What's new

The Egg Box Mk1

Big Eggy

Veteran
Well i have finaly got round to to starting an on going thread on my creation.... I have been building this since Xmas just gone and would have had a grow just finishing about now but had a few mold problems so i scaped the whole lot because i was on going on holiday and it would have been hard for me to correct let alone my house mate who has no idea where to start... anyway a bit more about the box.

Diamentions:
It stands just over 4ft tall about 3ft wide and 1.1ft deep.

Lighting:
the flowering section is powerd by a Phillips 250w hps (lowbay fitting) cut up and turned into a remote ballast light, the mother room is powerd by 40w of CLF's. i know people will think this is over kill for the floering room but wait until you see how they grow... Very tight nodes!

Ventilation:
9 well placed 12v pc fan's (2 pulling air out of the box just under reflector, 2 pulling air into the box on the floor of the flowering room, 2 glued to a bracket inside flowering room [these can be ajusted to blow on the plants or across the bulb] and 1 pulling air from the mother room in to the floering room... this does'nt affect the running temp but the mold problems i had were due to still air in the mother room. Lastly there are 5 passive 90deg vents just above the pot line.

I hav'nt decided what style to grow yet i have a scrog cage that fits in here too, but i think once i get a few females that im happy with then im going to sog them in 2L cola bottles.. I could easily fit 10 in there.. But for now im just focasing on getting a few good ladys to get the whole thing going.

I have decided to grow out my old seeds so im stating in small 4" breeders pots with 50/50 soil & prilite 2 x Nirvana Blue Mystic, 2 x Cali Orange Bud and 2 x DP Skunk #11 (femed just in case).

Well thats it for now, the seeds were only planted yesterday so in a few days i should be back with some seedling pictures to get this thread a bit more intresting.

602eggbox.JPG

I forgot to add the running temps: night temps are between 15-17 deg c and day temps are betwwen 24-26 degs C.

Last edited:

Big Eggy

Veteran
thanks! your the first not to laugh... Only my friend from back home have seen it, they think im some sort of mad scientist... I would'nt mind but they smoke more bud than i do.

Big Eggy

Veteran
just a update.

100% germ rate, which makes up for the eight that did'nt make it last attempt. they have just been sitting behind my bookshelve on the radiator, i'll post pic's when thier full up cuz there's not much point at the moment.

G

Great setup you got there eggy. Can't wait to see the little ones out the soil. Good luck on your grow. :)

G

nice

nice

nice set up Eggy:D
i have a 250watt in similar small sized box (though not aswell designed) it works a dream, saturate the fekers with light they love it!

keep us posted!

DC.