What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Haze Hybrid Thread

Ncali

Veteran
That double SourD A5 SSSDH, looks evil! LOL That combo of SourD and haze hybrid makes for some real rocket ride weed, heart palpitations, anxious moments and drawn out stoned stupors! Can't imagine what A5 and more sour does..hahaha
Thank you, evil is kind of what I go for in some sativas.... the ego slayers, the spirit guides, the cave divers of inner conciousness, to the deep and dark we go....

Anyways, I hope this girl is that. The SSSDH has that in her. Her aunt is lemon and church incense, and is actuly sharing the same tent right now. She is about 3 weeks into flower, shown below.

I really like that combo of sourd x haze. I'm a big sour diesel fan, though I don't think everyone who talks about it recently has the real/original cut. I smoked it in the early 2000s, before some questionable imposters entered the scene. It isn't nycd. It definitely has a strong headrush onset, like very pronounced. I like it mixed with a good hazey plant. I'm not always a fan of ssh/jack Herrer types (I prefer a clean rocket ship nevils) but in sssdh ssh & sourd does pair well. The a5thai brings something different and gentle/happy to the origin sourd a5thai side. So, we'll see how things play out. I grew this plant to see what lies in this gene pool, just get a little indication what directions things took after the cross....

But, big resin soaked calyx stacking on small strings, packed into bundles that make delicious looking sativa "buds"... I'm going to happily search this gene pool.

20220814_145304.jpg

Passenger101

LOVE IT!
HOBBY HARD!!!!
:tiphat:

OK, so no pics.
Can you tell us something about your Quaze?
Where/when you got it, how it grows, what the taste/effects are?

Most people have no experience with Quaze.
Seed finder tells us Quaze is aka Dr Grinspoon from Barney's Farm.
Barney's Farm has a horrible rep for stealing breeders work and renaming the seed form of it when they sell it as their own work.

The "pearls on string" flower expression that Grinspoon is famous for is accessible in certain selected lines of Seedsman oHaze making the rounds these days.
Most growers aren't willing to pay the price in time and yield for the qualities of effect that the smoke delivers. At least, not more than once :)
Makes sense that it would be worked into hybrids to try and overcome those undesirable growth traits.
What was your experience with it that impressed you enough to make it such a big part of your breeding?

I'm assuming that you used it as a male since it was crossed with so many other strains?
Easier to take pollen from one plant and apply it to many females than to deal with many males all trying to dust the girls at the same time.
You understand that pedigree listings should always put the females first and the male last. That's why I bring this up . . .
Your pedigree listing may have the parents reversed/backwards.

Those percentage numbers you are inserting into everything is confusing as hell and unnecessary.
You don't need to say "50/50" when you are listing a cross of (plant 1 x plant 2).

For example, this line of yours is listed:
The Eye of Cthulhu Prophecy - Quaze 50% x (Durban Poison (Sensi Seeds) 25% × Cinderella 99 (B.Grimm) 25%)
and could be written as:
The Eye of Cthulhu Prophecy - Quaze x (Durban Poison × Cinderella 99)

No need to list the breeder of famous common lines unless you are calling out a significantly unique provenance.

Are you saying that you used original Bros Grimm C99 that you purchased yourself or just saying that Grimm made C99? If they were originals, you probably want to list the year the seeds were released.
Most of the old Grimm work used in lines today came through multiple breeders who preserved the lines after Grimm went dark. Thus, calling out Grimm on a line everyone knows suggests they are original from Grimm.
Anything listing Sensi as the source should also list the year as their seed quality has varied WILDLY in different periods of their history.

If you are not gonna make a point about those origin details, the pedigrees would be much easier to read without what you ARE including.
By all means though, that kind of detail is stuff you want in your own notes.

Anyway, a bunch of unrequested feedback and a few questions. Hope you take it in the spirit intended.
Cheers!
Wow Raho,
That’s quite a bit!

First of all you’re totally right about me flipping the pedigree. I’d like to blame it on my Dyslexia, and the fact that I’ve never used any male plants, but that doesn’t really fly. I know it works that way with animal breeding, I guess the female pollen confused me.

So on to the Quaze Haze question. I got the seeds from a Dutch coworker here in the US. I think it was 5-6 years back, so 2016 or 2017. She said some family member ( maybe her brother) bred weed in the Netherlands. I told her I was super sensitive to weed and anything with even a little indica makes me tired, forgetful and just generally shitty feeling. She went home for the holidays and brought me back 12 seeds marked Quasar, and a bunch of delicious stroopwafels. Over about a year I germinated the seeds. A couple died, but all the rest were female so I assume they were feminized. They were all fairly uniform in size, taste and effect. Tall, thin leafed, very fox-tailed,very easy to clone, light citrus haze flavor. The high for me has no ceiling, but I’m a lightweight. It’s very energizing with little to no paranoia The effect can last for 3-4 hours and when it wears off there’s no side effect, no tiredness, you’re pretty much right back where you started.

