What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The first days of summer are here in Scotland. Here we go

Gents and Ladies, the days of summer have finally arrived where I am. The sun is out, it is more than warm enough to wear t shirts outside during the day, and the frost has gone at night. The sun was bright and hot yesterday and its even hotter today, it feels like Spain today where I am. I'm going for a walk shortly to revel in it. The forecast is good for the next few days as well.

I reckon you could plant seeds in mini outdoor greenhouses about now and they would grow fine, as I dont think there will be any more frost, although saying that I wouldnt risk it as there was snow a few days ago, but I have this feeling that, that will be the last snowfall of scotland from "winter 2010" and the next snow we get will be "winter 11"

Although I still say its not a good idea to just incase, I have planted from seed outside at around this time before, around 6 or 7 years ago now, and they all grew very well and were quite developed by the end of April. Having said that it was milder for a prolonged period the time I did that, but the weather I planted them in was no better than it is today. Summer is HERE. There is no denying it now, no way of getting around the fact summer is here and the grow season is NOW UPON US AND ITS TIME TO GET GOING AND MAKE SURE ALL SITES ARE PREPARED. you dont want to be running around like a headless chicken at the last minute, I'm constructing my outdoor greenhouses in the next few days.

the season has officially started

2011 season starts now

JGP

Still a bit cold for OD growing but getting nearer each day.I planted a few out lastyear around mid april with out any problems, going to start germinating soon. :)

libby

I won't plant outside yet for another 8 weeks, and would be cuts, not seed, north of england, still gettin frosts.

DruidsStash

The colds not left us yet, still lots of snow about and if ya put yer bare arse to that soil it'd probaly stick. The freezing level was at the sea thursday night for a good time so any greenhouse/tunnel would have to be heated and idealy bubble wrapped too. High pressure next week should ease the weather down a bit, but there is still cold weather forecasted till the end of march in Scotland, good news for the ski resorts.

Full moon tonight so a lotta folk will be starting seeds ;)

DruidsStash

I'm part Hippy, i have a love for the wrong kind of horse power to be classed as a full on one.

There's going to be a lotta snow melt over the next few days with a lotta rain falling out the sky.. Fingers crossed we get a good season and summer..

Latest posts

Latest posts