What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

*The K.I.S.S. Method*

komrade komura

Yo guys...am in the second week of flowering and am using the lucas formula from GH wet nutes, Bloom and Micro with a dash of Cal/Mag. (because I can't find maxibloom in the uk)

Current formulation is:

Bloom: 3.5 ml/litre

Micro: 2.0 ml/litre

Cal/Mag:1ml/litre

New to coco...and reminds me how forgiving soil was...hahaha. Although I suspect coco washes just as good in the shower as soil did.

Evlme2....I noticed that you water with nutes everyday and want to know, when does this start in the plant lifecycle?

My girls are in full stretch and like parenting a teenager, they might benefit from daily steak meals instead of alternative watering and feeding every 2 days. Each plant gets 1 litre of water each time (6.5 litre pots)

Should I switch to daily feeding now? Chronic and Motivation...or experiment a little from my current cycle?

And if anyone wants to comment on my formulation...I would love to have my sums checked and compare notes.

So far this methods is definitely gonna set a personal best for health of the plants in the grow. I love the simplicity....same shit every feed in the same quantities. I write the ml on the bottle caps and don't have to change it ever. Toker heaven.

Regarding flushing: I have read lots of threads on this and the smart kids seem to have a consensus.,,and I accept it...2 weeks. And it checks with Jorge's book too.

G

Guest 18340

Yo guys...am in the second week of flowering and am using the lucas formula from GH wet nutes, Bloom and Micro with a dash of Cal/Mag. (because I can't find maxibloom in the uk)

Current formulation is:

Bloom: 3.5 ml/litre

Micro: 2.0 ml/litre

Cal/Mag:1ml/litre

New to coco...and reminds me how forgiving soil was...hahaha. Although I suspect coco washes just as good in the shower as soil did.

Evlme2....I noticed that you water with nutes everyday and want to know, when does this start in the plant lifecycle?

My girls are in full stretch and like parenting a teenager, they might benefit from daily steak meals instead of alternative watering and feeding every 2 days. Each plant gets 1 litre of water each time (6.5 litre pots)

Should I switch to daily feeding now? Chronic and Motivation...or experiment a little from my current cycle?

And if anyone wants to comment on my formulation...I would love to have my sums checked and compare notes.

So far this methods is definitely gonna set a personal best for health of the plants in the grow. I love the simplicity....same shit every feed in the same quantities. I write the ml on the bottle caps and don't have to change it ever. Toker heaven.

Regarding flushing: I have read lots of threads on this and the smart kids seem to have a consensus.,,and I accept it...2 weeks. And it checks with Jorge's book too.
KK:tiphat:
In general, daily waterings commence once I see rots poking out the bottom of the pots in veg.
Also, I transplant one time before flower and go thru the same wet/dry ritual. And again, once I see roots they get fed every day. (When I see roots I don't mean one or two. Thats why I'll slide the pot off to see if the roots are swirling down the sides)
Kinda like soil, a few decent wet/dry periods and roots grow like mad looking for water.
They're two weeks into flower? I'd feed them daily for sure.

Gsizzle

ICMag Donor
Veteran
It'll be cool if somebody did a showdown between Maxi vs FNB!

D2G

I have ran both before. I can say both give great results. I have not did a full run with the Maxi because I ran out during a run so just switched over FNB. So I cant really compare them plus with different strains. The only difference I can see between the two of them besides Nute profile. I would use Maxi if I wanted to run a sterile system and use FNB if I wanted a lil organics in the mix. Some systems won't due well with FNB. Especially with rez that don't have aeration. Might have to do a side by side cause I'm curious myself. Looking through this thread a lone you cant go wrong with either. If you just starting out might be better to go with Maxi cause its more people using it so more info to pass around to get the best out of the product. One side note about FNB is I get more compliments about the flavor. That could be cause of my new flushing technique lol.

Last edited:
Hey Evl! What do you think bout puttin rooted 8" - 10" clones directly into flower?

I was thinkin bout rootenem in li'l 3" pots and then when they were well rooted, I figured Id transplantem into theyr final containers, 10 gallon iglu coolers. 2 to a cooler.

Mabey I should vegem for a week after transplantenem into the coolers but then after mabey a week of veg I was figurinen on flippenem. Waddaya think of that?

I'l be puttin 6 under 2 x 600 watt lights. Its a bit hard to describe but Im puttin 2 clones in each 10 gallon cooler, Then Im gonna line it up so that I got a cooler, then a light, a cooler, then a light, and then a cooler, -all lined up parallel. Il be doin this 4 times in a 11 x 14 room.

Hows this all sound?

G

Guest 18340

Mabey I should vegem for a week after transplantenem into the coolers but then after mabey a week of veg I was figurinen on flippenem. Waddaya think of that?