There were two plants that flowered faster (around 10 weeks) so I crossed them. Their offspring is what I’ve been using since. I’ve got around a thousand + female seeds hanging around, if anyone wants any.

Here’s the sad part of the story. I got two Barney’s farm Dr. Grinspoon seeds back in 2019 to see how similar they were to my Quasar/Quaze. They were pretty F-ing similar. The taste was a little more haze on the two Grinspoon and the flowering time seemed a little longer, but the size and foxtails were the same and the high was pretty much identical.

That’s all I can write today, but I appreciate your help and I do have some more questions about ISO ( Int’l Standards Organization) classification of strain percentages. :sasmokin:

ISO part was a joke, but I do have questions.

Peace,
Roy

Raho

Veteran
Wow Raho,
That’s quite a bit!

First of all you’re totally right about me flipping the pedigree. I’d like to blame it on my Dyslexia, and the fact that I’ve never used any male plants, but that doesn’t really fly. I know it works that way with animal breeding, I guess the female pollen confused me.

So on to the Quaze Haze question. I got the seeds from a Dutch coworker here in the US. I think it was 5-6 years back, so 2016 or 2017. She said some family member ( maybe her brother) bred weed in the Netherlands. I told her I was super sensitive to weed and anything with even a little indica makes me tired, forgetful and just generally shitty feeling. She went home for the holidays and brought me back 12 seeds marked Quasar, and a bunch of delicious stroopwafels. Over about a year I germinated the seeds. A couple died, but all the rest were female so I assume they were feminized. They were all fairly uniform in size, taste and effect. Tall, thin leafed, very fox-tailed,very easy to clone, light citrus haze flavor. The high for me has no ceiling, but I’m a lightweight. It’s very energizing with little to no paranoia The effect can last for 3-4 hours and when it wears off there’s no side effect, no tiredness, you’re pretty much right back where you started.

There were two plants that flowered faster (around 10 weeks) so I crossed them. Their offspring is what I’ve been using since. I’ve got around a thousand + female seeds hanging around, if anyone wants any.

Here’s the sad part of the story. I got two Barney’s farm Dr. Grinspoon seeds back in 2019 to see how similar they were to my Quasar/Quaze. They were pretty F-ing similar. The taste was a little more haze on the two Grinspoon and the flowering time seemed a little longer, but the size and foxtails were the same and the high was pretty much identical.

That’s all I can write today, but I appreciate your help and I do have some more questions about ISO ( Int’l Standards Organization) classification of strain percentages. :sasmokin:

ISO part was a joke, but I do have questions.

Peace,
Roy
Great reply Roy :)
I liked the stroopwaffel thing too ;-)

Love the sound of the effects. Sounds like what I love in haze myself.
I'm looking forward to seeing what happens with your gear and glad you are sharing here.

Mimpi Manis

I love haze!
. . . and because I love haze, I love haze hybrids.
To me, an infusion of the right haze can improve the quality of high for almost any strain.

