I am growing some bag "kush" and i have 5 C99 + 3 Chemdog x Menage a Trois. they are only few weeks from seed. But yeah lots of Maxi pics to come.

mrktwiz

QUICK QUESTION;

Can I use the K.I.S.S. system growing in soil (Happy Frog)? Or is it only for hydro applications?

Thank you

mrktwiz

Works very well in soil... As stated about 10000 times already :dance013:

thank you x 10,000 heh (actually I didn't want to crawl through 60+ pages of thread to get the answer you so kindly provided for me because to be honest, I am feeling lazy and stoned atm.)

G

Guest 18340

Good point you brought up milehighmedical, K+.
Some soils are heavily amended so take that into account with ANY nutrient you use, Maxibloom as well. But yeah, Maxibloom works perfectly in soil.

I'm using it in happy frog, be sure to give it a watering or two before feeding.

It seems as though maxi isn't that suitable for veg. While it works OK, the plants seem to be asking for a little more N. Using the grow for veg and bloom for bloom seems like it would be the most logical meal plan.

Otherwise my maxi experience has been fairly pleasant. Make sure you don't feed every time. I had a build up problem when I fed every time at 750-900 ppm at .5 conversion. It will build up easily. Maybe you could get away with it if you used drip clean but it'd save to alternate. I'm gonna run it side by side with h&g before I fall in love with it.

compost

I was curious with soil if anyone uses a reduced KISS formula but uses it every time they water. Lets say your using the regular 1tspn/gallon version. If you fertilize every 3rd application in soil instead you could fertilize every watering and just use 1/3 of a tspn/gallon with small run off?

I am curious for a few reasons. The first is it gives you more consistency with PH with your plant as you give it the exact same thing every time. When you are using the regular kiss you are using a ton of PH up when you fertilize and then a lot of PH down when you just water. The other reason was I was intrested in going with a self watering program again like blumats. With this method you could keep your rezz filled with 1/3 to 1/2 strength solution(depending on your plants fertilization needs.) Then just once a week or 2 give it a small flush.

Just some food for thought see if anyone was already doing it.

I tried doing it at 5g per gallon achieving 750-900ppm and ran into some problems but I bet reducing it would work great and eliminate potential guess work.

Well we started the KISS with my moms. Theyr a li'l bit scragly lookin but they look like theyr likkinit. They we'r eatin ffgb3-2-6 and wer a bit neglected but theyr takin to the MB real nice.

We got 25 cuts off them before we fliptem too. Theyl go in coco in iglu coolers in bout a week anna half but these wer put in flower the 4th.

Is 5.4 - 5.5 to low for my ph on these? I could bump it up a bit if I need to but is 5.4 ok?

Attachments

• SANY2739.jpg
    SANY2739.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 15
  • SANY2740.jpg
    SANY2740.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 12