Exactly what I would do. Going from a 3" pot to a 10 gal cooler is a big step, even for a well rooted plant.
Your light setup I don't understand, lol.

toasted1

just from my experience ima say ur wastin coco/nutes/space with 10 gallon pots for 8-10" plants :2cents: i veg for a month or 2 in 2.5 gall with a 400watt and by the time i transplant into 5gall they r around 3-5' tall then when harvest check roots and they dont even fill the 5 gall completely

that has been my experience im still tryn to get the right potsize/vegtime/yeild consistensy for my grow

- = light _ = cooler

_-_-_

^^ ur setup right?

stay safe
:smokey:

G

Guest 88950

i too am trying to find the right size container for coco, i just moved to a smaller pot and still room for roots so i may go smaller.

im using 8" sq pots currently.

G

Guest 18340

just from my experience ima say ur wastin coco/nutes/space with 10 gallon pots for 8-10" plants :2cents: i veg for a month or 2 in 2.5 gall with a 400watt and by the time i transplant into 5gall they r around 3-5' tall then when harvest check roots and they dont even fill the 5 gall completely

that has been my experience im still tryn to get the right potsize/vegtime/yeild consistensy for my grow

- = light _ = cooler

_-_-_

^^ ur setup right?

stay safe
:smokey:

toasted1 is spot one. You can grow huge plants in pots of coco that would be root bound if the medium was soil.
From my observation, the plants seem to grow more vigorously when the roots are packed into the pot.

slackx

Veteran
Just switched too Maxibloom from full canna line after reading this thread and some testimony from Purple Monster. Fed one plant it as a tester (killer queen kush) next day plant went from yellow to neon green...find out what tonight instores.

I completely love this thread and the info, i hope im punching myself in the nads for spending so much on nutrients this past year. The simplicity of it makes me and my plants so very happy, also scored a free PPM meter and maxibloom because the gentlemen felt bad i was a Canna user getting robbed.

Also do any of you use molasses, boost, or any other yield booster?

Does MB give better buds then the FNB? or are people just using the maxi first becuse it is cleaner? or a powder? or what....

I have a shit load of FNB but all the info is about MB are there many people that have tryed the lucas with fnb???????

R

Rysam

I'm using MB because its inexpensive and it works. I'm cheap and lazy, its a perfect match.

Do folks generally supplement the maxibloom with a calmag or epsom salts? I've been considering taking the leap, mixing fertilizer can be a pain, and I suffer from the laziness as well.

G

Guest 18340

Do folks generally supplement the maxibloom with a calmag or epsom salts? I've been considering taking the leap, mixing fertilizer can be a pain, and I suffer from the laziness as well.
It seems to me that in general it's mostly people who use RO water that need the added cal/mag.
Myself and all my friends, we all use tap water so we don't add cal/mag.

slackx

Veteran
Just switched too Maxibloom from full canna line after reading this thread and some testimony from Purple Monster. Fed one plant it as a tester (killer queen kush) next day plant went from yellow to neon green...find out what tonight instores.

I completely love this thread and the info, i hope im punching myself in the nads for spending so much on nutrients this past year. The simplicity of it makes me and my plants so very happy, also scored a free PPM meter and maxibloom because the gentlemen felt bad i was a Canna user getting robbed.

Also do any of you use molasses, boost, or any other yield booster?
:bump:

P

Purple Monster

newwwwp, nothing but maxibloom and ph up or ph down, depending.

this goes for veg, flower, moms, clones, seedlings, everything.

nothing else.

i think evl2me adds some koolbloom , i might try that sometime.

dubwise

in the thick of it
Veteran
Why doesn't everyone do this? I mean, holy cow....this is so easy and the plants are doing just fine. I'm so glad you kind folks threw this up here....I am a believer.
I've incorporated this method with my tomatoes & basil.....1 part Floramato and those babies look great!

compost

Scrolled through alot of pages didn't see how often people are using it when watering with soil. Just curious how people are doing it.

G

Guest 18340

I have a small bucket of powder KB that I'm trying to finish off so I'm back to using it after laying off it for awhile. No particular reason other than laziness is why I stopped.
Mind you I'm in coco; I add 1/2 tsp/gal in addition to the MB for the last 4-5 days of feeding before my two weeks plain water flush.
Remember, this is what works for me. Your results may vary:)

P

Purple Monster

Scrolled through alot of pages didn't see how often people are using it when watering with soil. Just curious how people are doing it.

If by soil you mean an amended soil mix, then I would probably be feeding maybe once every 3rd watering at full strength to start off, and go from there.

I am using a ratio of 70/30 or 80/20 of promix to perlite, no amends, and I feed full strength mb every other watering, when they dont get fed its just ph'd 6.0-6.2 tap water.