What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Exploratory Laboratory

rasputin

The Mad Monk
Veteran
The Exploratory Laboratory
or: the musings of a madman

Welcome to the Exploratory Laboratory. The purpose of this thread is primarily to document new seed selections and breeding projects. Along the way I’m sure some other topics will be addressed.

We're going to hit the ground running as I already have a tray of seeds started. Here's the line-up...
picture.php

picture.php

rasputin

The Mad Monk
Veteran
Less than 48 hours from directly sowing in soil we have some action. 43/48 above ground.

Give the stragglers a little extra time, they usually show up.

picture.php

Starting a fresh batch of LAB
picture.php

rasputin

The Mad Monk
Veteran
We are off and running. Final germination rate is 45 out of 48 or 94%. Few points off my average but I'll take it all things considered.

Here are the individual break-downs...
Animal Cookies x The White 10/10
Ghost OG S1 5/6
Sour Dubb x Orange Kush 6/6
Bubba Kush x Tom Hill Haze 4/4
Chem D x Topanga PK 8/8
Chem Sister x Topanga PK 9/11

picture.php

rasputin

The Mad Monk
Veteran
Went to the rally in Boston over the weekend. Had a fun time hanging out with some familiar faces from icmag as well as some new friends. Coincidentally some friends of mine were heading up there for a different event so we all took the train and met up afterwards. Nice way to cap off what has been a pretty damn good summer.

Some samples from TacomaComa, all fire! Thanks again amigo!

Sour Nev Haze; haven't smoked it yet but it looks and smells very nice. Saving it for the right time!
ZWsSjiL.jpg

Tangerine Haze; smoked this one on Sunday morning. Made for a nice chill high with zero groggy comedown. Fun stuff to puff on.
28UEDfp.jpg

Sensi Star; smoked a bowl or two so far. I really like this one. Has a nice punch with good flavor. Looks good too.
Ig3o8Dc.jpg

This last one came from a buddy of mine who isn't on forums or IG. I gave him some ChemD x Topanga and Chem4 x Topanga. I smoked the Chem4 before I took a picture but this is the ChemD x Topanga. Camera pics look like shit but you get the idea. Nice PK smell on this one with a little ChemD funk in the background. Stony buzz which is similar to both parents but it's not sleepy exactly, more like slow motion.
IYPtG8i.jpg

rasputin

The Mad Monk
Veteran
Update time. Most of them are on their third node starting on a forth. Likely going to up them into 6” pots this coming weekend.

Starting to develop some personality.
picture.php

rasputin

The Mad Monk
Veteran
Thanks fellas.

Been a little longer between updates than I would have liked but we're still rolling along in the lab.

Group shot
picture.php

Infinitesimal

my strength is a number, and my soul lies in every
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Went to the rally in Boston over the weekend. Had a fun time hanging out with some familiar faces from icmag as well as some new friends. Coincidentally some friends of mine were heading up there for a different event so we all took the train and met up afterwards. Nice way to cap off what has been a pretty damn good summer.

Some samples from TacomaComa, all fire! Thanks again amigo!

Sour Nev Haze; haven't smoked it yet but it looks and smells very nice. Saving it for the right time!
View Image

Tangerine Haze; smoked this one on Sunday morning. Made for a nice chill high with zero groggy comedown. Fun stuff to puff on.
View Image

Sensi Star; smoked a bowl or two so far. I really like this one. Has a nice punch with good flavor. Looks good too.
View Image

This last one came from a buddy of mine who isn't on forums or IG. I gave him some ChemD x Topanga and Chem4 x Topanga. I smoked the Chem4 before I took a picture but this is the ChemD x Topanga. Camera pics look like shit but you get the idea. Nice PK smell on this one with a little ChemD funk in the background. Stony buzz which is similar to both parents but it's not sleepy exactly, more like slow motion.
View Image

Nice samples from TC, that sensi star looks awesome!!

rasputin

The Mad Monk
Veteran
Hey rasputin, what veg nutes and soil/amendments are you using? Those look pretty good.

Thanks, budsicles. These particular plants are in reused soil. No veg nutes per se, mainly compost teas and top dresses during veg. Good bit of foliar feeding as well.

As for amendments its mostly a line-up of the usual suspects. Kelp, calphos, gypsum, a variety of meals, aminos, fulvic acid, biochar, soft rock, microbes, trace mineral blend, et al. Might have missed one or two. Got worms too. Can't forget them.

rasputin

The Mad Monk
Veteran
Alright, about time I dust off this thread.

Selections are still being made of ChemDxPK, ChemSisxPK and Sour DubbxOK (DOK). All four Bubba Tom's were males. Pollen has been collected and stored for later use.

Some new stuff going down for the upcoming fall runs...

Triangle Kush x Topanga Canyon Pure Kush from True Grit
Daywrecker x Triangle Kush from Goat & Monkey Seeds
GSC x Orange Kush from Chefro/PUS

Think I might add a couple more this week. BSHW comes to mind, among others.

Back to work.

rasputin

The Mad Monk
Veteran
Yeah, so I added a few more. It's a Full Moon, right?

picture.php

Interesting seed contrast between Gelato 33 x Headbanger from BostonRoots and Santa Marta Gold from Ledo5. The G33xHB are double the size.
picture.php

rasputin

The Mad Monk
Veteran
This thread seemed like a good idea in theory, but in practice I am failing miserably. Hoping to change that going forward.

And so we now return to our regularly scheduled programming.

Popped a bunch of seeds. Most of them came up. I killed a few, like a dummy. It happens. Anyhow, there are still plenty left to play with. Decent variety though it is a little heavy on the Chem's and OG's, but we like that around here so no complaints.

How it started
picture.php

How it's (was) going
picture.php

picture.php

They are actually quite a bit further along than this, I'll get some recent pictures up soon. The majority are in 1 gals about to be upped to 3 gals in a couple days, so quite a difference in size from what is shown. They are going to get a week to 10 days of veg time under a 1K before getting flipped so I'll have a chance to get some good full plant shots of all the different varieties about to get flowered.

Tune in next week for more updates, same Bat-time, same Bat-channel!

Latest posts

Latest posts