=========================
Why do I love haze?
There is a magical quality from those old Colombian genetics that brings me right back to 1978, a kid riding home on my bike after smoking some rich Colombian brown, and as the effects started to come on, the energy of natural world opened up around me and connected with my soul like a computer connecting with an unseen wireless network.
I was plugged in!
The radiance of the sun, feeling that energy on my skin.
The light filtering through the tree branches and leaves above me. Sparkling green and gold electricity. Alive and communicating.
The wind not just in my face from pedaling hard, but swirling all around me, alive, and feeding life. Tree branches swaying in the breeze like a dance. I was very much aware of passing THROUGH it. The sound as it whipped past . . . turbulent . . . a signal of progress.
The smells. It was springtime and there were flowers and fresh turned dirt from the farmers field on my right. Asphalt heating up beneath me. All charged to release by the heat of the sun.
My movements were fluid and smooth. My body charged with the energy that surrounded me and that surged within me.
Limitless. Painless. Euphoria.
And that was just the beginning :)
Yeah. Haze does the exact same thing to me now. 40 years later.
When I realized that MNS Haze C and Seedsman's oHaze were pure Colombian that hit me exactly like the Colombian I smoked the first time I got high, I felt like the luckiest guy on earth.
As a grower though, I preferred a different structure, shorter flower times, and I had LOVED the hashy smell and taste of indicas since I grew a bunch of them in '82.
So I have to admit I was afraid of disappointment when I grew a batch of oHaze hybrids I made with pollen from my oHaze male on a bunch of elite cuttings held by a great friend.
Chem D, Chem 4, ECSD, OGkush. These are notoriously potent and smelly indicas. Would my oHaze be lost in the mashup? What kind of effects could I expect?
Growing them was easy enough. The flower time shortened to around 12 weeks. The buds looked amazing, slightly looser than the mothers that made the seeds. Smells somehow altered with a the addition of rich Colombian cocoa earthy spice.
Although each of the 4 hybrids retained the unique character of the mother in taste and effect, they had all been infused with the addition of taste and effects from the oHaze male.
The magic was still in them!
Yeah, the OG x oBoy could blast me to flat line when I first started smoking her, and the others were definitely not as clear headed as the oHaze (electric, amped up, sometimes too much.) But I LIKE the hybrid effect. Like being wrapped in a warm blanket when looking at the stars at night.
After a while, I found that I could handle any of them at any time. Just took "practice" LOL.
It become my daily ritual. Coffee and my hybrids, on the porch with my dog. Experiencing all the magic haze can bring as the sun and wind started their dance with the trees surrounding my yard.

Why make another haze thread?
I am making this thread as a place to come and discuss your favorite haze hybrids. Whether you bred the seeds yourself or got them from another. Bought the flowers or grew them.
This thread is wide open to discuss anything you want about those lines.
I don't even care if you want to come here and explain why PURE haze is better than a hybrid, but if you do, you must do it with respect to other people's preferences.
I would also expect you to make your point once and then let it go. Posting the same old points over and over again is nagging, tiresome, and and a foolish way to try and change anyone's thinking.
If you can't do those things, I'll ask the post killers to do their jobs.
So . . . Haze x NL? SSH? Blue Dream? Haze x Malawi? Haze x Lapis Mountain Indica? Mango, Ghost Train, Johnny Blaze, Nevil's Haze, Amnesia, Titans haze, you name it. Please bring it all here!
Share your pics, share your grows, and share your smoke reports
tiphat.gif

This thread is the place for you. And everyone else who shares the passion for a great balanced Haze hybrid.
Looking forward to all the great stories and info!

PS: Like they say on youtube, please "Link" "Like" and "Subscribe"

Most famous Haze Hybrid EVER:
Nevil's NL#5 x Haze A

picture.php
Interesting and articulate post my friend. I have blue d x ka5/bd xz99/red diesel x ka5 and rd x z99 that vape pretty well. Some nice euphoria which i like. Some nice body effects which i have begun to appreciate. Especilly now im dealing with chemo. Will run some of these again.

Passenger101

:dance013:

I'm currently in the process of harvesting seeds of my new Haze hybrid.
As of today, it's been 21 weeks of flowering time for the 3 Haze females.
They were started on 12/12 from the start.

This is their pedigree.

Oldtimer's Haze (f) X Crockett's Sour Tangie (m)
I had some Crockett’s ST from a dispensary in Colorado and it tasted more tangerine like than tangerines. That sounds like it should be amazing.

Piff_cat

outback haze #3 x north vietnam(tlt) by dj9. number 2 pheno. fenotrigo outlier call her resin on a stick. pretty cool all buds are calyx stacks not just top. immense resin by far the most also looks to be early finishing compared to longer phenos. excited for f1 outcrosses with her or further line breeding

first pic here is most recent of main cola. sorry bout the orange my buddy didnt turn hps off

next pic shows the lower bud area of the 2 fenotrigo plant and the huge number 1 plant to the right. very cool how all the buds are fenotrigo
ov2and1.jpg
ov1and2.jpg
jungleotops.jpg

peek into outback jungle. close side has some longer flowering expressions. far side has mostly the standouts= #1 in corner the aneuploid monster #2 fenotrigo and then around the corner is o5 haze one of the older selections of outback females but to djs nl5 repro male. switched around from the original m/f. dj remade the nl5 line using i think peak seeds dr. atomic and wove in swamis 84 oregon nl5 clone only x (nl5 x haze c f3). selected for resin structure and low odor to let outback shine. i got 1 female the first batch i popped only 4. she ended up being everything youd want in a hybrid. nh36 leaning pheno called mary incredible resin sticky but not dense good yield and eurphoric high(tested branch)
hellocashcrop.jpg
mary10.jpg
marybcray.jpg